usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

I've never been there in the evening, watched few games there when I don't make it to my usual spot. What kind of people go there at night? Does the urine aroma intensifies at night cause that place always smells like straight up train-station restroom.

you'd go to a utd bar to watch a match? i'd rather peel my own skin off than watch anything with that lot of plastics.

you'd go to a utd bar to watch a match? i'd rather peel my own skin off than watch anything with that lot of plastics.

It's not only a utd bar but I only go there to watch internationals or bundesliga and that doesn't happen too often. To make it interesting the official bar of Liverpool supporters club is owned by an everton fan :eek:

fat black pussycat, down the hatch, off the wagon

My boys started spinning at this irish pub that just re-opened next to Off THe Wagon on the weekend. It's just starting...

Fat Black Pussycat was cool for me maybe 4-5 years ago. Idk about now...seems like they got a little too prissy at the door...I walked passed a few times and saw a line as if it was on some club shit. Clubs are trash. Bars that think they can enforce a door policy like a shitty club are worth an act of arson.

Sorry forgot to add to this.

Botanica on Houston St. near Elizabeth is always a good look to fall back on. Decent prices...decent to excellent bartenders...music is usually on point and very mixed from night to night.

Von is a good spot for wine and beer...right off the Bowery on Bleecker. I forgot if they have any liquor...but they do have at elast one dog roaming around...and two rooms to stand or sit. Really dig the decor.

Iggy's on the upper east side is another good place to go for some decent priced drinks and mixed crowd (not all JAPPY people).

Midway between 2nd and 3rd Street and Ave. B is good money.

Heathers on 13th St. and Ave A. is definitely good money...decent prices...plus the bartenders will show love if you spend some money. First Saturday every month is an old school Hip Hop night...no cover no dress code...nice mixed crowd...had a lot of fun a few Saturdays ago.

...whatever you do...do NOT get hustled into going to the Pussycat Lounge allllll the way downtown (near Ground Zero). It's the worst bar and strip club (with a cover charge) you'll ever go to. Roaches are DEFINITELY crawling on the counter and the bartendresses such balls (not literally). Good for an interesting NYC experience if you got some money to throw around one night.

Also...check out Fat Cat on the west side of Christopher Street...it may be called the Fat Cat Lounge...or Fat Cat Bar...or some shit...I never got the full name...but it's cool...got wild shit you can do while drinking. Ping Pong tables, Chess, Backgammon, a live jazz band, regular tables and a dog.

Bleecker Bar is cool for the Happy Hour Yuengling special...i'ts like $2-4 for a TALL glass of that stuff...haven't been there in a minute but my girl used to work right there.

ALso...Haru Sake bar if you are down for the hour and a half of the After Dark Special...1130 - 1am...cheap sake and sapporo...and a few rolls on discount as well...the sushi is fresh there.

Daddy O's on leroy is good for some silly action. Food till 3:30 too without fail. made the best burger list a while ago, he serves tater tots, not fries. the pizza and the chicken fingers are really good and all of its fresh.

If you go at the right time there are people whos whole lives have revolved around sex in the city since they first saw the show in rual ohio all that time ago. But now they drink cosomos in nowhere places telling people they are from New York, Savage fun can be had, but kinda sad too.

PBR's for 2$ helps, but pegs you as the asshole whos sluming it there for poon.

Bars I used to go to:

Sophie's

Mars

Ace (on occasion)

Cherry Tavern

Odessa (we ran that spot for a little while)

Lucy's

Doc Holidays

Bars i go to now:

Subway inn (haven't been for month's, and only go on occasion. Someone on here said they had "nicened it up" which would suck. GREAT for a day time drink)

Scratcher (favorite bar in Manhattan with no pooltable or Jukebox)

Gowanus yacht club, BKLYN (never on the weekend)

The Montero, BKLYN (this is the recently discovered cutty spot. First time I went there the bar tender served everyone Bagel bites. Bagel Bites.

and of course...

