The main guy behind this is a design researcher named Jan Chipchase (

http://janchipchase.com/) whose work is to build rapport with the people he's trying to understand and design for. If he were to appear as a US agent or spy would be detrimental to both his project and the people helping him.

Please explain then why he would carry around a bag that looks like he is a US agent or a spy..

Because that bag screams special forces..

It's not just a design improvement, but the ability to take away what is unnecessary. They make it clear that the bag isn't for around the town carry and that it's not for everybody - http://sdrtraveller.com/pages/ownership-wear-care

This is a really, really nice design but god damn why do lifestyle startups like this always insist on having the most insufferably pretentious drivel for copy? 

This is a really, really nice design but god damn why do lifestyle startups like this always insist on having the most insufferably pretentious drivel for copy? 

Because they are 'lifestyle startups'?

I love black cuben as a material, and the design is suitably minimal, but the Petzl aluminum biners ruin it for me (and they've rigged it up attached to a car roof without the gate closed? wtf). They should have spec'd black Tac-Links. 

Yeah, no stretch on the Voronois but the gusset and articulation in the fit for the leg make for great movement. Good for biking. Fabric has a really nice feel. Really well conceived and executed design through and through.

If you're near a Gravity Pope, would you not also be near an Arc'teryx store? Unfortunately, I've never seen Veilance pants at the former.

If you're near a Gravity Pope, would you not also be near an Arc'teryx store? Unfortunately, I've never seen Veilance pants at the former.

I live west of the city, and I'm only in once a week, much less in that neighbourhood. So trying on stuff that gets sold out quickly can be a pain

Got a pair of acronym p14-ch pants. Observations:

- these things are essentially sweatpants made out of tech-denim, with chino pockets.

- construction is bombproof to the point of being overdone. reinforced cuffs, double layer waistband, triple bartacking at all stress points.

- schoeller shape 3x dry is awesome stuff. looks pretty much exactly like denim, but water repellent and slightly stretchy. has a very nice natural drape. outlier needs to get on this stuff asap. don't expect it to dry very quickly though.

- patterning is interesting. the only articulation is a giant fuckoff crotch gusset. top block is very loose, with a high waist that feels almost dropcrotch-y. tapers down to a 6.5" cuff that's just the right size to my taste.

- speaking of the cuff, it's not folded over like a regular cuff but stitched down right at the fold into a piece of webbing. takes some getting used to, as the cuff falls more rigidly on shoes than a normal cuff, and looks a little like you folded it in yourself. 

- inseam is something like 31", waist true at 30". inseam is just about right for my 6' frame, but if you're even an inch taller it's gonna be too short. 

- novelty pockets are nice but honestly with a top block this loose i doubt it actually matters how the pockets are designed

The best part of these is definitely the fabric. First performance fabric i've seen that actually looks like a normal pant fabric. schoeller are gods.

fit pic:

15495447060_7fcd535c9c.jpg

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Got a pair of acronym p14-ch pants. Observations:

The best part of these is definitely the fabric. First performance fabric i've seen that actually looks like a normal pant fabric. schoeller are gods.

yes, incredible fabric i have a pair of p14-ch too, and p9-ch from ss12 in a close fabric but more durable, and people think it's "special" denim...unfortunately i guess i'd need to upgrade from small to medium today :(

the industrial micro twill from p16-ch is awesome too (but i'd love a p16 version in grey melange, maybe for ss15..)