how would you say the maharishi m51 fits? some sites say size up one size others say tts......

It's definitely size up. Usually I'm M size of Maha stuff, but for this M51 I had to move to L.

(176 cm. tall, 73 kilos weight, p2p 98 cm., waist 87cm.)

Edited by unmen

these would probably do the trick, but the boot cut really kills the look, thats what I don't like about my current ones either. same problem with most ski/snowboard pants, they are intended to fit over the boots but I don't need that..

Rohan's Dry Requisite Trousers (chinos) or Dry Pioneer Trousers (combat/cargo pockets) have a straighter fit that looks reasonable. You might need to wear a baselayer with those though.

Most techwear/outsdoor designers make their waterproof pants baggy... I guess for breathability reasons? e.g. the Snow Peak rain & wind resistant pants have a decent taper while their 3L eVent waterproof pants are basically a sack.

At the other extreme from ski/snowboard pants you have motorcycle pants intended to fit inside boots. They have  great functionality (denim with schoeller membrane, leather gore-tex. etc) but always go overboard with their designs and all those trims  :unsure:
Edited by SuE

Thinking of attempting a minimalist 10-14 (totally arbitrary number) item wardrobe again with mostly Outlier, Veilance and Patagonia. Gotta get on that billionaire same outfit everyday thing. 

Anyone have something similar? Reason for Outlier is mostly it's hybrid use as well as just me almost wanting to be kind of intentionally boring as to keep everything simple. Veilance because idk shit is cool, and Patagonia because I support them and will probably need more tech stuff.

Edited by Ecotrons

Might get a negative response for this, but whatever, I keep a few Airism and Heat shirts from Uniqlo in my wardrobe for daily wear. Easy to clean and dry with little maintenance needed. No ironing, no need for tossing in the dryer, just ring the water out, wick it around and let it air dry. 

Anyone with experience with this brand? http://www.guerrilla-group.co

Had bad experience with their pre order, lack of communication/excuses, lied about shipping my order and then shipped it 2 weeks later without providing a tracking number. I wanted to try their stuff and I waited a month after the delivery date I was quoted. Ended up cancelling my order. some of the clothes look neat though

Anyone with experience with this brand? http://www.guerrilla-group.co

Owner/founder used to frequent these forums heavily, if that counts for anything (beef thang if you want to look him up).  He always had nice and influential fits.  That said, steezin out and running a business are two very different things.

Anyone know of a nice insulation layer, preferably full-zip, that uses Polartec Alpha?  Or maybe even a vest?  Dark, neutral color (black, navy, grey), and won't break the bank (< $200 too much to ask for?).  Doesn't really need a super nice/well-treated face to deal with elements, as main use will be as insulation under a GTX shell.

Anyone know of a nice insulation layer, preferably full-zip, that uses Polartec Alpha?  Or maybe even a vest?  Dark, neutral color (black, navy, grey), and won't break the bank (< $200 too much to ask for?).  Doesn't really need a super nice/well-treated face to deal with elements, as main use will be as insulation under a GTX shell.

Reigning Champ has some Alpha insulated pieces this season that might interest you. Prices are in CAD and the exchange rate to US is very favourable right now.

Haven't handled the pieces, but RC is consistently high quality.

Edited by larssss

Reigning Champ has some Alpha insulated pieces this season that might interest you. Prices are in CAD and the exchange rate to US is very favourable right now.

Haven't handled the pieces, but RC is consistently high quality.

Thanks.  I didn't know RC started using Alpha--that's pretty cool.  But the price is a bit more than I want to spend ATM.

Any other new brands for womenswear?

The Single Most Important Innovation That Women's Clothing Need

That's so true.  My wife loves anything with usable pockets.  It's interesting because I don't like stuff in my pockets too much, so I usually put my wallet and phone in my bag.  My wife is going for pocket carry, I'm going for purse carry.  What has techwear come to?

Kind of intrigued by the Isaora IR Voyager down jacket! Looks good. But i'm turned of the all the comments regardind the sub par quality of Isaora. I really want a down jacket like that. Any other sugestions around the same price? Max $500-600

I thought long and hard about getting this and decided against it. Figured someone here would want to snag it. http://archive.unionmadegoods.com/product/barbour-barbour-white-mountaineering-casual-poncho-in-navy/ $199 from $600, size MED only. Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but whatever.