Ibiza

Waldo

So... I'm making my first visit to the island for a friends birthday.

What are the good restaurants? Is there any good shopping?

Places to avoid?

Places not to miss?

Edited by Waldo on May 10, 2006 at 05:30 AM

ibiza is one of the greatest places on the planet. you have multiple choices of getting to know the island. you can be the party clubbing touristy guy or the culture interested looking to relax in quite atmosphere dude. first rent a car.

if you want to go partying with the best dj s in the world be there either during the openings (end of may beginning of june) or closings (late september) of the clubs. go to space on sundays and dc10 mondays. check out roger sanchez mondays in pacha, sven väth also monday in cocoon @amnesia, too many partys to mention them here now. but watch out for the more underground, new, often free spots, like penelope, lucifer or the one i forgot the name right across privilege. go see cafe del mar once, really nice vibe.but try to avoid san antonios street pubs, too much drunk english folks.

there also tons of nice beaches, borabora (lots of tourists and clubbers, playa den bossa ,close to the city), salinas (similar but little more extravaganza, beautiful beach with dunes,close ot the airport)are the widely known ones.

but there are lots of hidden beaches for which you have to ask locals or look in your travellers gide. it s definately worth it. they are hard to get to, often bad roads but very peaceful with the original ibizencan hippie vibe .

dont waste your time going to the hippie market tho. if you find the time take the car and just drive around the whole island, you have to if you want to see the best beaches beautiful landscape. thats the only way to find out about the real ibiza and to get in touch with the locals.

try their food, delicious, lots of fish.

shopping wise there are some places but nothing special. they sell lots of italian couture..

and very pricey. for shopping check out barcelona..

^^^ yup yup, renting a car is a must.

Get up to the northern beaches, they are fantastic and un-crowded, and there are some great little beach-side restaurants dotted around.

Avoid the beery-leary Brits-abroad at the obvious places, and, if you can, try and hook up some VIP tickets or deals before you go. Otherwise entry to places like Cocoon is 50 Euros.

I reckon Cafe Mambo is worth a visit during the day ...

Have fun!

Car - check.

Villa - check.

Space/DC10 - check.

Avoid San Antonio - check.

Northern beaches sound like the sort of thing I'm looking for.

And any restaurant recomendations would be great.

Thanks guys.

Bora Bora beach in Playa Den Bossa is the perfect spot for preclubbing. Excellent music, cool people... Order jugs of sangria, dance on a table and wave to the airplanes

Restaurants:

Km5 - on the road to San Jose

Clodenis - San Rafael

Bambuddah Grove

trattoria del gato in Ibiza Town

El Chiringuito (seafood) on Es Cavallet Beach

• 2 years later...

So, not really a place i ever wanted to go to, but my cousin is heading over with alot of his friends and one pulled out so i got offered a room. They are all alot older and work full-time, and are staying somewhere amazing that i could not afford if i ever travelled with my friends considering we are all at uni, so i just couldn't pass it up. For reference, staying here:

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/photodisplay.aspx?home_id=32918

(Will remember to take photos when i go, because pics or it didn't happen)

So, yeah basically... tips? places? words of advice? stories? etc, etc.

I don't know Ibiza, but if you end up in a crowd of sunburnt British football hooligans, and if you're not appreciating it, take a ferry to Formentera and stay there instead. It's one of my favourite places on earth. In August, it's bound to be packed with Italian couples on Vespas. But there are still nice places (avoid Es Pujols and the giant tourist places down on the South East part).