Tokyo and/or Taipei Nightlife

Hey... I'm going on a trip to Tokyo in a month and I was wondering if anyone has good suggestions for bars and/or clubs.... I know the drinking age is 20 but I have a fake so any place suggested would be great!

Also going to Taipei... any club suggestions there too would be appreciated!

Thanks again!

i can direct you to good clubs in Tokyo but i need to know a bit more what kind of club do you want to go to. Most clubs play some variant of Techno (trance is pretty popular here) and there's also quite a few hip-hop club (most of them suck though) not to mention the crappy Top 40 places. a think that is quite peculiar to Tokyo is that many clubs have special events almost any nights so if you don't check the schedule, you might end up to an event you have no interesting in. My personal favorite include Air and Unit in Dainkanyama (Air usually have great Hip-Hop nights, saw Dj Shadow, Madlib and Peanut Butter Wolf there this year and Unit have great D & B nights), Ageha at Shin-Kiba especially in the summer cause of the outdoor area with pool, food etc (they had a dope event last friday, Plaid, Luke Vibert and LFO, i'm pretty pissed i slept on it). Clubs are usually pretty expensive (think 25-30$ cover charge as an average) so spending 100 bucks a night is what i would consider average. another advice is DON'T GO TO ROPPONGI, everything sucks there.

the pool is pretty small (compare to pools in North America), but since Tokyo must have like 6 pools or something, after a while here you get excited over not much...

seriously, unless there a special events that requires it, Ageha doesn't have have a dress code, most peoples just wear normal street/casual wear. but like i said before, most nights at Ageha a special nights (they just rent the club) so it really varies from evening to evening. i've been there on completely different evening where the vibe was really different. i've been to good hip-hop events like dj krush or Stussy party where it was definetely more of a streetwear kind of vibe, but i've also been to some music industry kind of networking\album release where peoples were older, more smartly dress.

as for peoples jumping in the pool, so far, i've only seen drunk peoples get in there, but there's always some girls dancing in their bikini tops or something. i haven't been there like when it was real summer so there might be more peoples swimming. the only thing is like i said before, the pool is pretty small so it's there more for the mood\atmosphere than to swim properly.