4 replies to this topic

#1 Cue

Cue

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,076 posts
  • joined 13 may 05

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:50 AM

Thinking of going. Is it worth it? Much to do?
Also, anyone flown EVA airlines?
Cheers etc

#2 englandmj7

englandmj7

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,817 posts
  • joined 28 july 05

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:30 PM

^^ I have flown EVA probably 15-20 times at least, and stopped in Taipei several times but never ventured outside for long (although I was born there); EVA has good service, average-sized seats; their tickets are always the cheapest to Southeast Asia......anything in particular you wanted to know?

The only recommendation I have about Taipei is that if you get a second before you leave/or when you land go to the food stall on the top floor of the shopping area and get their beef noodles (soup); it will blow your mind........

#3 Cue

Cue

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,076 posts
  • joined 13 may 05

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:27 AM

cool, going from UK to NZ via SE Asia for a few months, EVA was the best deal ... reckon I'll do it...

#4 Ryan

Ryan

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,617 posts
  • joined 22 january 05

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:17 AM

*bump*

ive flown EVA before and i was happy with it. I'm flying them again in two weeks on my way to the philippines.

I'm putting Taipei on my list of places to check out in 2007. so I need some general recommendations. is it possible for me to get by speaking only english? also how are people receptive to foreigners?

TIA

#5 6MT

6MT

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,446 posts
  • joined 05 august 05

Posted 25 December 2006 - 09:28 AM

actually, taiwanes people are real submissive to foreigners, and the city is def a great place, u gonna have a hard time trying to get by by speaking english for sure, but they have signs in english so you should be alright, plus if you are staying in the city it should be kosher.

have fun