^ Hey meng, you might want to calm down, take a couple breaths.

You're worried about: 1. ACR vs. itself, 2. production quality, 3. ACR and ACG sounding too similar, 4. how this will benefit Erolson in terms of exposure, 5. the direction of the new ACG moniker, 6. Nike's marketing direction, 7. Nike copying Veilance, 8. ACG heritage being fucked up.

Wouldn't it be easier to just wait? 

Looks like sneakerboy already sold out most sizes of the Blk/wht qasa preorder

anywhere else doing preorders/putting preorders up soon?  

e: apparently not even a preorder, they are actually shipping

Edited by Nebulae

looks like dwred blackout flyknit chukka sfb acg

Ha- When this was announced, my first thought was 'I'm totally going to end up with the most expensive collection of SFB chukkas...' :/ Total arms race this year with all the Flyknit versions and the trainer re-release.

B4mnXGJIIAAWA8V.jpg

looks like dwred blackout flyknit chukka sfb acg

I'm not sure those are nicer than the recent NikeLab flyknit SFBs, particularly with the gigantic ACG print on them. Hope there's more to the collab than just that!

Terrible. Current and past few seasons of acronym products were stripped of branding yet Errolson decided to plaster a huge ACG logo on these. Won't be surprised if the shells receive the same supreme-esque branding treatment with logos slapped everywhere. 

It's too bad that they slap their logo on there One of the prime rules of Urban Techwear or Techninj, as we affectionately call it, is "thou shalt not slap your giant logo on clothes!" Stealth is the word.

POLYANT 3A-5TS

tumblr_m6796p2PjH1qcfzjg.jpg

from my point of view the acg logo on the inside is something that is matching ersn's outputs:

3A-5TS: using giant logo on place where is not expected but visible. 

S0122 (shadow project step-ins): branding on the inside of the sole.

SHADOWPROJECT T-SHIRTS: minimal branding on front side, overkill on the back.

also I think that what makes acronym gmbh successful is the way they can merge their esthetics and the brand's that hired them. HERNO with no logo outside at all, ACR with army style patches, blackout SI compass. so replacing a ginat swoosh with typography is that kind of twist I wouldn't mind considering the heritage of sportsbrand.

but there is one thing that makes me think this is a sample (neg rep for theory go go):

-I assume erlsn design stuff that he would actually wear

-as I remember it correctly he usually models ACR in light soled shoes (SFB's are the only ones I remember being worn that has dark sole). I noticed because I have the very same "fetish" for light soles - I cannot wear anything else, I just feel wierd

-and I find this colorway not really matching choices he make

Edited by danii

Where's the proof erlsn had anything to do with those?

exactly (re: flyknit sfb chukka)

also i think no ACG logos whatsoever would be running contrary to ACG's heritage. i'm hoping to see a fairly generous peppering of the OG triangle logo as that is part of the whole brand/identity.

despite saying that I think slapping a giant logo on the instep of said shoe then DWR-ing it feels kind of... lazy. it looks okay and all that but it doesn't really seem so faithful to older output and turns into a more "revisionist" take on something that sells like hotcakes right now.

Thats acg logo is even worse than Supreme Flyknit...

How is it? It's on the inside, not on both sides, no one's going to see it.

It also makes more sense than the supreme one. ACG has never been known for being subtle either. 

I'm not sure what others were expecting but I want function. So in this regard flyknit probably isn't the most weather proof material.

EDIT: Also, it's not ACG+Errolson. It's ACG+Acronym.

Edited by TIMDOT