Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

Relistened to the side project of Paul Gilbert 'United States' today and uh

I was looking at the album cover again and well damn there's something I wasn't able to recognize in 2009 when that album came out see for yourself haha

ATSZsSZ.jpg

SVheFwd.jpg

XHbgXgG.jpg

(Paul Gilbert was the lead guitarist of Racer X and Mr. Big in case you didn't know)

Rick's also like only 4 years older than Paul and they were both active in LA around the same time when Paul was in Racer X and after Rick dropped out of Otis-Parsons.
Probably reaching here but it'd be funny if they actually met each other back in the day.

Edited by Hsin8

Hsin your posts are like the ramblings of a drunk schizophrenic crack head after watching the film 'Zodiac'

while i don't understand why your opinion that my 'fits are really sick' matters at least provide the courtesy to elaborate on why, whatever i posted, was a 'pretty dumb series of sentences'...i'm interested

been thinking about consumption lately

tumblr_nahsqdfyXt1qbx7o6o1_1280.png

ok well, even your first sentence. "it is not money that hinders your ability to consume good things"

i am a student in college, and i work at a cafe for approximately 30 hours a week while not in school. with my other expenses being taken into account, i simply cannot spend 200$ on a pair of pants. let alone 300$, or even 500$. i need to eat and be able to afford a mild social life with nights out etc, and even though i eat at work a lot, this costs me hundreds of dollars a month. that's not even including bills. if you think i should take a credit card out, get into a lot of debt so that i can "consume good things", i will simply tell you that having sick fits is not worth thousands of dollars of debt and entering the working world post-graduation in such a financial condition would be stupid.

since you refused to tell me how you get your income, i'm going to assume you don't work for it and you are therefore spending someone else's money. that's fine, that's why i said i like your fits, since i think you spend it on nice things and you do these items justice in how you wear them. but all i can afford are levis, hanes, vans and the occasional military-spec parka or something. therefore, a lack of money is literally the only thing hindering me from being able to consume goods on the same par as you do.

i don't really feel like i have to address anything else, since your first sentence conveniently contained your entirely unwarranted assertion

nuh, i wouldn't do that. anyway it was just a gd day and i was able to put thoughts into words.

if i recall correctly he "get's paid" less than minimum wage.  YIKES!

*edit: no point of an answer

if i recall correctly his helmut lang pants was "70 bucks."

@howl

why do you keep editing yr posts here?  what does "no point of an answer" mean?

I'm not sure being fiscally irresponsible was his point. I think he was just saying that if you make having nice things a priority, you'll find a way to get those nice things. Same way a kid in high school who doesn't work finds ways to get his jordans. 

Whether it's right or wrong to live beyond your means in a single facet of your life (like clothes, or having a mild social life) is something else I guess.

I'm not sure being fiscally irresponsible was his point. I think he was just saying that if you make having nice things a priority, you'll find a way to get those nice things. Same way a kid in high school who doesn't work finds ways to get his jordans. 

Whether it's right or wrong to live beyond your means in a single facet of your life (like clothes, or having a mild social life) is something else I guess.

again: where da money coming from

ok well, even your first sentence. "it is not money that hinders your ability to consume good things"

i am a student in college, and i work at a cafe for approximately 30 hours a week while not in school. with my other expenses being taken into account, i simply cannot spend 200$ on a pair of pants. let alone 300$, or even 500$. i need to eat and be able to afford a mild social life with nights out etc, and even though i eat at work a lot, this costs me hundreds of dollars a month. that's not even including bills. if you think i should take a credit card out, get into a lot of debt so that i can "consume good things", i will simply tell you that having sick fits is not worth thousands of dollars of debt and entering the working world post-graduation in such a financial condition would be stupid.

since you refused to tell me how you get your income, i'm going to assume you don't work for it and you are therefore spending someone else's money. that's fine, that's why i said i like your fits, since i think you spend it on nice things and you do these items justice in how you wear them. but all i can afford are levis, hanes, vans and the occasional military-spec parka or something. therefore, a lack of money is literally the only thing hindering me from being able to consume goods on the same par as you do.

i don't really feel like i have to address anything else, since your first sentence conveniently contained your entirely unwarranted assertion

@howl

why do you keep editing yr posts here?  what does "no point of an answer" mean?

