3 replies to this topic

#1 HuongStar

HuongStar

bored

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • joined 06 january 04

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:21 PM

The last time we visited Tokyo, we were too wiped out from shopping to really visit any bars or clubs. I'm hoping to take full advantage this time around so an anyone recommend some bars or clubs that aren't too touristy or overridden with visiting Okinawa military boys?

#2 adamgreenfield

adamgreenfield

bored

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • joined 02 january 04

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:07 AM

My favorite place in Tokyo is a one-of-a-kind bar on the fifth floor of an utterly anonymous Meiji-dori building, maybe six or seven buildings south of the Omotesando intersection on the west side of the street. I don't believe it has a name.

It is the most organic, amniotic environment possible - heavy ovoid tumblers full of strong G&Ts, deep minimal-ambient music, dreamy incense, a forest of hanging lamps and pillow'd corners. It's like reclining inside someone's full head of dreadlocks, except not nasty.

To my knowledge, I am the only member of the US military ever to have found my way there.

(BTW, check out the lamps - they really are made of eggshells. Too cool!)

#3 sufu1

sufu1

superfuture1

• supergod
  • Pip
  • 487 posts
  • joined 12 october 03
  • style:futuristic
  • attitude:orthodox
  • denim:size 32

Posted 07 January 2004 - 03:04 AM

hey adam! its called bar5... AND what a surprise!!! >>--- its on the harajuku map near the corner of takeshita dori and meiji dori... though we dont have a review...
http://superfuture.c...?area=3&city=1
not sure if its still there--? havent been in over a year...
its also on waynes upcoming top10 list of TOKYO EARTHQUAKE DEATHTRAP BARS AND CLUBS...[stay tuned...] ...maybe thats why there are so many pillows...

--------------------------
superslave1

Edited by wayne on Jan 6, 2004 at 08:07 PM

#4 adamgreenfield

adamgreenfield

bored

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • joined 02 january 04

Posted 07 January 2004 - 03:41 AM

Maybe I should write a review, then? Now there's a thought...