349 replies to this topic

#121 kiya

kiya

postwhore

• [+] ----*-*---- [+]
  • 11,806 posts
  • style:rough trade
  • attitude:hyper
  • talents:Yoyos, liquor, denim, rockabilly, vintage things, fast wheels, idm.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

My waist is a size 32 and I got a size 32 in my indigo sexi08s. Was looking for the same/similar fit for these.. What size should I get? I was also wondering if theres going to be another run of production on these thankkss

You would be a size 32 in these too.
Self Edge SF / NY / LA > www.selfedge.com
Anti-Yo Worldwide > www.anti-yo.com

#122 Kyo2k

Kyo2k

bored

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

^^^Thanks :) There's only one pair of 32's left.. Need more cashh before someone gets them o.o

#123 Kyo2k

Kyo2k

bored

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

So I just got my pair... They fit perfect right now but I havent soaked them yet. The waist and thighs are a little tight though. Should I wear them for a week or two and then soak them?

#124 kiya

kiya

postwhore

• [+] ----*-*---- [+]
  • 11,806 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

So I just got my pair... They fit perfect right now but I havent soaked them yet. The waist and thighs are a little tight though. Should I wear them for a week or two and then soak them?

Unless they're skin tight now just wear them for a couple of weeks till they stretch a bit then do a 10 minute cold water soak and you'll be good.

#125 Kyo2k

Kyo2k

bored

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image
Sorry for the crappy iphone pic... They're pretty tight in the thigh, but I do like the fit. They fit like how APC PS fit on me

#126 aaarrrgh

aaarrrgh

bored

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

Damn. Missed the last one in 30. Pondering if I can fit into size 29, since I do fit into a size 27 Petite Standard.
If you don't look good, you don't think good.

#127 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

You should note that the petite standard is a complete different cut. Go TTS they're pretty tight as is but because my legs are like toothpicks I was able to size down 1.. and they were pretty damn tight for a week or two.

#128 kiya

kiya

postwhore

• [+] ----*-*---- [+]
  • 11,806 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Damn. Missed the last one in 30. Pondering if I can fit into siez 29, since I do fit into a size 27 Petite Standard.

Check again.

#129 aaarrrgh

aaarrrgh

bored

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

Check again.

Fantastic! Placed the order!
If you don't look good, you don't think good.

#130 deadendpro

deadendpro

superbored

• Pip
  • 589 posts
  • attitude:timid
  • wish i was in:your mothers' mother
  • talents:diet soda, liquor, nachos, denim.
  • denim:addict

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:28 AM

been wearing these since they dropped, worn one day raw to stretch them in the thigh and soaked the next. No Hem.
Posted Image
Posted Image
stacks for years
Posted Image
Posted Image
My leather patch is aging nicely....
Posted Image
Only complaint- these fuckers are going to be due for a repair sometime in the next two months, i've damn near frayed through the crotch on the left-rear side.
Posted Image
Currently Wearing- SEXI14 & twitter.com/deadendpro_

#131 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

Nice evo, but damn that looks like it was a tight fit! Did you size down for these? Also did you put something on the patch?

#132 deadendpro

deadendpro

superbored

• Pip
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

^ i sized up one. the waist is like 2.5 inches too big because i wore them at the hips for the first week or two once they were soaked in an attempt to stretch the thighs/hips/seat, then when i went back to wearing them at the waist, i threw on a belt and its been constantly rubbing on the patch along with my wallet (which is why the lower part of the patch is a hair darker than the rest of it). I tried on the 33 and there was no way in hell that i would have been able to get them on post-soak, even if i did an entire month raw. so i went with 34, and after getting caught in the rain a couple of times they have molded more and more to my lower half.

edit: also, there is less room in them for me through the calves, the thigh is not as tight as it used to be (great thing).

#133 shinobi2000

shinobi2000

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

hmm, dilemma, mine are too loose at the waist but just perfect from everything below. Still haven't washed or soak yet. How do I get maximum shrinkage in the waist but minimum in the thighs?

#134 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

^ I guess you could try soak them in cold water first then soak only the waist in hot water.

