Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Thanks Rusty, I think BiG has them in stock now too Broark.

Interestingly, Rusty's measurements look closer to the raw BiG measurements for a 33 than a 34.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Anyone know how much additional stretching a pair of one wash xx-007 will have?  Just got a pair in sz 31 from BiG, wasit/knees fit fine.  Thigh is a little tight.  Contemplating on sizing up to 32, but wondering if I could hold out and wear them and see if they stretch much.  Thoughts?

FWIW, I have the x-15 which were too tight in the thighs and knees.  I thought they would have stretched out but didn't.  Now, I have crotch blowout number 2 in less than 6 months of real wear.

I just wanted to see what all the hype was about honestly, plus the hundred buck difference doesn't hurt either...

More realistically I should focus on my Ooe Yofukuten OA02's for now, or sell a pair or two to free up some space before buying another pair of jeans.

Gotta work on restraint!

I had a pair of 007s a few years back. I loved the denim, but the rise was just too low for me. I need 10 inches in the front rise and 14 or so in the back rise. What model would fit the bill? I've also had the 003s and didn't like the big thighs. I want the slim thighs, just more rise.

Anyone know how much additional stretching a pair of one wash xx-007 will have?  Just got a pair in sz 31 from BiG, wasit/knees fit fine.  Thigh is a little tight.  Contemplating on sizing up to 32, but wondering if I could hold out and wear them and see if they stretch much.  Thoughts?

I had a pair of the 012 (same material) which shrunk tighter than I would have liked in the thigh after a machine wash.

I tried pretty much everything to stretch them back out, from lunges and squats while they were damp to ten mile bike rides and just ended up with sore legs and back of knees which felt like they had been attacked with a cheese grater.... They did not stretch in the thigh more than the tiniest amount, certainly not enough to make a difference.

My xx-007 have stretched out about half an inch the thigh from when I got them one-wash. Took about 2 to 3 weeks to slacken up. It's enough that they now feel quite a bit looser.

Edited by Mrpibbs

FWIW, I have the x-15 which were too tight in the thighs and knees.  I thought they would have stretched out but didn't.  Now, I have crotch blowout number 2 in less than 6 months of real wear.

I had a pair of the 012 (same material) which shrunk tighter than I would have liked in the thigh after a machine wash.

I tried pretty much everything to stretch them back out, from lunges and squats while they were damp to ten mile bike rides and just ended up with sore legs and back of knees which felt like they had been attacked with a cheese grater.... They did not stretch in the thigh more than the tiniest amount, certainly not enough to make a difference.

My xx-007 have stretched out about half an inch the thigh from when I got them one-wash. Took about 2 to 3 weeks to slacken up. It's enough that they now feel quite a bit looser.

Thanks for the info everyone.  Decided to just sz up to 32, i'll just wear a belt.

^If you're planning to keep them 'til their very end, XX007 denim has residual shrinkage waaaay down the line. Take5 dint have my size, so i ended up SU1. 'Thought the waist was a bit loose, as well, but after 7yrs, i'm glad i dint go TTS.

XX007 @7 y/o= around 20mos of effective wear :blush:

Taken inside= available light

LOOPpbj.jpg

007yr7B.jpg

007yr7F.jpg

Taken outside ***indirect light= in the shade

9DF1EAA7-7FEC-4FAC-9BB4-34ADBA94FD54.jpg

Fit Evo:

pbjFITx2wsh.jpg

83D04240-4F5B-4FBE-81B5-A03013C8A338.jpg

PBJ007fit.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

^it sure held up pretty well for a 7 years old denim, amazing  :D

do you have the early years or initial fitpics?

wasn't it too loose for an upsize 1?

^Yup!__ not even a crotch repair, either ... Although, I usually reinforce crotch seam on each jawns, as a habit, before break in.

'Got the fit evo added to the post__ just page back

Edited by BrownMetallic

Looks like Denimio got their XX-009 restock, but no 36.

Just my luck huh?

i just went to denimio and saw a 36 on the drop down menu...did you try ordering it?  i'm contemplating a 32 or 33

(edit: the 36 is non-wash...the one washed is listed as sold out, but i presume youd want non-wash?)

Edited by ironheartfan123

i just went to denimio and saw a 36 on the drop down menu...did you try ordering it?  i'm contemplating a 32 or 33

(edit: the 36 is non-wash...the one washed is listed as sold out, but i presume youd want non-wash?)

I would highly recommend the raw version anyways in PBJ, these things shrink and stretch so much that it makes sense to get the raw version. 

My xx007 in 36 were perfect in the thigh but the waist was loose, a hot soak brought the waist in to a nearly perfect size and the thighs stretched back to raw in two days. Whenever i feel the waist and top block loosening up to much i'll just give the top block a hot soak. Back to near perfect waist size for me, plus i think it'll help prevent an early blowout 

I believe it says that the 36 is sold out on Denimio, I emailed them and they said they were out of 36 at their shop and on the factory side. So I guess it's either find them somewhere else or wait another year for production! I don't really need any other jeans right now, but we'll see what happens.

Hi Guys - I am looking for a fit which is tapered and the only experience I have as of now is N&F weird guy cut....and I have a few issues.  I find that if I get the proper waist then the thighs/crotch are too tight.  Getting a fit which is tight but not too restrictive leaves the waist slightly too big.  This is fine as I can just wear a belt but in general I think I need a cut with slightly more rise and a bit more room in the thigh.  I do like a tapered fit in general similar to the weird guy or even more.  Thanks for the help!

Most PBJ fits are low rise so you might be barking up the wrong tree. The tapered cut is the xx-011/013 cut which is their slim tapered. The others are all straight cut. But then again, it's got the lowest rise and the slimmest thigh measurement.

does anyone have any info on this?

927381_1815247812034277_1527003889_n.jpg

"@pure_blue_japan Iwaya-san (Mr. PBJ) is in NYC showing us some new original denim samples; (L-R) 15.5oz Deep Variegated Indigo, 16.5oz Variegated Indigo Slub, & 16.5oz Variegated Stretch Slub selvage#blueingreensoho #purebluejapan"

https://instagram.com/p/0I1PXkm6iz/?taken-by=blueingreensoho

any info about this?

Came across the 18 oz PBJ denim in a recent Lightning Mag. Too bad it's only available in a Slim fit so far. Would love to see that in a roomier fit - could be my next pair then.

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/archives/5893

It would be hype to see you fade a pair of PBJs, they are amazing jeans. I'd say the x-15s are more of a skinny, than slim fit (very tight in the thighs and knees).  That 18oz looks sick though.

Edited by Chubacca

Pronto X PBJ collab

Fit check, what do you all think? I'm trying to decide if I want a full/regular cut vs a tailored taper.  It definitely feels weird to actually have thigh/knee mobility and crotch space for a change.  

q3jJQHp.jpg

u3GQDFZ.jpg

AZ4av0g.jpg