• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lets talk macarons

I've tried

La Maison - good but I need more variety

Bouchon - too damn sweet and chewy in consistency

Macaron Cafe - some days really good, some just okay

Payard- didnt seem fresh like they been sitting for days

I miss Pierre Hermé way too much.... His pistachio and rose macarons are the best. I used to get Isaphans for my birthday when I lived in Paris. One of the things I miss most from france :(.

I quite like Macaron Cafe, I think they've improved a lot since they opened.

• 4 weeks later...

Ima bump this thread for one question.

I be wanting to go to NY this June. I don't want to be there for too long so that I'll feel like I've done everything and have a few days left over doing nothing. But I also don't want to be there for too short a duration so that I'll feel like I've done nothing at all.

What would people say is the ideal amount of time to spend in NY by yourself? I'm thinking around the region of 10-12 days atm, but idk.

• 3 weeks later...

i checked out 21 mercer for the first time.

i really liked it. helpful staff. big fitting rooms. cool workout clothes. cool shoes.

i would robocopp some of those nylon / goretex jkts but they were all like 250 bucks.

will wait until the sale (if there will be one).

Any recommendations for high-end restaurants in the theatre district?

my mom mentioned some scandinavian place, but apparently it got renovated and kind of sucks now?

that's probably acquavit, i've never been and haven't heard much about it recently so couldn't say. le bernardin is french all the way.

prob if i had cash to burn near times sq i would check out gordon ramsay's restaurant at the london. never been and it's had mixed reviews but if someone else was paying i wouldn't say no.... a chef i met this weekend says it's the best restaurant in the city right now; a distinct possibility since one of the best meals i've had was at his royal hospital road place.

barring that you can go to esca and load up on crudo (just make sure to skip the pastas which all seem to be terrible). if they have the octopus starter it's pretty good too.

the third option around there is virgil's

First, If I've posted this in the wrong section, I apologise!

Basically, just a question... Is it easy to find retail fashion jobs in NY?

I'm coming to New York to work for the summer.. 2- 3 months.

I'm a student, I work in All Saints in the UK (and have worked for Topshop), and would be looking for something similar - Urban Outfitters, AA, Uniqlo, H&M, that sort of thing, or even something more high end maybe if possible.

So, anyone here in NY work in a shop? What's the best way to apply, just go into the store with a Resume / CV? I'm guessing applying online won't really get you anywhere.

Any info / help would be much appreciated :)

Also posting here cause I don't feel like making a new thread.

Probably visiting a poor as shit friend who lives near 2nd and Bowrey. He just moved there and doesn't know the area that well.

What are some chill bars within walking distance that won't break the budget? Don't want him spending all of his food money.

going to the city with 3 friends

one cwg, one ditzy korean girl, one russian guy

im sure they wanna go clubbing / hit up bars

any recommendations?

nothing touristy please. moderately priced but good atmosphere.

im not really visiting the city for jawn coppin

Probably visiting a poor as shit friend who lives near 2nd and Bowrey. He just moved there and doesn't know the area that well.

What are some chill bars within walking distance that won't break the budget? Don't want him spending all of his food money.

mcsorleys on e7th in between 2nd and 3rd for serious daytime drinking, mars bar by 2nd and 2nd is cheap as shit dirty as fuck and some old punks will probably buy you a shot

these are only based on weektime drinking and limited experience though

going to the city with 3 friends

one cwg, one ditzy korean girl, one russian guy

That almost starts like a bad joke...

For drinks check out Mayahuel on east 6st. New tequila joint, pretty cool. Or Madam Geneva on Bleecker (you enter through the back of Double Crown restaurant). I think all clubs suck now, I guess I could recommend something if you know the exact date.

Going this weekend. Fri, sat. Have you guys been to love ( some club). The russian guy wants to go to cielo but it sounds like an epic fail.

love is an underground club with few small rooms, bars. it's nice but it has to be a good dj otherwise you will be surrounded by bunch of muppets.

cielo is a really nice looking place but it's in meatpacking. on the weekend you can expect trash and long lines. i used to go there monday nights but that was years ago, not sure how it is right now.

on saturday you can go to tribeca grand, the line won't be long but i can't promise great time. last few weekends it sucked. shoot me a text on fri and i'll let you know if something good comes up.

Spitzer's Corner on Rivington and Ludlow, good beer and good food for reasonable prices. There's a few other bars right around there as well.