I actually sized down on mine but there isn't as much stretching around the top block as deadendpro's pair. But that is probably because I don't wear mine too low. But the thighs were extremely tight - they've loosened up now but pulling stuff out of the front pockets still require some effort

#135 deadendpro

deadendpro

superbored

• Pip
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

@shinobi- dude, a soak is going to be necessary regardless. i would go all in with a cold soak for about 15 mins. after that, let them air dry and wear a belt. i have to wear a belt with mine or else they look pretty ghastly under t-shirts. my advice is to soak the entire thing in cold water for 15 minutes and wear a belt until you are ready to wash farther down the line.

#136 shinobi2000

shinobi2000

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

hmmm ok i'll try that. I'm sure the thighs won't shrink to unwearable levels. It's just that I like them exactly the way they are now.

#137 togglebutton

togglebutton

bored

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

would be nice if you post up a fit pic too

#138 fullhouse

fullhouse

bored

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

Darren, did you do a cold soak or a hot soak on your pair? did you wear them when they are damp, or you left them air dry?

I've ordered a pair a few days ago. Should arrive this weekend.

So excited to take a look at my pair...

#139 kino

kino

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

shameless plug but i have a size 31 on sale in the market

#140 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

I did a 30 minute cold soak and let it air dry. Not all the shrinkage is out of it though - It will still shrink a little in the next few soaks.

#141 fullhouse

fullhouse

bored

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Why did you do a cold soak then? are you trying to shrink it down a bit, then wear it for some time to stretch it back out and then shrink it again?

#142 deadendpro

deadendpro

superbored

• Pip
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

I did a 30 minute cold soak and let it air dry. Not all the shrinkage is out of it though - It will still shrink a little in the next few soaks.

Why did you do a cold soak then? are you trying to shrink it down a bit, then wear it for some time to stretch it back out and then shrink it again?

dear fullhouse, he cold soaked them because the fit was probably already a little snug given the nature of these jeans, and he means they will shrink more within the next few washes, not including when they shrink back down to size after being worn. all the shrinkage will probably be gone by the 2nd or third time he washes or soaks... if the soak is hot enough

#143 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:10 AM

Yep, deadendpro pretty much summed it up exactly. If you want to get all the shrinkage out first go, give it a hot soak and let it air dry completely 2 times. The shrinkage on the 2nd and 3rd soaks shouldn't be too much of a problem though because if you wear them enough they will just stretch back out before shrinking again - but you will have to keep that in mind when hemming your jeans.

#144 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

Since there hasn't been much happening in this thread here are some evo pics:

Taken at 3 months - 1 initial soak, no washes

Fit
Posted Image

Front
Posted Image

Back
Posted Image

MIght be time for me to get a new pair of jeans - I had sized down originally but have since put on some meat from doing squats at the gym..

#145 shinobi2000

shinobi2000

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:53 AM

that fit pic is of you with this new "meat"? :-) or was that from before?

#146 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:55 AM

That is now - they used to have a bit of slack around my thigh area but now it is skin tight.. I know there's not too many people who think it is a good look when it is that tight around the top

#147 fullhouse

fullhouse

bored

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

dear fullhouse, he cold soaked them because the fit was probably already a little snug given the nature of these jeans, and he means they will shrink more within the next few washes, not including when they shrink back down to size after being worn. all the shrinkage will probably be gone by the 2nd or third time he washes or soaks... if the soak is hot enough

Yep, deadendpro pretty much summed it up exactly. If you want to get all the shrinkage out first go, give it a hot soak and let it air dry completely 2 times. The shrinkage on the 2nd and 3rd soaks shouldn't be too much of a problem though because if you wear them enough they will just stretch back out before shrinking again - but you will have to keep that in mind when hemming your jeans.

Okay.. I'm just gonna wait on my new pair.. See how they fit at first..
Thanks for the answer :D
@Darren
How does your pair feels after 3 months of wear? Is it still that abrasive or its getting soft now?

#148 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

^They are definitely softening up. They are still abrasive on the outside but the inside is much softer than when I first got them. I don't get to wear them all that much though - probably only 20 hours a week on average so they are slowly getting there.

#149 Hajduk

Hajduk

semibored

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:19 AM

Darren,
cold soak. 30 mn.???
on the front picture the buttons are so...present...
no critics Darren, i donĀ“t like to do that. it your baby and you can do what you want with it, but one day your baby will need a wash...and...

#150 darrenjc

darrenjc

bored

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

Yep, I plan to do another soak before washing just to get as much of the shrinkage out before I wash it. Worst case scenario I'll be able to get a pair of IH-666od around June/July anyway so if it shrinks too much I'll just have to stop wearing them I guess..