On the shoes it depends on wheter you gonna be outside and walk a lot or not, if you are then waterproff is a no-go. As a matter of fact i´d go to the other extreme and use all terrain sandals like the ecco sandals -or something similar.

http://www.charlesclinkard.co.uk/images/products/zoom/1389174008-97770600.jpg

http://www.getashoe.co.uk/full/5148_1.jpg

As for the rest i gotta agree with SuE, as much as i hate them, umbrellas seem to be the only answer in hot & rainy weather (Incidentally, i´ve been using a neoshell jacket for the past weeks and it certainly seems to "breathe" better than gore or event but its still a far cry from a real, properly breathable waterproof).

My final advice is copy the fabrics & uses the locals go with - dont think any tech can beat that, not yet.

<_<  high humidity+heat is the final frontier imo. There are precious few urban techwear garments that might work in that weather

So little hope.  Just pray for natural looking synthetics that dry very quickly and are antimicrobial/don't smell.  After everyone talking about making their own stuff, I'm working with a friend to at least make samples of a slim/carrot summer pant with whatever quick drying tech fabric we can source, front slash knee vents lined with stretch mesh, and back of knee exposed mesh vents.  If anyone thinks that sounds interesting, let us know.  Not looking to do a legit run, just something for us that's wearable during the summer.

Also in the hot weather vein, does anyone have experience with Gore approved Gore-Tex hot weather boots?  Or any other nylon paneled boot?  I trust Gore but just can't believe they won't be hot and sweaty.  I survived last summer with old canvas/leather jungle boots and they actually worked incredibly well.  Hard to find a decent breathable/air permeable boot.  Latest I've seen is the hobo x Diemme Utility Boot for around $400 (http://thathobo.com/hb-f1901/).  Leather and nylon, lined with Sympatex (which someone mentioned earlier):

12375776144_2a4e192d67.jpg

Edited by Dressed Down

Great pants indeed. I bought 2 pairs since they were going for $19.99 each at the levis store a couple weeks back.

I gotta rescind what I said earlier about the cargo pockets. They do follow the same arrangement as the hip pockets. Both have snap closures and a pocket behind that pocket. Pretty damn convenient and neat.

Edited by Mixture

So I want to do a bit of a group-funded poll here.

With my ever growing collection of tech wear I've been toying around with the idea of starting a blog that does in depth reviews of the item. Hi-res photos of fit from multiple angles, garment details, and extensive garment measurements. These would go along with my personal review of the garment and I would build in a comments/feedback section for readers to weigh in.

Would everyone on here be interested in reading a blog like that? Maybe also adding in a section for home made tech wear projects etc.

If I do this I want to do it right and I feel like the feedback I can get from members on here could make it a really great blog. (Maybe could get the tech wear brands to kick over some free samples to get some feedback on them).

Also, if anyone is interested in collaborating on this project or has any suggestions shoot me a PM, right now it will be me writing content and the wifey doing the site design and framework. And it might be a good idea to have members who live around the world to provide reviews on how tech wear works out in their climate.

With my ever growing collection of tech wear I've been toying around with the idea of starting a blog that does in depth reviews of the item. Hi-res photos of fit from multiple angles, garment details, and extensive garment measurements. These would go along with my personal review of the garment and I would build in a comments/feedback section for readers to weigh in.

Would everyone on here be interested in reading a blog like that? Maybe also adding in a section for home made tech wear projects etc.

If I do this I want to do it right and I feel like the feedback I can get from members on here could make it a really great blog. (Maybe could get the tech wear brands to kick over some free samples to get some feedback on them).

Also, if anyone is interested in collaborating on this project or has any suggestions shoot me a PM, right now it will be me writing content and the wifey doing the site design and framework. And it might be a good idea to have members who live around the world to provide reviews on how tech wear works out in their climate.

Fuck yeah

Could also turn out to be a good source if people wanted to DIY some tech-stuff themselves, if as you mention you would go into detail and take photos of the construction and materials and all that ish

It's a really good feeling when you see a product you worked on getting such good feedback. I really would encourage everyone to go and try out the Under Armour  magzip if you get a chance. It's a cool piece of technology and it's just in it's infancy. It's going to be getting much more use and getting perfected over the coming years.

