ande whall contest thread

aleopold

Hey...I have been going through the last few pages and Robotbox seems to be missing in action? Where are you Robot because you were a regular poster through the year!

I'm here! Just haven't been on SuFu in a hot minute. I've been trying to get pics of my jeans, but the weather has not been cooperating. It's dark by the time I get off work, and it's been raining every weekend. If I can't get some nice outdoor shots this weekend, I will settle for indoor shots.

My jeans turned out really well for essentially only having 6-7 months of wear. I was wearing them daily until May when I switched to a job with a dress code. They've been on some cool adventures though. I've slacked hardcore on posting updates, but I finally got my hands on a film scanner so there will be some belated pics coming soon hopefully.

Everyone is looking good!

Edited by robotbox

Excellent philipong! Crazy hard working wear on those jeans. That fish is amazing, what kind of fish is it? At pretty much every NZ fish 'n Chip shop they have this poster of all the kinds of local water fish....I had F n'C's last night and was staring at the poster for ages trying to see if there was anything like that one, haha.

speciesall.jpg

Edited by andewhall

I love that fish chart Ande, they had it on the wall at my local chippy in Wellington - The Greasy Groper! Before I went to NZ I hadn't really thought about it and just expected there to be cod, haddock, plaice and skate, etc, the same as we get in the North Sea but you have some weird and wonderful fish down there!

Thanks for being patient everyone! It rained again this weekend, so I didn't get all the shots I wanted, but I got enough for judgement I think. I got some nice shots of the front side in good flat light, but it was raining, so the back of the jeans got wet while laying down.

Anyways, enough excuses. On to the pictures...

robotbox_aw_1.jpg

robotbox_aw_2.jpg

robotbox_aw_3.jpg

robotbox_aw_4.jpg

robotbox_aw_5.jpg

robotbox_aw_6.jpg

Hello lads. Cool, everyone has posted up their pictures. I have just compiled a sort of pin up board of everyones best shots as a guide to get an overall view of things. I am going to get some votes from a few denimheads, as I have gotten to know you guys over the year I think it will be a fairer way to go.

contest1yh.jpg

contest2q.jpg

Im Adding more to this thread just for the hell of it.

Detail Shots - not balanced or colour corrected, in fact they don't show the contrast too well, but do show some nice details of the denim itself.

Ukeno_DSCF5675.jpg

Ukeno_DSCF5678.jpg

Ukeno_DSCF5688.jpg

Ukeno_DSCF5692.jpg

This detail is my favourite:-

The copper rivet on the inside of the coin pocket has been rubbed to a polished shine due to my excessive use of the right pocket. You can see the difference between this and the original darker ones elsewhere on the jeans.

Ukeno_DSCF5702.jpg

The cuffs:-

Actually almost as dark as when new, and still have some roping even though they've been cuffed all year.

Ukeno_DSCF5706.jpg

Ukeno_DSCF5710.jpg

Thanks guys.

Hey guys! Woah, Christmas got away on me again, it always sneaks up and gets super busy huh, friends, family, food and booze. Good times. I will put up the contest winner very soon, had a few votes in from denim head sufuer's.

Here are my brothers little foxies having a Christmas day play fight, they are best buds. Vinnie, the black and white guy had an Elf hat, but he ditched it, haha.

vinchop.jpg

Edited by andewhall

Ok dudes. Yes a jacket is the prize! Here are the votes from my old denim pals. I had a tough time deciding, I really like them all and everyone did a great job busting them up and posting interesting life stories. I was going between these four for ages, Chris, Corp, Ukeno and Philipong. It was the crazy front combs that got me in the end.

Thank you so much guys for your support and all the people who donated to the quake fund. I really couldn't have got back up and running without all your help. It's been a crazy couple of years. The contest jeans are very special to me as that roll of denim was literally all that was left after the quake and when the first order came in I had about fifty bucks in the bank, with rent looming! So it was tight, haha. Truly thankful guys!!!

Cheep: #3 theotherchrislewis

Polyrock: #1 corpralclegg

DDML: #3 theotherchrislewis

Hemi (Wakefield Hotel): #4 Ukeno

Cottonduck: #3 theotherchrislewis

Ande: #3 theotherchrislewis

Congrats Chris! I will be in touch.

winnerawc.jpg