The Bohemian Hall in my adopted home of the past 5 years, Astoria, Queens.

I don't go to clubs unless someone I know is spinning and I'm on the list and can wear whatever the fuck i please.

No hats no hoods no fucking way.

with the amount you are looking to spend for 3 people, its gonna be deep brooklyn or deep queens or the boogie down. Qns: elmhurst is viable, forest hills, maybe get lucky and find a good deal in astoria or woodside/sunnyside......

bk..you looking at borderline hoods....bushwick...east new york....or out in bay ridge or somewhere liek that

Bronx..i dont know very well at all..........

i grew up in Queens (Forest Hills). it can be a pain in the ass because as previously mentioned, the F train is crap, especially during the weekend. so a car is a plus in that area

Clinton Hill BK (good and bad, crap food and amenities at least back then, seems to be getting better which means moer expensive

Chinatown - great food cheap....lived in a loft with 5 other people great deal, lots of fun, look for something like that.......$700 a month per person, but you probably will have to know someone. Smells like hell during the summer and San Genarro feast sucks ass

LES - too expensive and small, especially for what u want to spend. sucks now too.....

Carroll Gardens BK - live here now, nice neighborhood, lots of good stores and restaurants....expensive and lots of baby carriages.....

$1500 is pretty tight if you want to live in a 'name' neighborhood in Brooklyn, but that said, you could probably swing a decent place if you can look pretty intensely, and have long enough to look...i.e. 2 - 3 months. Hard, but not impossible. If not, look at other central Brooklyn neighborhoods - Prospect-Lefferts Gardens, Sunset Park, Midwood, Kensington, Crown Heights. All the Queens neighborhoods mentioned + Jackson Heights are worth checking out.

Some advice:

- Have your and your roommate's credit reports printed out, and copies of your driver's licenses, and carry them with you.

- Carry cash (discreetly) for a deposit.

That way, if you're lucky enough to find a deal you feel confident in, you can jump on it.

- Check shop windows on main streets and around subway stops for listings.

- Most outer borough neighborhoods have a local paper. Buy it.

- Take photos of each place.

- If you like a place but are uncertain about the neighborhood, check it out at night.

- Google the landlord.

- Always get a receipt.

At the end of the day, where you work, go out, your friends live, and what you want from a neighborhood are as important as the apartment itself.

Good luck.

no probably gonna wait another year.....sh*ts hitting the fan......................HARD...

and i have a good deal on rent right now.....at least for what i have...........

I just went through my third contract and pulled out cus of more dishonest shit. At least I got my deposit.

I think I'm done looking at new bk condos, nothing but shiesty shit going on

pm me your email

I made an anti yautai jacking condo buying checklist today

i have looked online, and its all hype about the OG recipe VS new style creamy dressing, or chicken, or something that does not help me at all.

Any ideas on where i could get a good salad that will not make me cry? i love ceasers, but am out the loop on where and how i can get down with one that i will like.

thanks in advance for the help.

Late pass, for whatever is it worth. Easier to read the article from the website.

Who Asked You?

By TERI KARUSH ROGERS

THERE are many sentences that a potential buyer can utter to unnerve a broker: “I have three Doberman pinschers.†“My uncle is a divorce lawyer, and he will represent us.†“The money is in Europe.†And, at an open house: “May I use the bathroom?â€

Then there is this question, often deployed after an offer has been accepted: “Do you mind if I bring my (decorator/mother/friend/boss/feng shui expert/rabbi) to take a look?â€

Yes, your broker minds. A lot.

“It’s the kiss of death,â€.....

I just went through my third contract and pulled out cus of more dishonest shit. At least I got my deposit.

I think I'm done looking at new bk condos, nothing but shiesty shit going on

pm me your email

I made an anti yautai jacking condo buying checklist today

http://williamsburgbuyback.org/

look into this. if what they say about negotiating the prices is true then it's worth to consider. sign up for their email list and they should send you a list of properties for sale.