usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

well, I'll be doing as many music gigs as possible during the nighttime, but I'm down to do any sort of part time job to support myself during the day. Manual labor/retail/waiting etc.. I'm up for anything.

I would recommend living somewhere near to the Atlantic Ave/Pacific Street hub in brooklyn. You have the easiest access to the greatest number of subway lines.

going to be in NY for the first time last week of june.

Same here. I'm going to be in NYC June 24-27. Everyone has been telling me to check out Highline Park, and I'm going to a Yankees game. Other than that, I'm looking for suggestions to fill my time (and a couchsurfing host who's available)...

people can go check out my photos hanging:

hung my photos up at Joe Coffee in the West Village, they'll be up all summer, so check them out if you're in NYC

5838378890_fd8a8a9229_z.jpg

5837831835_e48dc62d52_z.jpg

Same here. I'm going to be in NYC June 24-27. Everyone has been telling me to check out Highline Park, and I'm going to a Yankees game. Other than that, I'm looking for suggestions to fill my time (and a couchsurfing host who's available)...

the high line can get really crowded, even on weekdays. I'd recommend trying to stop by in the morning or something. It's nice up there but loses its appeal when there's no room to freely walk. since u have limited time just plan it right

I'm a Norwegian moving to NY (actually Long Island) in September to study.

This thread contains alot of info but is so big and unorganized.

I'll get most of the touristy info from online guides but looking for tips on places to eat and shop.

For food I'm into anything as long as it's genuine and well made (Italian being a favourite).

just finalized my trip to NYC with a few of my buds for august 11th-23rd..i'm going to try my best to go through the entire thread from now till then to plan out my trip...

but right off of the bat.. anyone got suggestions or links or etc.?

Friend I was supposed to stay with's landlord is getting iffy and I dont think I can stay there for the next six weeks I need to be in NY so I'm looking for a place I can move in A.S.A.P. if anyone needs a roomate / has a room available / knows anybody whose looking please drop me a lin

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please recommend me accommodation that is cheap but clean and non dodgy in NYC or there is no such thing? I'm going there for the first time in November. I can't seem to find any accommodation that I can actually afford without selling my kidney.

I found a place that look alright on the inside and cheap but it's in east harlem (to be precise 124 E 117th St) probably not the best idea yes? no?

hugo that looks like carroll garden brooklyn close to the gowanus canal....

the elevated F train probably provides some good shots....especially when you go deeper towards Coney Island....like the big cemetary on the way out there....

elevated 7 line probably provides some good shots as well if you are willing to climb and hide to avoid arrest......

Can someone please recommend me accommodation that is cheap but clean and non dodgy in NYC or there is no such thing? I'm going there for the first time in November. I can't seem to find any accommodation that I can actually afford without selling my kidney.

I found a place that look alright on the inside and cheap but it's in east harlem (to be precise 124 E 117th St) probably not the best idea yes? no?

a few hostels are up in east harlem, I sometimes see backpacker-type people walking over to the 4-5-6, so you wouldn't be the only one.

I don't know what your price range is, I've done airbnb-type stuff a couple times and have found things around columbia and in astoria for less than $50/night that were fine.

^ thanks heaps I'll look into airbnb... originally I was looking for a private room don't mind shared bathroom for anything less than $100. I just booked Hostelling Int for $49 a night share bedroom with 5 people on amsterdam ave hope to god it's not too dodgy! Still looking out for better alternative though.

hugo that looks like carroll garden brooklyn close to the gowanus canal....

the elevated F train probably provides some good shots....especially when you go deeper towards Coney Island....like the big cemetary on the way out there....

elevated 7 line probably provides some good shots as well if you are willing to climb and hide to avoid arrest......

thanks, can't rep atm

just sleep in the park like fuuma or mcdonalds like red ,LOL

I do not sleep in the park, I pass out in the park. It is the difference between being homeless and an alcoholic. Well I guess you can be both...

BTW I'll see you bastards in sept.

going to NYC for work inspiration in a couple weeks and i need some interesting spots to check out.

what will get my vibe inspired? doing museums and retail, but looking for some random and unexpected things to get involved w/ and look at.

Any good blogs for music/art shows/partys?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to be in NY, landing at JFK prolly at the 4th of December, anyone here willing to let me stay at your place, I'm super legit btw.

Gonna stay there for a week or less. Or help in finding a place? I'm mostly there on vacation so any superfuturians that are willing to be a nice friend and/or tour guide are welcomed to help me