usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm taking a girl on a date in the early evening on Saturday, I'm picking her up from FIT. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas of places or events I could take her to. She's into fashion, art, music, the normal stuff. Also, she can only eat gluten-free stuff so that really narrows down restaurants, so I was thinking maybe not going to one at all since she probably won't be very hungry anyway. Also, we're both under 21 so that narrows stuff down and we're not the types for clubs anyway. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

see if you can find a torrent of this or something. the internet should be able to help.

http://www.celiac.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=661

also,

http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/socializingwithoutgluten/a/DiningOutLists.htm

A girl I'm interested in also happens to be allergic to gluten, so I've done my homework. hope this helps

i suggest you pound that vag proper. show a FIT girl whats up and then spit on her. or spit and finger, or spit finger and burn, or scald. something dude, come on, just do it. and what the fuck is this were not club people shit? she gos to fit and shes not a whore? your a prick if you dont fuck her.

If you cant come up with something yourself given your interest in this girl and the propensity to possibly know better than anyone else on this forum what she might enjoy, your relationship will be headed for a rude awakening.

sufu cant be your crutch when you're chilling on a sunday afternoon together thinking of something spontaneous/inspired to do.

(no hate- just opinion)

The Guggenheim is even more expensive($18).

There are exhibitions at the NYPL that are always free. As is the Smithsonian run, Museum of the American Indian near Battery Park.

Some museums have pay what you want on Fridays after 6ish, which means free, if you don't mind looking like a real sleaze ball. They'll say if they do on their websites.

In terms of art.

The Museum of Modern Art is $20 now, unless you have a student ID. But you can go on Friday afternoons, when it's free. Bring a machete. Later you can take your free ticket stub to PS1–Contemporary in Queens and get in free there too.

The New Museum on the Bowery is free on Thursdays between 7-10p, and generally speaking not as intolerably packed.

Give a penny to the Met; walk through the modern wing and kick around the early Rennaisance for a while.

Frick is reduced price or pay-want-you-want on Sunday; well worth it.

Walk around W 22–26th Sts and look at the galleries.

obviously the quality of the new museum will be dependent on what they have at the time (there's no permanent collection on display to speak of), but when i went a couple months ago it was really fantastic.

my advise is to check timeout / voice online ahead of time, see what's there that appeals to you and then figure out when they're free. or conversely, see what's free when you're here then decide based on that.

semi-next level stuff: borrow a membership card from a member and get free tickets

mostly next level stuff: get an invitation to a private opening from said member (includes free bar)

next level stuff: find a friend / acquaintance who works for a sponsoring company of a museum, they can usually get a fair number of people in free with an employee ID

next next level stuff: find a friend of a friend who works at the museum and they can hook you up with free admission and/or get you in when closed to the public