Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Shame it's not a 33 in the 012 you're after; I bought a pair in that size from Corlectionstore.com here in Sydney last week.  Although I'm a 33 in just about all Japanese denim, I had wanted the 34 due to the famous tight thigh "feature" and my concerns about shoehorning the old DadBod into them.

Mrs mondo had purchased a pair of RJB d103 bk for me for Fathers' Day... man... such a low rise, but was tempted to keep them because RJB(!), and mrs mondo has never, ever shown any interest whatsoever in my burgeoning selection of ever-so-artfully broken-in denim.  Except, it turns out, that she's a bit fed up with the anti-fit repro thing and wanted to see me—or rather, my arse—holstered in something snug. I know, it's a chilling thought.

So, I had to exchange the RJB, and while there's a great selection at Corlection I wanted to remain true to the spirit of her intention and find something slim and dark that would eventually yield mad fadez so she could roll her eyes at me once more.  The PBJ xx012 fit the bill on all counts.  Definite moment of fear after they shrank a fair bit from a cold soak, but after a few hours hanging around the house doing chores they stretched back to their raw size.  I've been wearing them the last five days or so with no dramas.

I appreciate that if you know for sure you are a 34 in these, 33 may not work.  I say this because Corlection seem to be subject to the same restocking wait as everyone else, but they do have a 33 in the xx012, and with the Aussie exchange rate the way it is you can knock 30% off the AUD $352 price tag.  Plus, the "special edition" they carry in the store has a shorter inseam (36", I think), which shrinks up to more like 34-35"  and works well for most regular humans without having to pay extra for hemming.

Shame it's not a 33 in the 012 you're after; I bought a pair in that size from Corlectionstore.com here in Sydney last week.  Although I'm a 33 in just about all Japanese denim, I had wanted the 34 due to the famous tight thigh "feature" and my concerns about shoehorning the old DadBod into them.

Mrs mondo had purchased a pair of RJB d103 bk for me for Fathers' Day... man... such a low rise, but was tempted to keep them because RJB(!), and mrs mondo has never, ever shown any interest whatsoever in my burgeoning selection of ever-so-artfully broken-in denim.  Except, it turns out, that she's a bit fed up with the anti-fit repro thing and wanted to see me—or rather, my arse—holstered in something snug. I know, it's a chilling thought.

So, I had to exchange the RJB, and while there's a great selection at Corlection I wanted to remain true to the spirit of her intention and find something slim and dark that would eventually yield mad fadez so she could roll her eyes at me once more.  The PBJ xx012 fit the bill on all counts.  Definite moment of fear after they shrank a fair bit from a cold soak, but after a few hours hanging around the house doing chores they stretched back to their raw size.  I've been wearing them the last five days or so with no dramas.

I appreciate that if you know for sure you are a 34 in these, 33 may not work.  I say this because Corlection seem to be subject to the same restocking wait as everyone else, but they do have a 33 in the xx012, and with the Aussie exchange rate the way it is you can knock 30% off the AUD $352 price tag.  Plus, the "special edition" they carry in the store has a shorter inseam (36", I think), which shrinks up to more like 34-35"  and works well for most regular humans without having to pay extra for hemming.

I can almost guarantee a 33 would be too tight =/ I always err on the side of slightly too big then slightly too tight.

• 2 weeks later...

These PBJ X015 jeans were trashed by Luke. Shows just what you can do to the 14 oz signature denim.

It's crazy to see how shredded those jeans are yet the back pockets are in still pretty good condition.