Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Their TaoBao stockist had their physical address outside of Guangzhou - not so much a proper store, but it was the next best thing. Hard reach without a car way back then.

Maybe that's still the case...

Don't forget their stockist in HK - now that's a proper store.

Edited by Foxy2

• 1 month later...

Great review, super read. I'm quite tempted by these for my next pair. How did you size these compared to your normal sizing? If I wear a 31 as a rule, would you recommend a 32?

Review of the new Red Cloud Daaifau jeans.

dObXm4p.jpg

tl:dr Unfortunately, as much I wanted to like it, this pair doesn't do it for me.

I won't go into too much detail here, but I do think there's a lot of potential, and I hope the next batch in the Daaifau series do well.

Don't mean to be a douche on the RC thread, but as a SuFu bro I will say check out Sauce Zhan,if you like Xinjiang cotton.

Not at all. I've only heard good things about sz. Not particularly fussed about xinjiang, just liked what you had to say about the fabric. I also like the measurements on the DF105, but if they're not accurate, it could be an annoying mistake to buy them right?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the review, mike! Really appreciated!

And honestly, feedback (good or bad) are taken seriously for brands to improve.

Your write-up is very good and we will definitely let Raymon (Red Cloud) knows by translating to him. We are very sure, he will take this seriously and positively. 

There is something we will need to correct (purely our fault for not promptly introduce Daaifau officially and properly).

What Mike mentioned on the review about Daaifau was all correct except that the story is meant for as a whole Daaifau collection line, which will includes Sweaters, Shirts, Canvas Shoes... 

Daaifau is more like a, interesting story that might or might not have any influence on the designs.

In this context, the DF103 to 105 line does not have influence from the story. 

Raymon's original idea for these DF stapled jeans series is for international market (not to be available on Taobao), which you can see Tuckshop's online store has changed for his direction on Red Cloud page. 

These DF stapled jeans (from 103 to 105) has gone through some changes in the cut as compared to the old series of 423, 424, 425. The changes, (although might not to everybody's preferences) requires his factory to restart a totally new pattern-cutting template. This calls for some extra cost, thus the price increased for DF 103 to 105 series.

Add all of DF jeans with the wukong's arc on back pockets is his reply to the many feedback of western customers.

The denim fabric is still Xinjiang cotton as of now. Manufacturing is still his own small factory in Shenyang.

So far from local retail try-outs and purchases, we do not have complains about measurements even for the new DF white jeans. However, we will definitely re-measure all of them again to make sure.

Lastly, we have to very clear that Mike's review is very important to us (or to Raymon), we are taking it positively with no hard feelings at all. We believe as small brands, what we are doing here is direct satisfaction of users.

If anyone is interested in this new DF line, treat it as a relatively new brand, please feel free to send us email inquiry, [email protected] we are always happy to reply almost instantly.

Thank you very much to Mike and all!

Nice fit, volvo!

As mentioned earlier, R436XX is now running out of stock very soon, even for China retailers.

Tuckshop has one waist 28 left, at a good price.

As of now, news from Red Cloud is that, there will not be anymore R series of jeans for international (not sure if they will make for China market), all international will carry DF series.

The closest cut to R436XX is now DF 103.

The differences is higher rise, wider thigh, slightly more tapered for the DF 103.

http://tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=18&product_id=274

Nice fit, volvo!

As mentioned earlier, R436XX is now running out of stock very soon, even for China retailers.

Tuckshop has one waist 28 left, at a good price.

As of now, news from Red Cloud is that, there will not be anymore R series of jeans for international (not sure if they will make for China market), all international will carry DF series.

The closest cut to R436XX is now DF 103.

The differences is higher rise, wider thigh, slightly more tapered for the DF 103.

http://tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=18&product_id=274

That's actually really disappointing to hear. Oh well, I guess. Hope they still make it for the Chinese market. 

^ That was disappointment for retailers like us too, when we first heard Raymon's plan. However, we have to respect his decision as a brand owner. 

How we can help is to translate as much information to the English market as possible.

If anyone follows Red Cloud's Chinese social network or maybe even Raymon's own instagram, you can actually see that he recently bought a few mills for his factory. 

During our meeting last season, he briefly mentioned he would like to try his hand on producing his own fabric for future development. 

No further news yet. But finger crossed.

Anyway, would also like to inform that we got hold of some end of production Salt and Pepper Twill Pants which was released in 2014. This model was not in production anymore, we sold out them in retail and thought it will be nice to bring the leftovers from Raymon's office.

Red Cloud Salt & Pepper Trousers

Straight leg, twill lightweight fabric.

http://tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=18&product_id=193&limit=100

P8223947-850x1200.jpg

P8223953-850x1200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The new arrival of Red Cloud Canvas Shoes, available online now.

Vulcanised rubber, toe-cap is double-layered rubber

Rubber heel hidden within

Arch-ease insole design

'Daaifau' logo design on heel

True to size

RED CLOUD R490H-SP HI-CUT (Brown/Brown)

P9294730-850x1200.jpg

RED CLOUD R490H-SP LO-CUT (Brown/Brown)

P9294725-850x1200.jpg

RED CLOUD R490H-SP HI-CUT (Coco Brown/Black)

P9294728-850x1200.jpg

RED CLOUD R490H-SP LO-CUT (Navy/Black)

P9294724-850x1200.jpg

Edited by TuckshopSS

The new arrival of Red Cloud Canvas Shoes, available online now.

Vulcanised rubber, toe-cap is double-layered rubber
Rubber heel hidden within
Arch-ease insole design
'Daaifau' logo design on heel
True to size

So I know it says true to size but was curious to see how you guys sized for them? I wear an 10 in converse, a 28 in Shoes Like Pottery and 11 in Vans/Adidas/Nike, so I am assuming I should probably go with a 10 in these? And any chance you guys will get the navy/white sole version? I saw them on taobao and love the way they look (more than the navy/black sole version). 

Sorry for late reply.

Yes, size 10 will be fitting for you.

We do not have the Navy/White version. We have chosen the more subtle colour tone as shown in the website, which explains the Navy matching with Black instead of the other contrasty matching.

This 2nd edition are as hot as the first edition, probably because of the many details changes like the hidden heels, arch-ease, matching colour lace, placement of the ventilation holes..