Imogene + Willie

dnsnlsn

I've seen pics of their stuff floating around the web and on their website. Their jeans seem to be well made with quality materials, and have a good rep with some of the hipster-blogger-set. My only knock is that the pricing is a bit steep, which has always turned me off... I'd rather drop $250+ on some ROYs, LVC, etc. Still, looking forward to more evo pics.

...I hate to say it but it sure looks like this thread is destined to fail which is a shame because I think Imogene + Willie are decent jeans. Maybe one of the sufu big guns can pop in and save it by talking about how all the cool kids in Japan pay $800 for these so they can earn their "ridiculously expensive US import" badge for their boy scout sash.

There are a lot of threads that are lower activity. Let's not give up too soon. I'd put these far above the Canes I've owned, and I've had three pairs. I'd also put these several notches above the LVC 1947 I've owned as well.

There are a lot of threads that are lower activity. Let's not give up too soon. I'd put these far above the Canes I've owned, and I've had three pairs. I'd also put these several notches above the LVC 1947 I've owned as well.

John, if the I&W are better than SC or LVC, how about getting some decent photos that show them, and are on a par with the photos on those respective threads? However much we like your crotch close-ups, they don't tell us much about the jeans.

Just saying that fit wise, for me they're better. They're just a slimmer cut jean. Sorry about the pics; just doing the best I can. Yes, I can see where the 'crotch shot' was not good. But, I don't really see what the problem is with some of the other pics. I thought the evo was pretty cool, especially on the last pic. But, I guess I was wrong and it sounds like I have a lot to learn about taking evo shots of jeans. If I'm coming across as trying to champion a brand no one else is into, sorry. That's not my intention. Being new to Superfuture, I just saw the thread and thought I'd try to contribute, since not many folks have. For me, fit is important, and I + W fit me better than the others I've tried. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I live in Nashville and have the luxury of actually going to the shop and getting fitted. I like the thought of supporting a local company when they do quality work. Anyway, sounds like glimmertwins is right. If this thread just isn't stacking up with the others here on Superfuture, let's just let it die. Fine with me.

John, I've already given u rep, don't be so sensitive! Keep on updating us - if you're championing a brand, that's a great thing.

What I advise most is having children - then get them to take the photos for you. They don't need payment apart from the odd ice-cream.

Apologies for the hypersensitivity, gentlemen. I'm really enjoying the forum and just want to have respect for the protocol. Will try more and hopefully better pictures soon. My 10 month Willies are really getting worn from hard work and my 1 month Bartons are coming into their own as well, and I hope to have some pics soon that will do them justice.

just because the thread has bad pictures and there are haters doesn't mean it needs to be deleated. look at the evo of denim thread, the first picture sucks, but its a great thread. I don't know much about this brand but i appreciate superdenim as a catalog of artisan jeansmakers. if someone isn't interested in it they dont need to read it, but leave a place for people to share their experiences with the jeans.

The Willie rise is higher than Barton. Not sure exactly how much. The Willie fit is a little more comfortable and the front pockets are a little more 'usable', but for a slimmer person, the Barton is a much better looking fit. The rise on the Barton looks closer to the Eternal 883 from the pics I've seen. You can see from the evo pics that I carry my wallet in the front pocket of the Willies. That ain't happening with the Bartons.

@jonmhenderson - you sized down 3 on each model, right?

I'm considering picking up a pair, I was hoping you could give me some insight. I'm looking for a slim, but not skinny fit. I'm thinking either sizing down the recommended one inch on the Bartons, or down two on the Willie's.

My concerns are that I don't want the top block to be tight, as I'm constantly repairing the crotch on my current jeans. I also don't want the rise to be too low, as I have an ass. Would you consider the Barton's low rise? or are they just lower than the rather high rise on the Willies?

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did size down 3 from my waist size. I'm a 31, so I got jeans that were 28 waist. But that was in the Willies, which back last summer were being made of Japanese denim. This new Cone denim is significantly thinner, stretchier, and more forgiving. If you are mail ordering, for a fit like mine, I suggest sizing down three ACTUAL inches from your true waist size. I'm not sure about the tagged size, as my Bartons are a tagged 27. Must be vanity sizing. Anyway, here's the Barton fit:

d1f6588d.jpg

8279b227.jpg

As opposed to the Willie fit

09e71900.jpg

aa8779ba.jpg

I wouldn't call the Barton super low rise, but, as you can see, it's lower that the Willie. Personally, I think the Willie cut would look better on a taller person, as the back pockets are significanty longer than the Bartons'. This should give you an idea of what the jean cut looks like. However, the best suggestion I could give you would be to talk to Ian. The service is great, and he will be able to get you into the perfect fit for you!

Jon

If you get a pair with one of their standard inseams (30,32,34,36) I think they will allow you to return them if they don't fit. I'd recommend sending them an email with what you're looking for and they can help get you in the right size. Ian is really helpful with that stuff. There's a ton of fit pics here - http://lovefadesiw.tumblr.com/ with both styles. The rise doesn't look quite so high on the pics there.

@jonmhenderson - you sized down 3 on each model, right?

I'm considering picking up a pair, I was hoping you could give me some insight. I'm looking for a slim, but not skinny fit. I'm thinking either sizing down the recommended one inch on the Bartons, or down two on the Willie's.

My concerns are that I don't want the top block to be tight, as I'm constantly repairing the crotch on my current jeans. I also don't want the rise to be too low, as I have an ass. Would you consider the Barton's low rise? or are they just lower than the rather high rise on the Willies?

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.