Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

wow this place seems really slow now

havent been on in a while. like maybe early 2015. but it just seems like i didn't even miss that much. what happened?

waywt actually looks surprisingly good tho, better than i remember.

Edited by OCEANSECT

• 2 weeks later...

so i listed something on grailed a while back with the intention to sell but due to low interest/lowballs i decided to keep it. I have a guy who lowballed initially way back, didn't even respond to his offer. 2 weeks later he sends an even lower offer, didn't respond again. Now (3 weeks since his last offer) he sends me an an offer 60% of his original offer. I'm not sure what his thought process is here. 

I get that too, usually dudes from HK that when they sell stuff have ridiculous prices but when buying theyll lowball you through the floor. I was asking like $200, he would offer $20 less each week in passing until I blocked him. 

I get that too, usually dudes from HK that when they sell stuff have ridiculous prices but when buying theyll lowball you through the floor. I was asking like $200, he would offer $20 less each week in passing until I blocked him.

Should I even bother trying to unload on trailed at this point?

Sure their userbase is trash and their attempt at becoming a place to read about clothing is a bit silly (some sufu OGs involved, can't hate I'm sure the pay is good) but as long as I can flip old ebay/yjp purchases that I don't wear anymore for 2-3x what I paid, Grailed is cool. It's made the market a bit worse for buyers and a lot better for sellers.

The trick to selling on there is choosing a high starting price and having a lot of patience. For the first 30 days bump as much as the system allows, then bump every 10-14 days. Final sales price tends to relate more to the starting price (50% of it in my experience, although sometimes you get lucky and someone buys immediately) than what the item is actually worth.

• 1 month later...

if someone stunts full mainline rick in 2016, do you give them the nod of approval for sticking to their guns, or do you avoid all eye contact?

related, how is boris bidjan saberi still making clothing?

what's after post-normcore/techwear? the ninities thing already feels completely played out (eg stealing from rotterdam hardcore circa 1995 long sleeve t-shirts/bad skate graphics from same era/calvin klein)? NeuMenswear? Suits with bigger lapels in #PostMadMen?

Is wearing Muji/Uniqlo the ultimate endgame of buying when combined with a dead stare?

since they made a gender flipped version of ghostbusters, do you think they'd make a movie about the brotherhood of the traveling yohji hakama where they all take pictures of each other in the same pants trying to get tumblr cred?

you can get the answer from old members but im sure you will have to pay em

What happened to this forum?

It's like a ghost town...