Barcelona - on the cheap?

tk421

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to drag this post out of the depths, but I didn't want to start a new topic and get flamed!

My girl and me both have an unnexpected week off in October, and I think we’re going to fly down to Barcelona for a few days.

But as it’s a last minute thing, we don’t have much cash to flash so can anyone recommend some cheap places to stay, eat and party? We only need a bed to crash at the end of the day, so we don't care what standard the acommodation is like, just that it's relatively central.

We’ll probably spend 3/4 days in Barcelona then head further south to catch whats left of the good weather by the sea.

Neither of us has been before so any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

there have to be some decent hostels there, just make sure its in the middle of the city. the subway there is okay, but its much nicer to stumble home drunk then to ride the subway off into the wrong direction. i was there last summer and my hostel was far away from everything and terrible in general. save on food by not eating out all the time. go into the gormet stores and super markets and buy sandwich supplies and fruits! I do this all the time while traveling, and then go to a fancy place once in a while and drink coffee in nice cafes. Never been there in october but it should be nice, I liked what little I saw of the city.