La-Tache-_option2.jpg?v=1412129671

Jiberish (a brand skiiers and snowboarders on here might be familiar with) is making a foray into techwear. I think this is the best piece from their new line. http://www.jiberish.com/collections/jiberish-grand-cru/products/the-la-tache

The La Tache (la tahsh) is a 3 in 1 system jacket consisting ofJapanese 3L 20k exterior shell and removable buttoned-in liner (the Corton) that also functions as an independent jacket.  It was designed to be a clean, minimalist jacket with no zippers visible on the exterior.  The shell has a yarn dyed natural look and is 20k mm waterproof.  It is entirely tape seam sealed. 

3L TRENCH JACKET "La Tache"
*20k mm taped seam sealed 3L Shell 
*Japanese heathered exterior fabric 
*Double sided quilted button-in interior liner
*Japanese high density ripstop gridded nylon interior
*YKK waterproof zippers
*Ribbed knit cuffing (liner)
*Tailored slim profile

Edited by artfullydodged

Thought I'd post a report on some pants I just received, the Proof NY Surface. They're extremely similar to Outlier's 60/30 chinos so a comparison is in order.

Both are priced similarly, although Proof regularly puts out coupons. Currently there's a 20% off (FB20), and there's always 15% off (JOIN15) for new customers. I've seen up to 30% off. Quality-wise the Surface pants seem similar, if not slightly more finished than the 60/30s.

I was really looking forward to the olive color in the Surface pants, but it's much more brown than I expected. Looking back at the product photos they seem pretty true-to-life, so perhaps I was just misled by the "olive" name. I was looking for more of a gray/green tint.

The feel and stretch of the two pants is very, very similar. The Surface is a bit roomier. This is what I get for measurements, keeping in mind that my 60/30s have been washed a couple of times. Both are tagged 32.

Surface   60/30
waist   17"      16.25"
f. rise 11"       10"
thigh  11.75"    11.75"
leg     7.75"     7.5"

While the Surface does feel roomier in the waist, I was surprised that they measured so much larger than the 60/30s, which are by no means too tight. Obviously there is some stretch in the waistband which allows for a bit of breathing room. I was surprised at the difference in rise, because the 60/30s don't feel as ball-poppingly snug as the measurement would indicate.

My biggest complaint about the Surface is the pocket flare, which is along the lines of what I get with Outlier New OGs. That combined with my disappointment in the olive color (just not my thing) will have me sending them back.

Edited by jimanchower

Okay y'all, so, couple of things! First, a plug for my moonpants. Bought them love how they look, tried them on, can't fit them with the rest of my wardrobe. I'm super sad about it but they've got to go. I've posted in the Urban Techwear sales thread and as I said there hit me up here if you want a (quite a bit) cheaper final price. Got my eye on something new and I'd love to see these move.

5bwvsx.jpg

Now, so I'm not just spamming this thread, a while back I posted about Isaora gift codes and a whole bunch of people reached out to me right about when I stopped bothering with computers for a while, so, rather than respond to each of you with a code which you may or may not use, I'm going to post them here. When these are all used up, PM me or post here and I'll post the next batch, and it'd be super sporting if you could say if you've already used one so someone else doesn't type it all up.

Some of these I already offered to other posters but they never told me if they used them so I'm assuming not. If you're an awesome person I like a lot then I've got one saved in the offchance you need to make an imediate purchase. These are good for 30% off anything.

2q19vdt.jpg

Just a heads up to the thread, tried all three codes...they're all tapped out.  

More women's tech, this time shoes or rather trainers or sneakers for those of you across the pond

Stalla McCartney for Adidas Pure Boost.

If only they had them in mansize - I'd wear 'em.

M17326_01_standard.jpg

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

Used the last code. 

Exactly what I was looking for... picked these up for my upcoming trip:

NylonPocketPant_Black_27b06c3e-6563-485a

Thanks Igneousity! So glad I had pm's through email. 

Have had these in my Shopping Cart for a few weeks... Can anyone report on the shade of these? I really can't tell how gray vs black they'll be. Also, any feedback on fit would be cool. lmk :)

Apparently y'all ripped through these codes. I'm hoping it was you guys and not just random people sharing them around while browsing SF, but c'est la vie.

bgclxw.png

I've got four left; one for me, one for TekSevenZero if he didn't use his first one, and two for someone who is really totally about to buy something when those ones I just posted here are used up. If you use it, please say so! If you get something, give the thread some feedback on how you like it.

