66 Diary: LVC vs. SUGAR CANES

dr.house

I own both jeans brand new and I’ll wear them in rotation exactly for, hmm, let’s say 100 times at least to see how both pairs develop within this time. Soaked together, washed together and so on.

(---)

Dr. a cracking thread. Couple of questions:

1, are you swapping day by day or week by week out of interest?

2. How do I subscribe???

cheers.

Not to side track the thread, but when I click on "display modes", "thread tools", or "search this thread", I get the same thing every time... I'm taken to the supertalk main page, where in a big black box all the forums are listed in smaller boxes.

I've been wondering how to "subscribe" for a long time.

Not to side track the thread, but when I click on "display modes", "thread tools", or "search this thread", I get the same thing every time... I'm taken to the supertalk main page, where in a big black box all the forums are listed in smaller boxes.

I've been wondering how to "subscribe" for a long time.

I have that problem with Internet Explorer but not Mozilla Firefox. Superfuture doesn't seem to work well with Internet Explorer in my experience.

Great idea for a thread Dr House.

dsci0662.jpg

Backsideview of the Canes. Should I remove the "diamond shape" of the arcs?

They're a bit overrated imo...

dsci0664.jpg

care instructions #1 (coin pocket)...

dsci0665x.jpg

...and #2. Sugar Cane doesn't recommand anything special, at least not to turn them inside out (cuz' they're work dungarees ;-)

dsci0666.jpg

Another detail of the fabric, sry for the blurry pic. This is the major difference to the LVCs-slubby and hairy denim, pretty lovely!

Removing the arcs on LVC seems to be a trend on the Levi's Vintage Clothing thread. Vinneus did it, and one other person, IIRC.

My vote is for removing the diamond. To me it looks silly.

I've bought the Canes cuz' I've found them WITH Arcs, I am a big fan of arcs. And yes, I guess I remove the "overdose"...

I've bought the Canes cuz' I've found them WITH Arcs, I am a big fan of arcs. And yes, I guess I remove the "overdose"...

Just to be clear, although I pointed out the "trend" that doesn't mean I support it. I would leave the arcs. My problem with the arcs is that they have gaps in the stitching and the crazy diamonds. If I had a pair, I would probably fill in the missing stitching and remove the diamonds. But maybe I have OCD. :o

I was jut talking about the diamond shape (the thread edges below the arcuates), nothing more. And no, why should I remove an original LVC arc ;)?

i know what you mean/now i also see it, but i wouldn't mind the diamond shape and that's why i voted for leaving it original...but now it's too late anyways!...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I believe Doc sold his Sugar Canes. I've got pairs of LVC and Sugar Cane 1966s and will try to continue the thread in his stead. Currently involved in the cultizm contest with a pair of LVC 1955s. They're getting pretty worn and their number of days of wear per week is going to start to decline. I'll more than likely wearing one of these two pairs of jeans on the 55s days off, and once the contest is over most of my wear time will be split between the two 1966s. First a couple pix of the LVC 66s. They're a size 38x36, and been hemmed to 30.5". To me, 60s jeans are supposed to be hemmed rather than cuffed, and maybe worn a hair short. These are a little longer than I like when worn with sneaker, but the perfect length with my harness boots. I bought them in December 2010. They had two initial washes to get the shrinkage out of the way before being hemmed by BiG. They've been washed once or twice since then, and had roughly a month of wear.

dsc01298gw.jpg

By setterman at 2011-09-07

dsc01301en.jpg

dsc01299wb.jpg

dsc01300r.jpg

dsc01302w.jpg

And some pix of the SC 1966s. I bought these back in April or May when BiG was clearing out their inventory. They're a size 38, and been hemmed to just under 31". They've were washed and dried on the hottest setting before being sent to BiG to be hemmed, and twice since then to try and get them shrunk down as much as possible. The LVC 66s fit very nice, the SCs are good at the waist, but I wish they were narrower in the leg. Biggest fit issue is the large yoke in the back, which makes the baggy seat stick out like a ducks ass. Hoping it settles down with wear. So far these have been worn roughly 10 times. Absolutely love the denim, and wish I could combine it with LVC's pattern.

dsc01289o.jpg

By Setterman at 2011-09-07

dsc01295p.jpg

dsc01292h.jpg

dsc01293om.jpg

dsc01294di.jpg

dsc01296kg.jpg