Parkas

nyco ecwcs - super cheap, but alpha's quality is actually real good for what it costs (wouldn't be surprised if the fit sucks though). also has a removable fleece liner + two-way zips.

w9NcGup.png

edit: some dude on reddit wearing it, doesn't look too bad.

78XQ9p3.jpg

Edited by conqueror

^I've got this parka, it definitely runs big like all of Alpha Industries' stuff. That being said it's still an incredible parka, liner is super comfy and when worn together with the jacket it is ridiculously warm, length is nice,and the hood is plenty big(went skiing with this). The jacket itself is also quite heavy which I like and haven't been able to find when it comes to cheaper jackets.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience with Herno Laminar down jackets? Trying to determine if their injected down production technique is as effective as they claim in keeping warmth retaining properties while reducing bulk.

Yeah, I have one. Nice and warm jacket, but for the coldest days (-20 celsius and worse) I find it somewhat lacking. Standing still I feel you loose warmth somewhat faster than you would in a (fat ass) traditionally constructed down jacket.

nyco ecwcs - super cheap, but alpha's quality is actually real good for what it costs (wouldn't be surprised if the fit sucks though). also has a removable fleece liner + two-way zips.

w9NcGup.png

edit: some dude on reddit wearing it, doesn't look too bad.

Is that not MC Ride? Looks good man.

tumblr_mg9u8oy06P1r7qtpto1_400.png

Man is always stylin  B)

Edited by FinleyB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What parka y'all wearing this winter?
Its getting freezing cold over here and I definitely want a new one. any recommendations? 

i like the fishtail look black or khaki and very simple… not sure about fur tho

MG_8147_1024x1024.jpg?v=1412827662

also grabbed the n-3b slim parka from alpha. I'm fairly skinny and 6"2 and found it fit very true to size, medium was just slightly too tight and wouldn't make sense to layer so I went with large. Thing is warm as fuck. has dropped down to -10C already and i've been comfortable with just it and a scarf and t-shirt. Looks better without the (removable!) fur trim around the hood. Pretty happy with the quality for a sub-$300 parka.

MG_8147_1024x1024.jpg?v=1412827662

also grabbed the n-3b slim parka from alpha. I'm fairly skinny and 6"2 and found it fit very true to size, medium was just slightly too tight and wouldn't make sense to layer so I went with large. Thing is warm as fuck. has dropped down to -10C already and i've been comfortable with just it and a scarf and t-shirt. Looks better without the (removable!) fur trim around the hood. Pretty happy with the quality for a sub-$300 parka.

Cosign, I have the same coat and it's definitely worth the pickup. The faux-fur hood is on point and the fit is TTS. I can wear a sweater or a t-shirt and have no problems. I'm 5'10 165 and got a medium.

Edited by Mister Wayne

what color did you guys get for the ai n3b? the blue one that mr.invincible posted looks nice, but the stock photos on ai's website makes every colorway look unappealing.

I got black and my bro got blue. Those are the best colors in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...