Have had these in my Shopping Cart for a few weeks... Can anyone report on the shade of these? I really can't tell how gray vs black they'll be. Also, any feedback on fit would be cool. lmk :)

I wouldn't say it's black. It's in between black and dark charcoal grey. To those who are interested in these and are around a size 32, I would size down to a small if you prefer the slimmer fits. 

Apparently y'all ripped through these codes. I'm hoping it was you guys and not just random people sharing them around while browsing SF, but c'est la vie.

bgclxw.png

I've got four left; one for me, one for TekSevenZero if he didn't use his first one, and two for someone who is really totally about to buy something when those ones I just posted here are used up. If you use it, please say so! If you get something, give the thread some feedback on how you like it.

All tapped out....

Can anyone suggest a good looking hiking boot/shoe that'd be good for hot weather? Bonus points if the soles can handle a few seconds at 800-1200 centigrade.

Also like a thousand of you have PMed me asking for a code, I'm going to send the ones I have left to people based on who is most active on the forums, since I'd like to see some feedback on Isaora's stuff as opposed to ebalbe drive-by bargain hunters.

Can anyone suggest a good looking hiking boot/shoe that'd be good for hot weather? Bonus points if the soles can handle a few seconds at 800-1200 centigrade.

Also like a thousand of you have PMed me asking for a code, I'm going to send the ones I have left to people based on who is most active on the forums, since I'd like to see some feedback on Isaora's stuff as opposed to ebalbe drive-by bargain hunters.

the nike Arktos without the neoprene inner sock are super thin and can be worn in summer, no idea about the resistance of the sole.

If you are into barefoot/minimal soles  vivobarefoot has some great hiking/traill running stuff. Some of them are made in summer versions with thin uppers, I use a pair of the trail running shoes whenever I go hiking.

Edited by deadsunrise

I can vouch for my Helcor Timberlands on regular heat 90 c*.But not to 400c* as I think you ask for. They do a regular heat/scratch/waterproof yellow boot and a hiker. I got them with a kevlar nose but there is a regular as well. I am on my feet for 5 hours a day walking ship docks and airports and they hold up for a year..

You probably want real industrial workboots for handling temperature that insane.  Are you playing with lava? I don't know of many urban techwear materials that can withstand that.

V curious to see how isaora's stuff is in terms of quality these days. Based on my previous experiences with them, I'd not give them another cent

ISAORA.GHOSTLY.INSULATED.SHIRT.1_grande_

I have the Ghostly International version of Isaora's insulated shirt. I've been wearing it a lot lately since its been cold and raining off and on in Boston and it's performed admirably. The construction is good, fit is great (though I had to size down to a S from a M), and it's much more water resistant than I expected. In a light rain the shirt is enough to keep me dry. The primaloft performs well, I can transition from outdoors to indoors without discomfort in either environment. This particular version has a quilted pattern that looks dope and does a nice job of keeping that insulation in place.

All the seams and stitching have held up well. I can't find any mistakes in the construction. The only quality issue i've taken note of is that the buttons are loosening, but it's not as if theyre falling off theyve just been used a lot. The MSRP was $265. I'd expect some more features and maybe some more reinforcement for that kind of money, but I got it for $160 which I think is a fair price for it.

There is a forgotten stash of them on Ghostly International's webstore for anyone who is curious, http://www.theghostlystore.com/collections/clothing/products/isaora-ghostly-quadcube-insulated-shirt. Kind of funny that they have a $250+ jacket alongside nothing but t-shirts, no wonder they still have a bunch of them.

Edited by artfullydodged

You probably want real industrial workboots for handling temperature that insane. Are you playing with lava? I don't know of many urban techwear materials that can withstand that.

What the hell is the point of techwear if I can't do

1237_e41ec7d739-240644918.jpg

1237_408d14b363-240644918-1.jpg

Anyone have any experience with Houdini

I'm having a hard time deciding on a winter shell. Looking for black, hooded, taped seams, waterproofwindproofbreathable, slim-ish fit, and not a completely flat boring front. 

Pretty close to pulling the trigger on Arcteryx Beta AR, but the fit around the shoulders and length of the sleeves wasn't great.

Beta-AR-Jacket-Black.png