Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

reallypeacedoff

Thanks for the info Cents..

The 32 was my preferred option on these so thanks for confirming. I'm waiting on my FH's to arrive back in SF for store credit before hitting the buy button again.

I'm also toying with Strike Gold 1109's, as SE will have them next week. I know the denim has a similar feel to the 14's, and the post soak measurements to be found on Rakuten look decent - again in the 32.

http://en.item.rakuten.com/klax-on/sg1109/

Will let you know which way i go..

I feel I have a strange problem with mine because of the way my ass and height are: the bottom of the back pockets are right at the bottom curvature of my ass. Whenever I squat down like to tie my shoes, my wallet, instead of bending with the curve of my ass, rides up and OUT of the pocket! I almost lost my wallet 2 times the other day, every time I squatted down to tie my shoes, someone behind me would tell me to be careful that my wallet was coming out. This is weird. I'm guessing no one else has this problem?

Imperialbackpocket.jpg

My pair of SExI14's 'just arrived' from SE.

A big middle finger to the EMS delivery guy who made no attempt to deliver them, and then left them in his van for 2 days before dropping them off at my local post office - cheers buddy, 'preciate it.

The character of the denim is amazing though, far surpassing any expectations i had. Thanks to some good sizing advice i think these are spot on for me - got the 32's. Fit/sit just right in the waist and i can stick my thumb inside waistband with ease whilst wearing. So post soak these should be good.

I'll update with pics when i get the chance.

Some pre-soak shots below.

They are soaking currently in luke-warm water at the moment.

Depending on how that goes i'll most likely do a cold soak on the 2nd go.

Good idea, the fit looks awesome, waist looks fine. My waist fit 'perfectly' when I got them (pre-soak) but they are real easy to stretch out. You'll probably find they will stretch out a little too much so a hot soak will happen eventually. +rep

Good idea, the fit looks awesome, waist looks fine. My waist fit 'perfectly' when I got them (pre-soak) but they are real easy to stretch out. You'll probably find they will stretch out a little too much so a hot soak will happen eventually. +rep

Cheers Cents...

I've thrown them on damp and they're fine. The waist shrunk an inch but does up no problem. The seat & thighs are a tiny bit snug but that's to be expected & they'll stretch back out.

Overall the weave of the denim is actually pretty forgiving so any tight areas will eventually get back to where they should be comfort wise so i'm not concerned. Once they're dry i'll walk around the house in them for a while then cold soak them.

Still can't believe that denim though.....

Some pre-soak shots below.

They are soaking currently in luke-warm water at the moment.

Depending on how that goes i'll most likely do a cold soak on the 2nd go.

]

Can somebody explain to me the logic of doing cold soak after a warm soak? Won't the warm soak get most of the shrinkage out of the way? What's the point of doing a cold soak afterwards? It's not going to shrink it anymore than another warm soak.

I think he meant that if they shrink a lot this time that when he wants to soak them again, he will use cold water so they don't shrink as much.

My thought process exactly.

For the record, given how forgiving the denim is i've just done another warm soak, rather than cold.

I think he meant that if they shrink a lot this time that when he wants to soak them again, he will use cold water so they don't shrink as much.

oh, duh...:-) I cold soaked mine because I really pushed it with with the fit -- got a 32 which fits my waist (actually a bit loose) but the thighs are tight as shit. So I couldn't afford to let them shrink one millimeter more.

they'll stretch back out fine.

i walked around the house for a while in mine after the 1st soak, and they gave a bit even in that short time. unless your balls are being split in two then you'll be fine i reckon.

Agreed. I bought mine TTS and wish I had sized down 1 because of the stretch. These jawns have easy Stretch in my opinion.

Do these stretch from the knee down and leg opening? Because those are the only parts that are a little too tight.

The combs of these are insane... I'm getting more pronounced combs than my 1 year old APCs after only 2 hours of wear.

You may see some stretching over the knee itself from general walking or sitting actions (aka: knee bulge), but unless you actually make a point of trying to stretch them manually from knee down you're unlikely to see much give. If the calf is super tight then it might give a little, but the leg opening won't shift.

From the looks of the photo they don't look physically tight, so it's just your preference i'm guessing. Just wear them & you'll get used to them.

You'll also find the denim will soften up as you wear it more, and that'll change how it sits on your legs. This is what's creating the harsh leg combing, as the denim is still a bit starchy & stiff it's creasing up easily.

But just wear them and it'll all come good for you.

You may see some stretching over the knee itself from general walking or sitting actions (aka: knee bulge), but unless you actually make a point of trying to stretch them manually from knee down you're unlikely to see much give. If the calf is super tight then it might give a little, but the leg opening won't shift.

From the looks of the photo they don't look physically tight, so it's just your preference i'm guessing. Just wear them & you'll get used to them.

You'll also find the denim will soften up as you wear it more, and that'll change how it sits on your legs. This is what's creating the harsh leg combing, as the denim is still a bit starchy & stiff it's creasing up easily.

But just wear them and it'll all come good for you.

Thank you for your response.