@sschaden:

if the internet allows me to be dynamic then why not take advantage of it, im not altering my responses to the point of contradiction. i felt an answer wasn't needed since whats the point of knowing how much it was unless you were hoping to base an answer off of that.

@haploid:

well it seems that you're basing your judgement on the first sentence alone but conveniently disregarding that i do assert that reasonably you do need it to a certain extent. its to say that beside the reasonable assumption that you have to have some cash is how you afford is up to your interest and priorities. you'll find a way. what i as well said along that is that you could also have the money but not have the level of interest required for you to 'find a way'. there are cashed up kids all around, is there the expectation that they consume the same things i do? no. i find it bizarre how you could not understand or maybe you just made it so that you didn't.

look, since you and a few else seem to want to suggest that i am happily receiving cash from the folks i'll let up...

flatly, the answer is no. do you think i'd have the audacity and utter lack of shame to do such a thing. my dad works alone and both of them are trying to provide a family of three kids with the best they can, i don't think they've got the resources to entertain such a thing. mate i'm as working class as can be so get off the assumption that it's daddy money. i'm a student same as you, i'm at a university, i have my social needs though not much.

so where do i get my money? i get it from playing on the reserve side of a professional football club here who i'll tell you are fucking cheap with their players. before i came home from military service a year ago i earned through that and a bit more through playing pro for a year. oh so you want to know how much that is right? right now, i get $450 a fucking month. and a year ago, through the service and playing pro, was sub $1500 a month. according to a search for 'australia's minimum wage' that's $640 a week. do your math for a month i think that qualifies as being under the minimum wage. it's not to say that i am dissatisfied with the amount i'm earning because i'm grateful for it and am still able to get out and do what i hope to.

if you think i'm even spending a grand - which i only used as an exaggerated point to exercise my belief that you shouldn't coddle your clothes by letting them sit in the closet because of its high price and for fear of ruining them - then get your head out of your ass. let me break it down for you; adding up all i have in my closet amounts to $2360 and counting the mean of that amounts to $107 per item. 

so is that then, transparent enough for you.

@sschaden:

if the internet allows me to be dynamic then why not take advantage of it, im not altering my responses to the point of contradiction. i felt an answer wasn't needed since whats the point of knowing how much it was unless you were hoping to base an answer off of that.

umm i wouldn't describe or compare editing posts to being dynamic lol, but whatever.

i agree, yr initial posts reached no point of contradiction, but i believe that had you the sufu superpower of actually erasing yr posts, then u would have done so.  yr edits were done with that intent.  that's okay.  it's the poorman's erase.  

i just found it odd that the responses my asking how much the pants were went from:

1st b4 edit. "70 bucks"

then

2nd b4"70 bucks. lang"

then finally to

"*edit: no point of an answer"    wtf haha.  it's like u wanted me 2 tell me it was $70, then u wanted 2 tell me it was by helmut lang.  then u wanted it 2 b a secret.  make up yr mind u dingleberry

'whats the point of knowing how much it was unless you were hoping to base an answer off of that."

did u get hit in yr dome with the football 2 much?  i was just wanted 2 know how much was  the pants.  

before i cut off: sure yeah i made those edits, im not infallible. in the end, i did make up my mind that who cares about the price and whoever made it.

of course ur not infallible (no one would ever think so)!  however yr edits weren't based on a desire to correct mistakes, but 1 to obscure/erase.

most people on sufu or into jawns cae about price/labels/designers.

urban techwear crowd might find this great: 

http://www.goremedical.com/vgpedshunt/

goretex shunt for pediatric heart surg . i think ordo's kid has one of these? just came across it while reading about other stuff.