usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

If you drink in east village and lower east side you can keep it pretty cheap. Every bar has a happy hour, so get drunk early if you're broke.

Also the best traveling tip is to always get a bottle at the duty free shop. Every time I fly abroad I get at least one and it always comes in handy.

If you drink in east village and lower east side you can keep it pretty cheap. Every bar has a happy hour, so get drunk early if you're broke.

Also the best traveling tip is to always get a bottle at the duty free shop. Every time I fly abroad I get at least one and it always comes in handy.

I love duty free! I always try to pick up a couple cartons of cigs and a bottle of JW Blue.

I agree the NYU area are full of young bucks you'll have fun out there.

Going to NYC next week. Want to show my gf a good time. Any suggestions on good places we could go for lunch/dinner? And spots for us to chill/sights to see/activities to do?

I'm from NYC, but when I did live there I never really deviated from the typical soho runs, cheap eats in CT, and shit like that. So I'm kind of clueless when it comes down to it.

I'd like for that week to run smooth, and if I end up going there without a clue of what to do I'll be kind of pissed.

Going to NYC next week. Want to show my gf a good time. Any suggestions on good places we could go for lunch/dinner? And spots for us to chill/sights to see/activities to do?

I'm from NYC, but when I did live there I never really deviated from the typical soho runs, cheap eats in CT, and shit like that. So I'm kind of clueless when it comes down to it.

I'd like for that week to run smooth, and if I end up going there without a clue of what to do I'll be kind of pissed.

Go to serendipity for some frozen hot chocolate for dessert but go during the week and at opportune hours 'cause that place gets packed

Go to serendipity for some frozen hot chocolate for dessert but go during the week and at opportune hours 'cause that place gets packed

Oddly enough my grandma has suggested that I take my ex there.

Will do. And the post before yours, although none were suggestions for me I'll def hit up many of the spots you talked about.

Just need some names of restuarants and what not. Maybe 10ish, all sorts of different cuisines if possible?

Best sushi place in NYC that ranges from 20-40 dollars?

Check out "Avenue A Sushi" it has pretty decent sushi for the price. It has kind of a "hip les feel" with dim lighting, art on the walls, and a dj spinning while you eat.

*oh yea...restaurants: Dinosaur bbq, Alta, Pipa tapas, Qi, Amy Ruths, Joe's Shanghai, Taqueria la Mexicana, Genka (sp?) jap spot in St Marks, Asia de cuba, Carmines Italian, The Park

pretty much any fake will work regardless, i've seen people get into clubs with 8.5x11 photocopies of other people's passports and shit, there's so many foreigners/tourists that they don't really pursue it like smaller towns, no scanning or any of that business

I was thinking about NY for New Years.

The thing is that I have uni exams in January and if I do go to NY, I probably won't be going again for a long time because I'll be wanting to go to other places before returning, so I want to do as much as possible in 4-5 days.

Good idea, is NY anything special on NY? yay/nay?

i've never had negiya but ippudo's broth is pretty awesome

ippudo's tonkotsu (pork bone <- however it's translated) broth is pretty awesome.

good flavor but it's not really greasy unlike most tonkotsu joints

i usually get the akamaru (red broth).

pretty much any fake will work regardless, i've seen people get into clubs with 8.5x11 photocopies of other people's passports and shit, there's so many foreigners/tourists that they don't really pursue it like smaller towns, no scanning or any of that business

This is relieving. I was considering getting 2, just in case one gets taken from me.

This is relieving. I was considering getting 2, just in case one gets taken from me.

Well check out the front before you get in line. My local bar called "Stout" scans IDs so there are definitely places that do that. I'm not sure if they'll scan foreign IDs, but for any local pub you should be fine.

I was thinking about NY for New Years.

The thing is that I have uni exams in January and if I do go to NY, I probably won't be going again for a long time because I'll be wanting to go to other places before returning, so I want to do as much as possible in 4-5 days.

Good idea, is NY anything special on NY? yay/nay?

Out of towners always say they want to try times sq on new years eve once in their life just to experience what it's like.

I'm with polishmike though, I usually leave town or stay far far away from times sq.

Out of towners always say they want to try times sq on new years eve once in their life just to experience what it's like.

I'm with polishmike though, I usually leave town or stay far far away from times sq.

OMG my ex gf wanted me to watch the ball drop with her in Times Square.

Such a fucking bad experience.

I only did it because she was from Japan and what not.

I'll be in New York next week, any body knows about some cool thrift shops sample sales and other good less known spots?

I know there's a couple in the Upper East side, my coworkers been telling me about how that store is hooked up with designer wear. I'll update when I can get the exact location but it's in the E 80's st. I usually go to sample sales when they come up on W 33rd / 8th ave (b/w Olivia & Stage door deli). There is no sample sale atm though...

DEFINITELY, second the five guys. One of my favorite burger spots. Try shake shack too. I wouldn't go for any of the street vendors though.. WAY too expensive. But i would recommend Nuts 4 Nuts for a street vendor. It's a great vendor for snacks. Gray's Papaya, or Papaya Dog. They're all the same. Im a regular at NY im from Jersey though. I never get tired of the recession special with a pina colada. Definitely. I might be going to rock the bells, if you need. Brooklyn's a dope spot. Check out the bridge. Rent a bike for a day. Depending how much you plan on spending on transportation and where you plan to go. And if you feel like youre willing to bike. I say biking around the city is the best way to absorb everything in. If youve got appreciation for street art check out houston street and wooster street for some shepard fairey pieces. If you love graffiti you definitely gotta check out Liberty Tunnel and 5 Pointz. I'm such an enthusiast for the city and I'd love to help you out (no homo) especially hearin that you're hittin up rock the bells. As for housing, try figuring out a hostel?? They got hostels in NY and some are cheap. Manhattan for shopping and sights. Brooklyn for some shopping if youre into thrift and vintage shit and definitely to absorb the culture. Queens too. Bronx as well. But just msg me if you want more places like shopping areas, good local food spots look for a spot called Pommes Frites i know they got em all over mainland Europe but this one's the shit. 99 miles to philly is a good cheesesteak spot. Yogurtland and pinkberry and red mango and 16 handles are amazing frozen yogurt spots. theres a crepe spot somewhere downtown in soho or the lower eastside thats amazing try their smoked salmon and cream cheese with spinach or their dessert crepes. Rice to riches is amazing for rice pudding. A lot of the spots I prefer are in downtown/soho/lower east side. Central park is definitely a must even though its "just a park". DEFINITELY go uptown in manhattan to harlem or washington heights or spanish harlem to absorb the culture. Harlem has amazing soul food spots you must hit up if you want a cheap lunch or dinner. There's a spot called Manna's soul food cafe, where its all you can eat soul food or you can take out and its priced by weight. Uptown is far from the SoHo shopping area and the Lower East Side and all that but you can rent a bike or do an all day subway pass (just make sure you make the money you spend, worth it and use the subway as much as possible) Subway takes time so use your time wisely! dont spend the day commuting. Like I said just msg me for more info enjoy the greatest city in the world (in my opinion).

This is awful. This is a tourist directing a tourist.

"Brooklyn's a dope spot?"

Jesus, this is worse than Zagat's.