Acronym.

Westbrook

Bit of a strange question but has anyone thought about modding their gravity pockets? I've been thinking about replacing the stud fastener for something pressure sensitive but i can't seem to find the right part to use. What i'd like to do is press my fingers against my palm with the sleeve between the two (a bit spiderman-esque i guess) to release the pocket. Anyone got any ideas?

I was thinking about trying to replicate that  J45M-BW, or at least us it as inspiration, using something like an M51 0r M65 and then cannibalising a goretex jacket and integrating a padded parka liner ( bit like the SI:SP modular liner).

Maybe even use the DS-SL1 ? 

The cost does not have to be large and the result could be pretty good, this would give me something to do over the loooong cold winter nights up in the arctic!!

I was thinking about trying to replicate that  J45M-BW, or at least us it as inspiration, using something like an M51 0r M65 and then cannibalising a goretex jacket and integrating a padded parka liner ( bit like the SI:SP modular liner).

Maybe even use the DS-SL1 ? 

The cost does not have to be large and the result could be pretty good, this would give me something to do over the loooong cold winter nights up in the arctic!!

Already working on my own as well, friend! :)

I purchased a desert night parka (American, first Iraq war era) a while back and was already planning to thin the arms but now I may try to do both sleeves similar to how the one was done on the j45 as that would allow me some arm pockets :D The simple zipper mod up the front is a no brainer for slimming up the jacket without actually cutting/sewing. I don't have any pics as it's essentially just a baggy sleeveless jacket right now :P

EDIT: fuck, meant +rep... Sorry, I'm on my phone

Edited by jbob24

Be nice to see your finished article, meanwhile I have unleashed the hounds to savage you and your evil negrepping ways !!

I really it should be inexpensive to achieve something akin to it, - maybe not nearly as well executed but have to try hey?

you'll have to keep us updated. now back to the sewing machine!

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

fit pics of J1A-LP before i spend £800 please!

I have yet to post pics but it's definitely on the baggy side as Tao has mentioned. My friends at Firmament took 2 fit pics for me and a small fit them both perfectly even though they were both slightly different in body composition. Height was between 5'8" - 5'10ish"

My regular Acronym fit is a Medium and even though they insisted I'd be good in a small, I knew with my 3A-1 underneath, that I would just prefer a baggy fit depending on how packed my bag will get.

Has anyone else found it difficult to use interops with small sized jackets? Specifically with 3A-1 / 3A-3TS bags. I found it really challenging to close the press stud at the bottom of the interops zip with a combination of a small jacket and a 3RDARM bag. With mediums it's okay, or with other smaller messenger bags (11TS for example).

Does anyone have any experience with SET-4 / X-J13? I'm thinking of buying one.

Yes.  I had one, briefly.  That coat, as I recall, was *very* profile-fit, made from a stretchy cloth (unless I'm confusing it with an Acronym blazer I also caught-and-released), and only suitable for tall, long-armed, javelin-slim ectomorphs who eschew pasta and beer.  If you're a Kenyan marathoner who hates both collars and tubular neck-gaiters, buy.

Been looking for the J25 for a while and last week accidentally saw one pop up on Hanon's site:

ao0wp1.jpg

Super happy about it. Big pros to Hanon for the fast shipping (3 days delivered to the US) and declaration as gift, although it took 5 days for "processing" and they never reply your email:p

W36 in which denim though! Japanese W36 is more like W34. I would lean more to a Large in Acronym sizing if I were you.

I wear a 710xx with W35. 36 in LVC 501, XL in NBHD Kendal slim. I am 5'10 and usually an inseam of 34 is slightly stacked. 32 inseam is def better. Judging by everyone's input, sizing affects more in length than waist. I now think I need sz L instead of XL Edited by JoseRizal

I've been using my Laminate 3A-1 almost daily since it came out and to be honest, it still looks brand new. The laminate is very durable and anything I've accidentally spilled on it (mostly beer) has wiped away perfectly. Right now, I'm hoping the zippers hold out longer than they did on my Limonta 3A-1. Fingers crossed!

So.. A few weeks ago I asked for recommendations for an ACR pouch for fitting the new iphone6 and nobody said anything before I just made my mind up to throw an MTS-5 in my cart and order :)

I had just ordered a jacket but ACR was kind enough to combine my orders and refund my shipping on the pouch! Excellent customer service  :D

Well I got my ACR order and my iphone about a week but just now got around to taking a couple pics in case anyone else was interested::

Iphone 6 still fits all my pants pockets:

A1868B75-1FA2-4783-83FB-36F3EB01C3E3_zps

fits gravity pockets of course:

5087954b-6a2d-4db3-a133-d687b22505ef_zps

Looks like it should fit the smaller MP2TS but it really doesn't, you have to cram and stretch the pouch and I still couldn't get it in:

D80C5EA3-792F-4286-B4E4-084F9DF73369_zps

Here's the new MTS-5:

B33BD4BE-4602-4AC5-A608-49A61929C2B2_zps

The new iphone and my old one in here together, there's plenty of room once this thing has it's own case (I intend to get the Lifeproof case once it's available.  My lifestyle is very active, bordering on the extreme sometimes): 

E6E2A8E2-D578-4007-B9AA-995931A968FB_zps

If you're rolling with a new 6+ you just may be shit outta luck as far as ACR unless you can track down a MK1 or 2

Edited by jbob24

GT-J36, I don't see people mention this coat much and I'm not sure why.  It's been my favorite jacket they've made since I first saw the black on last winter, and I've lusted after the Olive since day one.  It took me a while to work up to spending this much on it but damn was worth it!

The feature set is perfect for me, I super love the slanted pocket and autolock on the chest, I'd love to see it on more jackets.  I overheat alot and having the option to just have a single point on the chest to close instead of having the whole jacket zipped up is excellent.  I've always thought that the quick hood was stupid but now that I've used one a bunch in the last week in the rain, I love it.  

Just cuz I can (ignore my dirtycloset please)... GPOY GT-J36:

4F4394C1-A7A9-4AFE-9041-891618E82ADB_zps

F24BA99E-8A04-4296-9943-1C15D73FB255_zps