Got my VANS on and they look like sneakers [official vans threak]

homi29

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q9G1BQx.jpg

These are p. nice, japanese label called Doek, apparently made in the same factory, or at least region, as Shoes like Pottery. Would love to grab a pair in all-black

Manufactured in Kurume, Japan, Doek creates high quality canvas sneakers from locally crafted canvas produced in the same manner as kasuri fabrics, often used for kimonos.

Curious what makes those worth going through the hassle to get rather than just getting a pair of very similar looking Eytys? Are you more so a fan of the manuf. process and different(?) materials used? 

No purple heel tab, lower profile sole, made in Japan and not Vietnam, and yet more than $50 (about $70 at this point in time) less than Eytys.

I'm sure they'll do a black monochrome eventually, Shoes like Pottery have already done an all-black for their low-top

Edited by too many deux

anyone know where i can readily buy some solid black suede eras or authentics WITHOUT the foxing stripe?  

(i've looked around, and i could only find suede 'authentic slims' -- which has the low sole, NOT what i'm looking for)

here's an example... (from nitty gritty store)

http://www.nittygrittystore.com/men/footwear/authentic-suede-black

Had a craving for this model as well, spent some time digging. The model number is VN-0YS7EMI. Just an FYI, the sole is actually not white, and is off-white. Mostly, if not only in Japan right now. My guess is that they'll drop stateside in the next 3-4 months... Here's some on sale, not sure if they ship intl

http://www.jiroshop.jp/shopdetail/000000006126/

20141128221402242_500.jpg

Edited by Fycus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...