Fair enough, washing more often is the trade-off. I'd be using it hiking/climbing and after swimming at the beach so I'd rather not have a cotton hat that holds the moisture.

Thanks for the suggestions, but the logos and style don't do it for me. I forgot about linen - it's almost a natural summer tech fabric in the way that merino is for fall and winter. 

As it is, I have a lightweight Fjallraven bucket hat in a cotton/poly blend, but am more specifically on the lookout for a running cap of sorts - something simple I can fold up and stuff in my backpack when not in use and isn't too hot when I'm wearing it and active.

Fair enough, washing more often is the trade-off. I'd be using it hiking/climbing and after swimming at the beach so I'd rather not have a cotton hat that holds the moisture.

Thanks for the suggestions, but the logos and style don't do it for me. I forgot about linen - it's almost a natural summer tech fabric in the way that merino is for fall and winter. 

As it is, I have a lightweight Fjallraven bucket hat in a cotton/poly blend, but am more specifically on the lookout for a running cap of sorts - something simple I can fold up and stuff in my backpack when not in use and isn't too hot when I'm wearing it and active.

Have you checked out the Rapha Cap or Rapha Lightweight Cap?

HEwpmTpm.jpg

nanamica linen caps

0YK02kSm.jpg
TrLFw6dm.jpg

TNF Purple Label coolmax bell cap

1bpA5Urm.jpg

Not specifically, although their gear is nice. I used to wear cycling caps years ago when I was a courier and have since shied away from cycling-specific clothing. I suppose what I'm looking for is something similar but with a longer brim.

A longer, stiffer, brim is harder to fold up and stow away though... you're trying to eat your function cake and have your fashion cake too?

Edited by SuE

Anyone have any recommendations for sunglasses for cycling (and also the street)?

I'd get two different pairs of sunglasses at that point, but Salice is good for Euro pro vibes.

If you're feeling particularly retro you could get some Oakley Razor Blades, but my problem with wearing Oakley off the bike is that you look like you're ready to chug some Monster Energy.

nanamica linen caps

0YK02kSm.jpg

TrLFw6dm.jpg

TNF Purple Label coolmax bell cap

1bpA5Urm.jpg

A longer, stiffer, brim is harder to fold up and stow away though... you're trying to eat your function cake and have your fashion cake too?

Cycling caps have functionally short brims to necessitate travelling at fast speeds on wheels and in wind. I don't hammer that often - I would prefer to trade a slower pace on the bike for something that shades my face to greater effect when I'm off of it; I like to walk as much as I do ride (and for similar reasons, packing slightly more hat to accommodate a better shaded face is worthwhile to me). On the contrary, I would suggest using a cycling cap for everyday use is more (subjectively) fashionable than it is functional unless you spend all day riding around with haste. 

Thanks for more options - I am now sufficiently intrigued by these fabrics appearing in hats, but I remain looking for something designed explicitly as techwear rather than replicating traditional styles in new materials. I would settle for a 5 panel. 

Edited by Loos Threads

I have the goretex TNF PL 5 panel. Stopped wearing it after a few months in the summer since the black faded like shit and now it just looks dirty.

And re: nylon hats, I have one now. Specifically this

http://shop.beliefnyc.com/collections/all/products/parachute-5-panel-charcoal

I like it but it makes my head humid as shit. Doesn't breath at all and unlike 'normal' caps it doesn't really absorb anything so it just condensates inside. 

Edited by pompadork

Hello. Been lurking but didn't find an answer, so if one of you could help it would be much appreciated. I'm 5'6 around 130. How should I size on this arc'teryx piece? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LTVC4W6?vs=1 I prefer a fitted look if that helps at all. Have a good day (:

Small. I'm 5'8", 155lbs and I'm between a small and a medium.

Dsptch.

Those gym bags look great! Do you own one? If so what is the hand-on quality like?

I have the Nike NSW Eugene duffle. Picked it up cheap on the bay. Works great and has a waterproof construction.  I think there were a few floating out there last time I checked.

That duffle looks pretty clean, i like that, especially at the eBa going-rates. Thanks!