Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Ha ha! She loves them Danny!

We will be coming back to London for a week around 2nd week of September for our anniversary celebrations. On top of the list of places we BOTH want to visit is your store, so I can hopefully give your suggestions a try then.

Edited by Artisandenim

Ha ha! She loves them Danny!

We will be coming back to London for a week around 2nd week of September for our anniversary celebrations. On top of the list of places we BOTH want to visit is your store, so I can hopefully give your suggestions a try then.

oh i know how it feels to have a wife that truly appreciates the stuff that we wear.

mine used to work in a japanese denim store in singapore and to be able to appreciate and have the knowledge on the clothes we were is simply amazing

I'm trying to corrupt my wife to be into the world of raws. She's always appreciated nice clothing but she's had trouble getting past the rough nature of a new pair of raws. So I'm getting her her own PBJ hoodie to introduce her personally to the quality.

I've been awed by the XX-007 since I first saw it, must have been nearly four years ago at this point. At the time, jeans over $200 were completely out of my price range. I spent a lot of time browsing for cheap Nudies (eventually my first pair) and other American brands I could find more easily. But that beautiful fabric stayed in the back of my mind and haunted me with its elusive allure. I went through almost 200 pages of the Evolution of Jeans thread during the height of my obsession trying to find as many pictures of them as I could, and just basking in awe of their beauty. It's really a wonderful cut, wonderful color, incredible fading properties, truly unique in so many ways--I couldn't ask for much more out of a pair of jeans. Now, because of doubts as to whether there will ever be another run of the 007s, there are many other pairs on my wish list, but if they were to be re-released at any point in the future, I know I would buy them and, without a doubt, be absolutely smitten.

Edited by chicote

I've been awed by the XX-007 since I first saw it, must have been nearly four years ago at this point. At the time, jeans over $200 were completely out of my price range. I spent a lot of time browsing for cheap Nudies (eventually my first pair) and other American brands I could find more easily. But that beautiful fabric stayed in the back of my mine I went through almost 200 pages of the Evolution of Jeans thread during the height of my obsession trying to find as many pictures of them as I could, and just basking in awe of their beauty. It's really a wonderful cut, wonderful color, incredible fading properties, truly unique in so many ways--I couldn't ask for much more out of a pair of jeans. Now, because of doubts as to whether there will ever be another run of the 007s, there are many other pairs on my wish list, but if they were to be re-released at any point in the future, I know I would buy them and, without a doubt, be absolutely smitten.

October is the planned re-run of the X007 and X012 

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

I think you are correct about the dyeing process.  Comparing my 009 to 020 pair, the 009 is definitely slubbier.  I am not too bothered, if I am in the mood for slubby I turn to my ONI.  ;)

Quick question here: when buying a one-wash jean, is it safer to wash it a second time by myself to be sure to avoid further shrinking in the future ?

In any case, a pair of 005 should be waiting in my mailbox very soon B)

Edited by Jonaz

The PBJ denim really does have a high shrink/stretch factor. I recently got some some XX-003s and have washed and dried them several times and they just keep getting smaller, especially the inseam. The waist stretches out again quickly to a comfortable size. The main thing is the extra fabric in the thigh has pulled in and looks much better and the inseam has shortened to the point where I can do a single as opposed to double cuff. The inseam is much shorter than the BIG chart.

The X011 is a left hand twill so has some good stretch in it. However, if you really cannot do up the top button on the 29w I'd not go for them. How experienced are you with raw? We notice some customers confuse the stiffness of the button hole before the soak being the problem rather than the jeans being too small. Make sure that's not the issue. Otherwise, go for the 30w.

This will be my first pair of PBJs, and i own a pair of APC petit new standards in size 26. They fit really snugly but for my PBJs, i would like to have a fit that is not so tight around my waist/hips and crotch area, and tapers down from the thigh. I have pretty skinny legs so i'm afraid that getting too big a size may cause a "flaring" effect on my lower leg. 

Yourplaceormine Denimio are always quick to respond to emails. If you check the homepage there is a calendar for release and restocks. If you register your interest they will email you on restocks also. May be a while on X11 and X013 though. Denimo are good for service and shipping is quick and reliable. If you in the UK or Europe though keep in touch with Danny at Rivet & Hide as they should have them as soon as the next run is released.