BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Got my Oni 546zr yesterday and wore them today...my first heavyweight jeans. They were one washed version, but still felt lighter and easier to move in than I expected.

Fit is perfect. I have 32inch waist and the tag size 31 fits great.

20160322_192843.jpg

20160322_193000.jpg

They are slubby and neppy, which gives them a great look. Plus I really like the arcs on the back pockets.

20160322_193428.jpg

20160322_193332.jpg

After my initial disappointment with my 14oz I went back and got the 16 oz, as the price was right. Denim and construction feel much better and the slub/texture is on another level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just received my ONI 02517HOX sulfur dyed Type II jacket!

First impression after half a week:

-Very rigid but still light (specially when compared to my other jacket - IH rider's jacket). I think it's the perfect weight for Spring/Summer months...

-Construction seems to be good. Well, let's see how it's holding on in the future.

-Fit is great, even if kinda strange at first: shoulders/length/everything is really great but the arms are pretty tight (an I don't have big ones...). I was hesitating between keeping it or sizing up. I will try to wear it this way and see if it will stretch a bit...It's good anyway when I have only a T-shirt underneath.

All in all, pretty happy with my first ONI purchase. Can't wait to see how it will age/hold/fade!

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the secret denim jacket-- sounds kind of like there are mixed reviews here. Denim looks great as far as I can tell. I'm not 100% sure about the fit, particularly if there's crazy stretching/shrinkage. Are you owners out there generally happy with it? Comparable quality to their competitors like samurai or iron heart?

that double indigo is gonna be nice id imagine would grab them if I didn't already own so many pairs haven't heard a word about them lately maybe denimio should drop an update on that info although they won't be exclusively sold thru them.

hell I'd kill to have the type 2or3 ONI jacket also love both the fabrics but the length just won't work for me.

Thought I'd post a pic of the type 2&3 jackets. I never got around to posting about it I received the type 2 for christmas and it has been my primary jacket since. Really love them both though, however since my dedicated winter jeans have been the secret denim 502zr the type 3 hasn't seen as much use. As far as shrinking/ stretch they're both size 42, the type3 being one washed and the type 2 was raw then hot soaked twice for a perfect fit, no real stretching noticed. For reference, 5'9" 170lb w/ size 30 oni502zr. 

27019966992_b1e1b5498f_c.jpg

Edited by aquino

• 2 weeks later...

Got the secret type III. Really happy with the denim. Cool weave that's heavy but pretty breathable. The season here in Japan is already getting pretty humid but I was able to wear it out for the last couple of days without melting. Looking forward to seeing how it will evolve, but definitely worth the money in my opinion.

That back pocket fade looks awesome! Cant wait to see how mine turn out, i've effectively worn mine for a month so far. Been able to wear them again this week as the weather in UK thinks it's March rather than the start of summer

Anyone looking forward to the new indigo x indigo denim soon to be released. I know I am.

Denimio has sent round email...looks like a fast fader judging by their 3 month pic. 

the idxid 14oz is so tempting, I want a pair myself!! (if I've got the money)  :unsure:

the sizing (by denimio and rodeo bros) is so confusing, I usually wear 29 and if I see that, I think I need to wear 32 on the 516, and 31 on the 512 and 612

those fits are awesome, if I get to pick it someday it'd be either 516 or 612  ^_^

and that sizing thing also makes me doubt to pick one even if I had the money, I've never returned things overseas before, and I wouldn't want to be charged much more by the customs and shipping cause the price we need to pay is quite expensive here in Indonesia  :mellow:

if anyone already picked a pair, please give some reviews  ^_^

Edited by renindra

Denimio offers the 'option' to ship without import tax, they have a good return policy with discounted shipping and if you ask they will give pretty accurate measurements from a pair in store. I found that if you give them your size in a jean you own that they stock they will advise on what size you need in another brand/cut.

Yea Denimio allow you to down-value the price on the shipping invoice so that you can potentially avoid customs fees. I have ordered from them twice and not been hit by customs fees

Blue in green has the sizing for the id x Id jeans. Also for USA customers remember that the limit is $800 now not $200 for duties.

Not sure why these are so yellow on the knees. Color seems a little funny in the photos, although I suppose they are pretty yellow in person.

27558584136_2ede254614_b.jpg

27592718295_4ab62034f1_b.jpg

Just got the 512 id x id (size 30 raw) jeans in from Denimio last night. My amazing wife ordered these for me as a late Birthday present and I couldn't be more pleased with how this new fabric turned out.

They're an incredibly dark midnight blue nearly black. These are the lightest weight ONI denim I've handled but they feel just as substantial as the 16oz xx fabrics, very crisp.

Right out of the bag the pleasing indigo aroma is twice as strong. The slub is rather pebble like, I can already see bits of white on the peaks. I am really liking the dark mustard pocket bags and bronze hardware. The 512 fit is pretty much the same as all their other 512 fits in different denims, any difference experienced is most likely due to fabric qualities. 

Pre/Post Hot soak pic:

27600896295_ed38e3f8f7_b.jpg

Edited by aquino

Just got the 512 id x id (size 30 raw) jeans in from Denimio last night. My amazing wife ordered these for me as a late Birthday present and I couldn't be more pleased with how this new fabric turned out.

They're an incredibly dark midnight blue nearly black. These are the lightest weight ONI denim I've handled but they feel just as substantial as the 16oz xx fabrics, very crisp.

Right out of the bag the pleasing indigo aroma is twice as strong. The slub is rather pebble like, I can already see bits of white on the peaks. I am really liking the dark mustard pocket bags and bronze hardware. The 512 fit is pretty much the same as all their other 512 fits in different denims, any difference experienced is most likely due to fabric qualities.

Pre/Post Hot soak pic:

27600896295_ed38e3f8f7_b.jpg

Great pre and post pics. My 612 are on there way.

Picked up the new Oni 612idid. By far the most tapered jeans I've ever had. I would probably do better with the 516 version. The measurements were far smaller than denimio. Inseam was 2" shorter pre soak than denimio listed and same with big. Hem shrunk down 1" more than expected.

zIOj3Fs.jpg

iT0YXDl.jpg

Edited by cmboland

Picked up the new Oni 612idid. By far the most tapered jeans I've ever had. I would probably do better with the 516 version. The measurements were far smaller than denimio. Inseam was 2" shorter pre soak than denimio listed and same with big. Hem shrunk down 1" more than expected.

They look dope. How much do Oni's stretch? I have some Unbranded 401's in a 31 (32 waist) which have stretched to a 33 waist. They're a bit tight as I've gained some weight. No sure whether to go with a 31 Oni and hope for an inch or two of stretch in the waist or go with a 32 and hope for plenty of pre-soak shrinkage and not too much stretch with wear. Thoughts?