Pherrow's

k4727

id love to go for some Pherrow's but the yellow rivet really puts me off , still check on yahoo auctions from time to time for some older Stormy Blues 

The 441 has a silver color button, and the 500SW has a copper color one (not sure if the button is actual copper or not).

I wonder what would happen if someone were to try removing the button...

Edited by Iron Horse

• 1 month later...

After talking about it in the small questions thread (and with the SO, of course) I picked up the Pherrow's corduroy ranch jacket the other day to replace my old winter jacket. Have worn it a few days now and it's certainly warm.

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-13%20at%2011.46.

Faux sherpa lining is used around the neck collar and throughout the body; the sleeves are lined with a satin-like polyester.

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-13%20at%2011.46.

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-13%20at%2011.47.

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-13%20at%2011.48.

The corduroy feels nice and solid, with more heft to it than most standard cord jackets I've owned or handled; I'm not sure how many ounces the fabric is but it does feel substantial. Note the Lee Riders style zig-zag stitching over the snap buttons.

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-13%20at%2011.52.

The sherpa is polyester but has a very real, natural look and feel when compared to almost any poly sherpa I've ever seen.

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-13%20at%2012.01.

Close-up of the cord fabric; it feels and smells like it's been lightly coated with wax. 

The fit is fairly straight, but with a slight taper at the waist. Although 40 is my size (I think 42 would be just too big) the bottom snap button is a bit snug when closed, which would be my only complaint with this jacket. What's more, there are no internal pockets, but this is a pretty minor concern. 

So far I've been doing well this winter by wearing this jacket, a flannel, and an undershirt. Definitely the nicest cord jacket I've ever worn or handled.

Edited by Iron Horse

Hey nice one Iron Horse, certainly looks great. Hope it's working out for you.

For sure, it's nice and toasty. It also has a smell to it that is exactly like my Red Wing leather protector cream. I haven't seen anything written about that, but it seems to me the jacket is treated lightly with some type of wax or oil.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vater&Sohn is going to stock Pherrow's in the next months. a jean, shirt and definitely the wabash engineer coat. sadly not so sure yet about the two others....

right right

I really like their denim, their 13.75 always stays on my mind, hopefully one day I get a pair of these...

their 13.5 denim is not so much my thing

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very interested in the 421, but like hoggreaser, waist measurements on some shops seem really small, but okay on others. Same with the thigh. 

Can any comment on the 13.75oz denim? Does it stretch a decent amount? The sz36 seems perfect but the waist and thigh might be a bit too tight. But there are no measurements for the 38's and I have a feeling they'd be too big. 

Hoggreaser: Sure, I can do a full write-up later on where my 441s stand with measurements and pics. I've been meaning to that for a while anyway ever since I gave them another wash a couple weeks ago and the denim popped again.  :ph34r:

d-rew: Good choice; in retrospect I would have bought the 421s, and I have them in my queue for my next 13-ish oz jeans. Although I haven't worn the 13.75 oz denim, the 13.5 oz denim of my 441s didn't really stretch all that much. This is one reason I sold the 33s (my proper waist size) and went up to the 34s. The thighs on the 33s were too tight for me, especially while sitting, and that never really changed. If you're looking for a wider cut, there is the 500sw, which is quite nice looking. 

Hoggreaser: Sure, I can do a full write-up later on where my 441s stand with measurements and pics. I've been meaning to that for a while anyway ever since I gave them another wash a couple weeks ago and the denim popped again.  :ph34r:

d-rew: Good choice; in retrospect I would have bought the 421s, and I have them in my queue for my next 13-ish oz jeans. Although I haven't worn the 13.75 oz denim, the 13.5 oz denim of my 441s didn't really stretch all that much. This is one reason I sold the 33s (my proper waist size) and went up to the 34s. The thighs on the 33s were too tight for me, especially while sitting, and that never really changed. If you're looking for a wider cut, there is the 500sw, which is quite nice looking. 

I checked out the 521's but seem a bit too wide for me. Plus I love the details of the 421's! I was thinking of maybe sizing up to the 38, but all size charts stop at 36 (except for the anniversary editions), and can't really find a 38 anywhere. For some charts a 36 would be okay, then others it'd be too small... Just going to have to think about it.

But thanks for the heads up! And looking forward to your 441 write up!