Thanks for posting this @Opetian.

Also, as for the tech wear review blog, if anyone has any domain name ideas please shoot them my way. I have a few floating around my head but I'm open to suggestions.

Where are you located? I was thinking of doing something similar. I still need to post up some pics of my Acronym gear with some write-ups to contribute to the very tiny resource of information available. I'm still probably the only person you can find a pic of wearing a j34-gtpl for example, excluding retail sites or from errolson himself.

Where are you located? I was thinking of doing something similar. I still need to post up some pics of my Acronym gear with some write-ups to contribute to the very tiny resource of information available. I'm still probably the only person you can find a pic of wearing a j34-gtpl for example, excluding retail sites or from errolson himself.

I've been meaning to asking you, what size did you go for and how is it holding up after some wear?

I have to disagree on the Merino Tees in Humid weather.

I went to Malaysia this summer

I sweat a lot and I found that although they didn't keep me dry, the T's dried a lot quicker then their 100 % cotton counterparts.

And stank a lot less. best ones I wore however  were 50hemp/50 cotton shirts from Jungmaven , they were coolest, dried quickly, but still stank

I've been meaning to asking you, what size did you go for and how is it holding up after some wear?

Went TTS and got a medium. Didn't even think about sizing down. I'm tall so I don't have to rethink my decision but I'm at a little curious how much different a small would be. I have an old  WTaps goretex that is shorter and more fitted for when I don't need to layer. As far as the construction and material, it's held up absolutely perfectly. It's 100/100 as far as it's non-subjective qualities go.

I sweat a lot and I found that although they didn't keep me dry, the T's dried a lot quicker then their 100 % cotton counterparts.

And stank a lot less. best ones I wore however  were 50hemp/50 cotton shirts from Jungmaven , they were coolest, dried quickly, but still stank

I wasn't suggesting 100% cotton. I consider the 100% merino tees an upgrade over the cotton shirts I wore previously (perhaps someone can comment on the fine giza cotton shirts by Acronym etc as I have no experience with those).

The best I wore last summer was Outlier's sunshirt, 50poly/50cotton in a seersucker treatment. Next summer I'm going for mainly linen/ramie/seersucker (i.e. anything with an open weave) but will also give merino another shot by trying out blends like Outlier's merino/co and veilance tees.

When it comes to drying cotton and silk are probably the slower fabrics so merino would perform a little better but still not well enough.

Gotta agree on the smell problem, i own a Grifone tshirt made of coolmax (and another italin-made fabric which i cannot remember right now) and it dries ultrafast, even coming out of the washer its almost dry already but man it stinks as hell.

I dont know exactly the reasons for this ( may be the high rate of evaporation favours the decantation of sweat´s waste material onto the fabric ) but I have yet to come across a non-smelly syntethic fabric

It's a really good feeling when you see a product you worked on getting such good feedback. I really would encourage everyone to go and try out the Under Armour  magzip if you get a chance. It's a cool piece of technology and it's just in it's infancy. It's going to be getting much more use and getting perfected over the coming years.

Thanks for posting this @Opetian.

Also, as for the tech wear review blog, if anyone has any domain name ideas please shoot them my way. I have a few floating around my head but I'm open to suggestions.

That zipper is awesome. If it proves durable and resistant it might become a standard in the industry.

As for the Urban TechWear blog mos def would read it.

I wasn't suggesting 100% cotton. I consider the 100% merino tees an upgrade over the cotton shirts I wore previously (perhaps someone can comment on the fine giza cotton shirts by Acronym etc as I have no experience with those).

The best I wore last summer was Outlier's sunshirt, 50poly/50cotton in a seersucker treatment. Next summer I'm going for mainly linen/ramie/seersucker (i.e. anything with an open weave) but will also give merino another shot by trying out blends like Outlier's merino/co and veilance tees.

Merino/Co is too heavy for hot weather use, IMO. I was too hot even in relatively mild conditions for here (mid 80's, high humidity) when I wore it.