Osaka showdown

Flash

Took a couple of snaps of my WH 700s. All I've done is soak em quick in a bucket of warm water, then put them on and showered in them (aproximately 40 degrees warm water). After that, I wore em to about half dry, and left em to hang. After they were completely dry, they could stand by themselves; however, I didn't think to document it on camera. This was 1.1.11, sadly before this thread.

They were insanely stiff after soak and dry, but are already comfy, and the creases are already developing nicely. I'm loving the fit, and I prefer it over the typical 47 and 66 fits.

Here are a couple snaps of them, just as a teaser. Will shoot some fit pictures asap, just been busy at office.

5332703118_62f3d953d6.jpg

5332087971_94399cf658.jpg

Andy

Flash: Is it possible for you to update the first post with all the new information and such? Like participants and whatever necessary details. Also the (official) start and end date for our adventure. Perhaps some simple general guide lines as well.

Are we going to have a "winner"? Or will it be purely for the sense of documenting process?

^I'm looking forward to it as well!

I'm going to shoot a few fit pics of my 700s, as soon as my colleague is ready. I might even have time to upload them before I leave work, but I can't promise anything. However, it will very likely be uploaded early next week, if not today.

I really want to see more from the other guys!

Here are the fit pics, delivered promptly. Enjoy!

Size is W34 L34; will type down real post-soak measurements for anyone curious soon. 34" is my true waist size, and Warehouse made up for this by adding two more inches, thus it measured 36" in the waistband pre-soak.

They were 33" on the inseam post-soak, and due to the high waist, I can easily cuff them at that inseam length.

5333507248_cffa06a2ee_z.jpg

5332890495_ff3911a94f_z.jpg

5333506030_b123e5073d_z.jpg

5332890251_da6db166f5_z.jpg

here are some fit pics, for the record i downsized 1 - still kinda tight in the thighs/seat area, denim is really soft so hopefully theyll stretch out to a more comfortable fit.

put em' through a hot wash + spin cycle(didnt really do anything except add some wrinkles but they dissappeared right after my first wear). i added two pots of boiling water during the wash cycle to ensure the removal of most starch and shrinkage, soaked em' right after in warm water for 10 min then left them to hang dry.

SAM_0314.jpg?t=1294440875

SAM_0343.jpg?t=1294441514

SAM_0345.jpg?t=1294441514

I love this thread and hot damn surreal that's a proper fit on the 700's...Out of all the denim I have, the pair I would want to wear next in line would be the 700 cut (but would most likely get the 700S for variety)...Looking forward to all the updates!

^ that is a nice fit man, i'm just waiting for my fullcounts to dry then i'll post my pics

Thanks! Nice fit for you, as well.

I love this thread and hot damn surreal that's a proper fit on the 700's...Out of all the denim I have, the pair I would want to wear next in line would be the 700 cut (but would most likely get the 700S for variety)...Looking forward to all the updates!

Thanks! All I can say is a proper "wow!" I'm already seeing some fading going on, more specifically in the crotch region (which is a high stress area). Will document it when I'm able to.

Andy

no not yet , i think he said he was going to japan and would pick a pair up while he was there

i was thinking about sending my jeans away for painting but im not too sure because i like the plain pocket but at the same time a nice pair of handpainted gulls haver never looked bad in my eyes

Yep, I just got done with my finals and in a few days I will be off to Osaka. Will post pics of adventures there when possible.

Flash evisu 2000 no.1

Surrealizm WH700

Slab denime kyoto

Weinfield denime 66xx

Hazardkid FC1108

Forbidden SD101

start date 05\01\11

end date 05\01\11

End date is same as start date here.

Andy

Denime Kyoto; based on a 66 cut but tapes less; worn a couple of times, creases starting to settle but no fading yet.

wuhi_01f_u31k.jpg

wuhi_bb3_u31k.jpg

paper patch

wuhi_07b_u31k.jpg

red tab!

wuhi_96e_u31k.jpg

the denim has a really 'flat' weave; very similar to the actual 66 levis

wuhi_576_u31k.jpg