Buzz Rickson

partytaco

Does anyone know if the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson MA-1 will ever be restocked?

Yup, we'll have more of them at Self Edge on November 1st at all of our stores.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has Buzz ever made these styles of hats before?:

2241_USS_Enterprise_Hat_3.jpg

imgrc0065680943.jpg

imgrc0065680945.jpg

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/br02327/

I answered my own question, somewhat. Not exactly like the ones I posted since these Buzz caps are mesh and non USN. The caps are made in USA not Japan.

Edited by mlwdp

^IH, much like the SC 1947s we've talked about recently in This or That, the BR chambray is incredible bang for the buck.

Yeah about 80 bucks is really good.

I've always wondered about the bottom hem, though; it has kind of an unfinished look in the photos I see online. Does that go away after washing?

I think I have bought an old version, however I was very pleased to find that these chambrays fit quite large. I took a gamble and bought a 16/16.5 which is basically a L. my problem with shirts is that I am a 41 chest. on western brands I fall right in between M and L and in Japanese brands the problem is pretty much the same but depending on the maker I can be L to XXL when it's available. this Buzz fits perfect as it's designed as a regular/loose fit so I can size "just" as the Japanese would say. the only problem is that I can't button it to the top as it's too tight on the neck, no big deal. I'l post a few pics and I might even venture in a side by side comparison with a USN style repro chambray I've got basically at the same time from Chinese brand Bronson. Might be interesting to compare as it's pretty much the same design and details.

Bobbo, how did you size yours? I know they redesigned or changed the sizing (labels) from the older models.

Do they now fit true to (western) size?

Thanks.

PS Volvo & Bobbo - pictures or it didn't happen ;)

Found my one in a second hand shop, so I'm not 100 % if it's the old or new design. How does one tell if it's the former or later?

I got a 15-15,5 which fits bloody perfect, bit more comfy than the Lofgren chambray (small) I bought from you a few years back. I'll have Ruedi take a fit picture when I see him again later this weekend.

Bobbo, how did you size yours? I know they redesigned or changed the sizing (labels) from the older models.

Do they now fit true to (western) size?

Thanks.

PS Volvo & Bobbo - pictures or it didn't happen ;)

Wait, they're different now? I need to know more. 

From History Preservation:

Sizes available: Small (14 1/2) - XXL (18 1/2). Please note: This is the revised fit of a Buzz Rickson’s shirt of the same name that was offered before the fall of 2012, but this Revised Fit substantially impacts the fit and those who can comfortably wear this shirt vs. the earlier shirt. Please see our SIZING TIPS for advice on how to get the correct fit.