So these arrived.

wir4zt.jpg

No good background shot, I'm going to have to take these back. I'm an 8.5 in Nike and apparently a 7.5 in these. They're really really comfortable but I'm kind of convinced they have the longest laces I've ever seen in a shoe.

I personally do not like them but initially thought I would share them here as they did indeed appear to be a much more affordable 'Qasa-Lite' as it were. 

I love the Qasa but not so much the vanilla Adidas tubular, the Consortium iteration appears nicer ( no tongue tag  )but they are still no Qasa in my humblest of opinions.

Damned good value though but it is all matter of taste and do not let mine influence yours in any way as I would buy in a heartbeat if I did like them !

I live in a place where it rains heavily every day and I'm always walking through sand. Not buying Qasas for everyday wear. I'm a tiny bit on the fence about the aesthetic but I can't argue with the price and usually I wear running shoes that look 100% like shit so this works out.

Also they're really really comfortable.

For those interested in the new Qasas, just heard that the first part of the Y-3 SS15 drop will arrive in Y-3 stores on Monday 15th Dec. They wouldn't confirm which ones would be in that drop but they gave me a cheeky nod when i mentioned the classic black/white Qasa highs.

If anybody wants the Veilance jacket I have on Grailed, I'm about to cave and sell it to someone for $240. I'd still rather sell it to someone with feedback from here, so if anyone wants to match that price I'd go with that.

I got the WM BLK no stitch mountain parka a few months ago and have only worn it a handful of times. Water stops beading off of it after 2-3 minutes in moderate rainfall... Is this normal? Shouldn't the factory DWR be more effective than that? I don't have much experience with techwear and quality shells so I'm not really sure.  

I got the WM BLK no stitch mountain parka a few months ago and have only worn it a handful of times. Water stops beading off of it after 2-3 minutes in moderate rainfall... Is this normal? Shouldn't the factory DWR be more effective than that? I don't have much experience with techwear and quality shells so I'm not really sure.  

got the raptor jacket (pro shell), and I have no issues with it whatsoever, so I'm guessing it's not normal

got the raptor jacket (pro shell), and I have no issues with it whatsoever, so I'm guessing it's not normal

So there has been a big change in the apparel industry regarding DWR.

The old standard was C8 DWR which performed better for repelling water but was possibly toxic.

The new standard is C6 DWR which is actually more expensive, performs worse but is not toxic.

So more than likely it has C6 DWR on it which only repels water for a bit. You shouldn't be too worried though if you have a membrane on the fabric. That is going to be what really stops water from getting in.

So there has been a big change in the apparel industry regarding DWR.

The old standard was C8 DWR which performed better for repelling water but was possibly toxic.

The new standard is C6 DWR which is actually more expensive, performs worse but is not toxic.

So more than likely it has C6 DWR on it which only repels water for a bit. You shouldn't be too worried though if you have a membrane on the fabric. That is going to be what really stops water from getting in.

Sorry I should've mentioned that the repellancy only stops in some areas after 2-3 minutes. The rest of my jacket has no issues for what I can tell (my walks to school don't take too long). It's this unevenness which concerns me... I've never paid this much for a shell and this performance is making me think I should've just gone with Arc'teryx.