usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

^^Cheapest food is still in Chinatown, from $1 dumplings to $3 fried porkchop and rice. Careful from street vendors, but you can get $2 tripe and fried shit. Venture to Spanish Harlem (no longer Puerto Rican, but mostly Mexican) and get cheap tacos from a truck or cuchifritos from a variety of places.

Don't forget to pack a box of Imodium and you're good.

Where the FUCK u get $3 fried Porkchop and rice????? share! i haven't had 3 dollar pork chop over rice in years... and now that the price of rice going up...

I'll definetly check out some of your suggestions. Hvae any of you eaten at cucina de pesce im the east village? It looks nice with $10 early bird dinner specials. Sea bass and tuna. I'm a fish guy. How about beers? I'm really into belgians but can go for microbrews as well. Are there some spots I should hit?

dojo on st marks is closed because of severe health department problems. about.com article already foiled!

there are several $1 slice places near central park that i used to eat at a lot when working at apple. i can't remember the names, but one was on 7th btw 58/59.

Minca is a bit out of the way on East 5 btwn A&B but it's cheap and better than the other alternatives imo (though you could debate that in the ramen noodle thread…)

I'll second Minca. I was just in there earlier this week for the first time in awhile and I had forgotten how good it was. Definitely one of the best bowls of ramen in the city.

How about beers? I'm really into belgians but can go for microbrews as well. Are there some spots I should hit?

Ginger Man

Vol de Nuit

Burp Castle

Belgian Room

I'll definetly check out some of your suggestions. Hvae any of you eaten at cucina de pesce im the east village? It looks nice with $10 early bird dinner specials. Sea bass and tuna. I'm a fish guy. How about beers? I'm really into belgians but can go for microbrews as well. Are there some spots I should hit?

For beer, hit Zum Schneider on Ave. C and 7th St.

www.zumschneider.com/

Someone already mentioned it, but I'll also say that Craig's List is the way to go as far as vacation housing is concerned. I've stayed in hotels and craigs list sublets and had a far better and cheaper time with the sublets.

No, not really. Isn't much going on. Nothing, in fact. You should check out Jersey City.

Fuck jersey city. It sucks. You know why? Polish mike lives there.

Check Irvington, NJ.

Lots of cool bars, good eats, and some decent boutiques.

I think you can take NJ transit.

sorry, I don't know who Polish mike is...

any way thank you very much!!

could you send name of boutiques, cool bars ecc?..sorry to bother you..

it's to lose no time |o|

Are you fresh off the boat? What the fuck is that, a nipple emoticon?

• 2 weeks later...
Cough up the extra dough and stay IN manhattan. Have fun trying to get back to Hoboken or Jersey City at 3am.

i just booked a suite at an extended-stay suite in jersey city for 150/night. path system runs 24hrs, and there are two stations within walking distance from the hotel.

Where the FUCK u get $3 fried Porkchop and rice????? share! i haven't had 3 dollar pork chop over rice in years... and now that the price of rice going up...

I know of Excellent Pork Chop House which is $2 something for just the chop and i think $4 something for pork, rice, and pickles

You could get chicken wings with pork fried rice for $3.25 in the bronx right now lol .. big steroid looking chicken wings too

what they serve @ the "chicken wing pork fried rice joints" is garbage

clinton st baking company on clinton/houston has a really good $10 burger and a beer special every day from like 4-8 or something.

they also have other fucking amazing food, but most of it is about $20ish for an entree, but well worth it.

^^ it's worth it to splurge at clinton street too. i've never fuxed with them for lunch/dinner, but breakfast/brunch items really are next level. egg & biscuit is unreal, pancakes are "best ever" worthy; you can't go wrong with just about anything on the menu.

midtown is a black hole of hot garbage. i'm a fan of bon chon on 32nd and madison, but that's about it.

clinton st for lunch/dinner is amazing. the pork chop is top notch. i've never gone for brunch with the 2-3 hour wait times

two recs in the belly of the beast that is affordable dining in midtown:

menchanko-tei on 55th btwn 5/6 - great shoyu and hakata ramen

virgil's on 45th just east of times square - excellent barbecue, the best in the city before the bandwagon started. vibe is pretty tgif but great food and surprisingly decent beer menu. above 20/person although you can go the pulled pork sandwich route.