usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

My wife and I are going to NYC from 5/2-5/8. We are staying at Gem Soho based on a recommendation from my friend's parents. Going to a filming of Jimmy Fallon (already have tickets) and a Yankee's game (have those tickets as well).

Don't really have an plans on where to eat. My wife will just yelp locations we'll go there.

• 2 weeks later...

heading down to nyc next week. I've only ever spent a day and a half there in the past.

I'm hoping my friends will know good places to eat and shit to see and do.

regarding places to shop for streetwear aside from supreme, could anybody give me their opinion on atmos? Or if they know any other places.

Thanks

atmos isn't anything special unless you're after an atmos exclusive or are going through harlem anyway.

i would do supreme and dqm, maybe 21 mercer or stussy if you're inclined. if you're going to selfedge then reed is probably worth stopping by. that's about it though

yea i have no interest in hitting up self edge or big, i have enough pairs of selvedge denim to last me a couple of years at least and i can just go to take5 in HK when im back there if so inclined.

What about 21 mercer, the pics i see are pretty good, but is it just generic nike shit or would i be able to cop footscapes and such?

thanks for the reccomendations.

21 mercer is all the nsw exclusive shit, so no gr footlocker stuff. all the tier 0 releases and quick strikes, and the nsw releases + collabo shit and 21 mercer exclusive stuff. and all the nsw gear. iunno about footscapes, it's mostly newer stuff. if they were gonna have a footscape it'd be the one with lunar runner sole.

maybe hit up flight club? iunno though, never been to fight club

21 mercer is all the nsw exclusive shit, so no gr footlocker stuff. all the tier 0 releases and quick strikes, and the nsw releases + collabo shit and 21 mercer exclusive stuff. and all the nsw gear. iunno about footscapes, it's mostly newer stuff. if they were gonna have a footscape it'd be the one with lunar runner sole.

maybe hit up flight club? iunno though, never been to fight club

when it comes down to it, 21 mercer is basically the cream of nsw and 6.0 + random snowboarding and acg.

flight club sucks as an in-store shopping experience because they only have one sneaker per design out and do not bother to indicate what other sizes they have, or what those prices may be. the latter especially crucial since variance is high due to it being a consignment shop.

anytime i've ever bought anything there it was because i looked it up online first.

Just got back from probably one of the best trips ever,

shopping:

In the end I didn't get up to too much shopping or even going to shops that much (which is a good thing imo), but checked out supreme, 21 mercer and stussy.

21 mercer was hella disspointing, shit seemed like generic nike sportswear shit you can buy at footlocker or size but at a wicked price. sneaker selection was shit, even compared to a store like size in the UK

stussy was dope, the premium selection looked nice and i wish i hadn't arleady copped a supreme parka cos their varsities looked sweet. They had a bunch of originalfake stuff. really wanted to cop some shit, but didn't get around to going back.

supreme was good but kinda anticlimatic. I got what i set out for, the beige parka, a short sleeved shirt and a pair of the vans. Went twice over the period of a week, the first time they definately had the attitude but second time they were all super nice.

Eating:

Since i was staying in brooklyn, i ended up eating there a lot. I'm sure theres dope places all around the city but highlights (i can remember) were:

choice market - blt's will blow ur mind

habana outpost - pulled pork sandwiches are out of this world

3 luigis - buffalo chicken slice

bonnies - possibly the best burger i've ever eaten

there were loads more but i can't remember their names. i'm lucky to have a bunch of friends living in NYC who showed me around, as there was no way i could ever have found out this shit on my own.

drinking:

most bars are the same save a different theme or music playing,

last time i was in NY ('08) we went to williamsberg. this time around we went back again and it was the same. I dunno how these people drink that PBR shit.

lower east side was pretty good but i can't remember shit where we went.

What did you expect Mercer to have? LOL.

I'm just surprised we had such contrasting experiences with the store. I feel like I didn't buy enough! My 'should-have-boughts' include that GROUP OF DEATH shirt and another pair of Footscapes, but in the purple colorway. Not to mention if I had lots of extra free money or needed another waterproof jacket, that khaki/light brown colored ACG jacket was on FUCKING point.

What did you expect Mercer to have? LOL.

I'm just surprised we had such contrasting experiences with the store. I feel like I didn't buy enough! My 'should-have-boughts' include that GROUP OF DEATH shirt and another pair of Footscapes, but in the purple colorway. Not to mention if I had lots of extra free money or needed another waterproof jacket, that khaki/light brown colored ACG jacket was on FUCKING point.

some of the jackets seemed ok, but nothing caught my eye. I copped the supreme parka the day earlier so my wallet wasn't gonna get pulled out so easily when i went.

I want a pair of footscapes, i cant remember what the model was but they had these black woven pairs with orange, yellow soles. those looked dope, just a little too pricey. I can't deal with purple coloured shit anymore and those were the footscapes they had on display in a huge size.

Those woven ones are the lunar something or other... I didn't love them and a lot of other places seem to have them. Those footscapes are cool though because not that many other places have them and they're a silhouette that's not been done to death. Have you ever been to the House of Hoops? I've never had a reason to go out that far, but it's definitely a store I'd eventually like to see.

That new air max pack with the solid black upper (w/ horsehair etc) and the colored midsoles were in the window of every Footlocker/Footaction/ANY SHOE STORE. So ugly though.