Wrongweather have got the all black Qasa for sale on their site now! I got the email through from Y-3 saying i can pick my pre-order pair up from the store on the 22nd. I was told they've arrived in store but they're not allowed to sell them until the 22nd, so not sure how Wrong Weather are selling them.

Better snap them up quick though!

http://www.wrongweather.net/shop/product/qasa-high-black-sneakers

copped! will post pics when they get here, thanks Dolphinski

Do it. They can be easily had at half retail and it's really your best bang for the buck. Avoid this past season's, though; it's ugly has fuck. 

But I like mine  :unsure:

For real though, it's a great hardshell. I'm a S/M in AV and went with the S in the field jacket and can still easily layer with it.

So I was fortunate enough to be at Outdoor Retailer last week in Salt Lake City and I was able to get my hands on the dead bird footwear.

First impressions were very underwhelming. They look just as clean and well made in person as they do in the photos, however in person they just lack that aesthetic "wow factor."

They are incredibly well made shoes as one would expect from Arc'teryx, however there is nothing that sets them apart from any other technical GORE shoes out there on the market.

I did get to walk through Black Diamond's booth as well and I must say there is some pretty impressive stuff coming out from them in FW14. They had a pretty nice Schoeller long sleeve shirt and pants that they were showing, and quite a few nice soft-shell jackets and insulated pieces. I know it's not specifically urban tech wear but the color palette was pretty refined and the Black Diamond logo is definitely one of the nicest out there.

Keep an eye out for Adidas FW14, they had some pretty interesting insulation pieces in non-offensive solids.

Can anyone comment on the acronym p10-e pant? I am really considering pulling the trigger on these.

The P10 is an amazing pant, great articulation and perfect taper on the bottom of the leg. I've only had my P10-E a few months and haven't washed them yet so can't comment on the patina post washing, but some people on here aren't that fond of how they fade (esp the black it seems). They're quite warm in Epic cotton as well, expect sweaty legs if it's really hot where you are.

I did get to walk through Black Diamond's booth as well and I must say there is some pretty impressive stuff coming out from them in FW14. They had a pretty nice Schoeller long sleeve shirt and pants that they were showing, and quite a few nice soft-shell jackets and insulated pieces. I know it's not specifically urban tech wear but the color palette was pretty refined and the Black Diamond logo is definitely one of the nicest out there.

Black Diamond really has been stepping up their game. 

Also, mainline dead bird winter collection is up on the website. Looking pretty meh. Especially their 24/commute stuff is getting a little awkward. 

Black Diamond really has been stepping up their game. 

Also, mainline dead bird winter collection is up on the website. Looking pretty meh. Especially their 24/commute stuff is getting a little awkward. 

I picked up one of their Ephus hoodys. It's a midweight hard fleece (micro ripstop outer with fleece backer). Nice stretch, fully taped and with a composite hood. 

Fit is impeccable and it has  a 180 degree lift sleeve.

It looks like it was a Veilance style that the main line adopted. I highly recommend it.

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?language=EN&model=Ephus-Hoody&country=US&&utm_source=googlepla&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=GooglePLA_Mid%2BLayer%2Band%2BFleece%3EHardfleece%3EBackcountry%2BSkiing%3E&CMPID=PSARC_GGPLA_US_Mid%2BLayer%2Band%2BFleece%3EHardfleece%3EBackcountry%2BSkiing%3E&gclid=CKOt_aXzjcACFQ8daQod-1cAew 

The P10 is an amazing pant, great articulation and perfect taper on the bottom of the leg. I've only had my P10-E a few months and haven't washed them yet so can't comment on the patina post washing, but some people on here aren't that fond of how they fade (esp the black it seems). They're quite warm in Epic cotton as well, expect sweaty legs if it's really hot where you are.

Epic actually isn't that bad compared to Etaproof in my experience.

Really? I thought it was other way round, and Epic developed more of a patina than Etaproof, especially in the blacks. Have I got it the wrong way round?

I believe he was referring to the sweaty legs. I don't even think etaproof is that bad certain days in the summer. Epic should be fine IMO.

Really? I thought it was other way round, and Epic developed more of a patina than Etaproof, especially in the blacks. Have I got it the wrong way round?

etaproof isn't that bad. wore both my p10-s and sp9-e in hawaii when it was super humid with no issues. granted, one was a pair of pants and the other a pair of shorts, so the comparison is a bit skewed. but neither made me hate either fabric in that weather... and i sweat bricks.

I believe he was referring to the sweaty legs. I don't even think etaproof is that bad certain days in the summer. Epic should be fine IMO.

Yup. Epic fades, and wears quite rapidly (my green P9-Es have multiple holes and fraying going on now), but it's a more comfortable fabric in the humid depths of a DC summer.

Hoping this hasn't been discussed here before. What is the quality and material of Cote&Ciel bags like? I've been looking at the Isar and Nile packs for a while now, but I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger because it seems to be more design over function/utility.

Hoping this hasn't been discussed here before. What is the quality and material of Cote&Ciel bags like? I've been looking at the Isar and Nile packs for a while now, but I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger because it seems to be more design over function/utility.

I have a meuse and I love it. Insanely comfortable straps. Great capacity. Quality trims and a laptop compartment that fits a 15" MBP. I take it on trips when I need more room than my ACR bags can offer as a carry on.

looking for a backpack. any recommendations? are DSPTCH or ignoble any good? rucksack/daypack equivalents. water-resistant.

oh i don't know there's a backpack thread for that

30% off S/S @ Isaora :)

Finally picked up the Wet Worker shell in bone :D

While I'm here, does anybody have any ideas for longer length tanktops made of more tech materials/vented/merino/etc? Looking for these mainly for layering, I have some nice long RO tanks but they're all cotton, I'd love something similar in a nice material that will dry out quicker and smell better for longer for more active days.

Edited by jbob24