BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

here are some olive denim that are available raw.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=15197&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

i am wondering if anyone can help me track down a pair of 14.5 oz Oni 517 in size 34, preferably the raw version.  I am not very experienced at poking around the Japanese sites so hopefully one of you might be able to help me out, or perhaps one of you have a pair sitting in a closet somewhere and are looking to sell them...

I greatly appreciate any help.  thank you.

20140913_160922_zps20e350e5.jpg

20140913_160753_zpsfb50c7d3.jpg

So I had to give the jeans another wash prior to sending them in to denim therapy for some repairs. My big ass thighs combined with the rough nature of the denim caused the warp to get ground the hell out. Figured i'd take a pic with my cell while they were still out drying. I'll get some more HQ pics in after the repairs have been done. Cheers

• 1 month later...

From Small Questions Thread...

why isnt Oni Denim more popular?  Does anyone have a pair that they care to share info on, like the denim, build etc...?

Seconded - I think Oni is a very underrated brand.
I have handled a few pairs in different cuts & weights and think they are very impressive.
The fabrics are second to non - possibly my favourites. The slub is incredible.
I'll be buying some when I next need a new pair.

Would like to see the ONI thread more active.

I love the Oni denim and would love to get a pair, but I believe only Blue in Green sells them?? I too am hoping to snag a pair someday, but gotta work through my Deep Blue Monsters and 3Sixteen denim first. haha 

Probably just the usual deal, haven't hit the hype wagon and few people are interested in unless everyones talking about them. Or sold by SE  :D

Construction appears as solid as any of the good Japanese brands from a brief look at a pair. The fabric I saw was amazing.

Here's my 'secret' Oni link, they are available in so many more cuts and models than I think people realise.

http://www.kidana.com/oni%20denim/

http://www.kidana.com/oni%20denim/index.htm

I have the Oni x NF collab, the ONI denim is amazing loads of slub, texture and variation in colour. Definitely considering a pair of Oni's own jeans. 

That's a great resource Hogg.
I have seen a good few pairs in Japan - some with some err, ahem, interesting arcs and mostly one wash. However there are more cuts available than in BIG or Son of a Stag.

There are a couple of well stocked Rakuten Stores that have Raw models.

Frisbee is one: http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?k=Oni&sid=frisbee&l-id=gs_product_search

From what I've seen they've just recently received this year/seasons(?) stock.

We should all make a concerted effort to buy some and build some (unnecessary) Hype ;)

I do have a pair of Oni 0277. The fit is nice and comfy, construction is also good. The denim is just too slubby for my (current) taste. 

I suppose it's easy for people who wants to try out slubby denim to choose a brand with more backing and hype around it like Samurai.

I'm looking to get the Oni 517 but am torn between the 14oz and the 16.5oz.  My other jeans are 18oz Iron Heart's and I want something lighter weight but I hear the 16.5oz are still very light/cool because of the loose weave.

I'm looking for the most neppy irregular texture one and I heard the 16.5oz has a bit more texture? True?

in my experience with both the 14 and 16.5 oz, i would agree that the 16.5 oz has more slubb and texture and is undoubtedly a very comfortable jean even in hot weather because it breathes so well.  

in fact, i am trying to determine if the 20oz secret denim has that same quality ?  i know it will be heavier weight, but how is it's breathability?  i was literally able to feel the wind blow on my legs while wearing the 16.5 oz.  

any opinions appreciated.

thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

For all who own the 20oz secret denim (specifically low tension)-

How stiff is the denim initially, and how much does it loosen up with wear?

It's not stiff at all (relatively speaking). Before I soaked them, I could see light through a couple of spots. After the hot soak, they shrunk up almost exactly to the OW measurement.  I've found my pair have continued to shrink a tiny smidge past one wash measurements after giving them two legit washes. As far as how much stretch, I'd say they stretch only a mild amount. I wish I had hard date on it but I've never taken the time.

Thanks, I'm seriously considering a pair of Oni's for the next heavy weight competition, but BiG is the only retailer i know of and they're sold out in my size for all the jeans i was considering.

Where else could i pick these up?

http://www.kidana.com/oni%20denim/infomation.htm

This is the best I have...I hope it helps.  

I know for the links provided, unless you have friend in Japan you are out of luck as they dont ship internationally. However, one can assume that a re-stock here hopefully means a re-stock elsewhere(no idea if this is true or not).

Denimio is pretty standard to deal with, just takes a little longer than getting something stateside. As far as working with a proxy, I've never done it, but there are multiple services. I haven't ordered with Rakuten but I know that some stores are supposed to be shipping international now. 

^ OBVIOUSLY someone is greedy, won't mention any name.  Exclusivity does more harm to the brand than good IMO.

Anyway, let's not go off topic too much since this thread is about ONI denim and not other brand's retailer arrangements.

Denimio's challenges are based in the fact that they have always been transparent in the fact that they desired to ship internationally. This, combined with the fact that certain brands are already represented locally, have made it a challenge to expand any further. Ultimately, it's going to be up to the japanese denim brands and whether or not they want to push beyond their original deals in order to expand.

Now back to Oni: I've only owned one pair of Oni in the form of the 527. They've been a truly great pair of denim, which I'll give a full rundown of when I get a chance. In the meantime, I wish I had eight more legs and a couple grand to spare cuz I would love to sample more of their wares asap.