i need a coat or a parka for the winter but i havent found the right one by now

i found the givenchy zip front parka that i like but its sold out everywhere

givenchy-black-zip-front-parka-product-6-2964750-906329187_large_flex.jpeg

i also liked these form the waywt thread

wBNqyl.jpg

8168316889_b4947731ca.jpg

any suggestions? thanks

Edited by svrreal

Temple of Jawnz for fucking life. They have a great fishtail. I don't recall the price, but seriously-- check it out.

Penfield is what I have, I really like it. If you get it on sale, even better. Just check out their site. Way more affordable than Givenchy and my following suggestions.

Junya Watanabe for Comme Des Garcons MAN

Patrik Ervell

Wings + Horns (heritage research fishtail parka is da best)

APC (no blacks this season, but they've had tons before)

Temple of Jawnz for fucking life. They have a great fishtail. I don't recall the price, but seriously-- check it out.

Penfield is what I have, I really like it. If you get it on sale, even better. Just check out their site. Way more affordable than Givenchy and my following suggestions.

Junya Watanabe for Comme Des Garcons MAN

Patrik Ervell

Wings + Horns (heritage research fishtail parka is da best)

APC (no blacks this season, but they've had tons before)

how warm are the penfield down jackets? lets just say layered with a t-shirt and average fleece. -10c at least?

^http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/

click on 'how to order'

The story of the name ToJ

winq
(from sufu) and I were talking online, we were both kinda doing nothing in America and bored, so I suggested we come to Korea in the summer of 2008, and hang out with hipsters and ‘fashion’ people, and start a taco truck, I had the money saved up to buy one.
sleazie ninja number 47
from sufu was supposed to come out too, and we were gonna get a sick penthouse rental, have some parties, park the taco truck in the security parking downstairs during the daytime.

Sleazie ninja drops off the face of the earth 2 weeks or so before we go, and then a friend says she has an extra room in her house for rent, so we just go with that, me and winq. So we fly out, meet up at Incheon airport and head into town. We went to Korean language school (like once a week for a daily class), hung out with ugly Japanese and Chinese girls, wasted a lot of time, drank a lot of booze, hung out and ate pork and potato stew with all the hookers at this red light district at like 4am, we generally wasted away the days and got through life.

Anyway ToJ itself came about during these planning stages where
still
and
Bootlegs
were rooming together in Toronto and we said they had a ‘frat of jawns’ because they probably had the most balling combined wardrobe ever at the time - and they traded clothes and shit. So me and winq had ended up in Korea rooming together and we had this huge wall unit for hanging clothes, and we ended up with a pretty amazing clothing wall of all good pieces, and since we were these two monks living in Asia with a wall of $50K in clothes, we said we were living in a Temple of Jawns and it stuck nicely for our ‘lifestyle project’… anyway, it was a good time. winq had to leave because he wasn’t getting anything done eventually, I stayed and kinda sorted my life out, and the rest is history.

to amend to that story:

Like February of 2009, I start running low on funds - I’d used up the taco truck money buying Rick Owens at retail, drinking, and we went to Tokyo to party with
djrajio
and eat burgers and buy plastic burgers at Kappabashi-dori. So I get this part-time job teaching English, I’m excited because it’s like $3000 a month for not much work… I get in there, it’s a mess, i have two bosses and one is a huge bitch to me. I’m standing there in this tiny classroom wearing head to toe Raf Simons, and kids are looking at me like ‘what are you?’ and I am looking back at them thinking ‘don’t do this to me, man’… anyway it was ok, except I can’t hear (lost most of my hearing) so teaching English isn’t the most suitable job for me, and they caught on after a month and cornered me on it, and I had to quit, so I’m back to looking for something to do after that.

Odd occurrence related to that: I’m browsing facebook one day recently, it turns out both of the bosses I had at that job moved back to America, the one really bitchy one got married and I’m looking at the photos, and the other boss is a bridesmaid, and one of the groomsmen is
sleazie ninja number 47
.. lol

I guess if you start moving in certain spheres, all these orbits will eventually collide.

Anyway, I never planned on making leather jackets, I was there that spring of 2009 watching the varsity jacket thread on sufu blow up, and thought I could make one that people would like, and so I took on that challenge and got that done… and then later in the summer I realized I’d been making jackets with leather, and I gave a full leather jacket in some styles I liked a try - it turned out I was pretty good at it for a first timer.
aeglus
wears the original Moto I made, and
I<3Bacon
wears the black Bomber prototype still. So I added those to the regular menu, and that was really where ToJ became serious for me.

As for the two main guys, dizzhizz, and Charly, this is how they come into the story:

dizzhizz, I’ve known this guy for a long time. I was selling something on sufu, he wanted to buy it and have me bring it down to him on his lunch break - he was working like 5 minutes from where I lived at that time, this is like 2006. So I take him this jacket and we hit it off really well, and we hang out a bit after that, until I leave Korea for awhile. I spend about a year in America, and then we do the TOJ return to Korea plan thing I mentioned above in 2008.

So dizzhizz is slogging away at his job trading securities, I’m bumming around and then TOJ goes off that summer. I tell him to meet up with me and I show him the TOJ leathers before anyone else gets to see them, and I tell him to quit his job and start working with me… and so he did. And we were two dudes making clothes. We worked on the peacoat, the daypack, all that stuff that came after the leathers.

Charly, he was visiting the summer TOJ was taking off, and I took a liking to him and told him he should come work for TOJ too. He had a semester left in college and then he came on the snowiest day in Korea ever. And so we have been working together as three ever since, over a year now.

taken from Willy's bloggue

Edited by halomunkey

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm looking for a black parka right now myself. Preferably fishtail. I really want this CP Company parka, but it's out of my price range right now.

IMG_5303_1024x1024.jpg?v=1382118016

Also….

I copped the Carhartt Clash Parka in Medium (which is now sold out everywhere). It' ended up being too small for me.

If anyone is interested just PM me, it's brand new with tags still in the box and originally packaging. I'd let it go for the same price I got it for plus shipping.

$_3.JPG

Edited by MonsieurUntitled

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up the N3-B from Alpha Industries for my job. I work at a marina helping fuel boats all day in Vancouver and this thing is a godsend. The only issue with it would be the fact that the arms are made to allow you to wear like 3 or 4 layers underneath which can look a little strange sometimes. If this wasn't for work I'd probably pick up the slim-fit N3B.

• 2 months later...

nekuragaziman-img551x556-1368445922gsadf

got that lad parka, pretty happy with it overall, kept me warm in canada weather with that crazy fur.

the fit is kinda baggy, in the arms , oh well i guess thats how it supossed to fit ? i took size 44 maybe should have took 42

Edited by aymerikmd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...