The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Just the thumbnail of the vid is terrible, and lol at slevidge as well...

I'm always surprised when people know about raw denim, i barely ever see any. Although i saw some flat heads at a local mall and that blew my mind but i waited too long to go talk to him

I see selvedge all the time around Atlanta, very different from six years ago - it's ceased to be a big deal though because most of it is stuff like Gap that guys are probably randomly buying without really knowing what it was. I've met a few who are into brands like APC or Rogue Territory but don't really go any deeper than that.

In HK I regularly see guys in D'Artisan, Flat Head, Momotaro and Samurai. Also spotted TCB 50s, old Denime XX, Full Counts, Warehouse and Evisu (jp). Apparently, I am known in town as the sole white guy into ''vintage style'' (even though really, I'm not).

It's OK, I'm the lone foreigner into this stuff in Taiwan. It's a solitary existence.

Unless I go down to the denim shops here in Taipei I don't spot too much stuff in public. In the wild I've seen Samurai, Rising Sun, Iron Heart, Eternal, Momotaro and that's about it.

In France, I see at least once a week a selvedge pair. Usually it is APC or BonneGueule (a french blog about men clothes), I had one of their denim it was a nice Kurabo mills but it was too skinny for me, Now I have a flat head 3002 since April, I m starting to see fades YAY!

Thanks guys!

The train tracks on my jeans are only from the knee down (too bad because these are one of my favorite fades). I think this is because I stretched out the outseams due to the tightness of the fit of the 1001s. The vertical fading (where TFH is famous for) is mostly visible on the back. I don't know why, maybe it will develop more in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the suede arcs such a huge deal to everybody if you can just use a seam ripper? Then they'd have no arcs like ooe, warehouse, roy (sometimes ;)), tcb, etc...

I'd prefer stitched arcs to none, but it seems curious for the suede arcs to be a deal breaker for a lot of people if they also own those other brands that don't have the either. Personally I'd probably take out the suede and restitch them.

Personally, I really liked the stitched arcs and it just annoys me that they went with the ultra-suede. It certainly won't keep me from buying another pair of flat heads, but it does make me think a bit less of them. I reserve complete judgement until I see them in person however. Plan on checking them out on my trip to japan this year. 

I did really like the look of the domestic arcs before the ultra suede, but if I really wanted a pair I wouldn't mind taking a seam ripper to them.

Need some FH Pioneer denim in my collection at some point, just not sure on the fit. Maybe the 3005.

The new-ish 8002 model is pretty amazing, they introduced it not that long ago and it's their slim tapered fit but the top block actually has a good amount of room.  And the new 18oz denim is beautiful, if you can image a heavier weight denim aging like Flat Head's pioneer series denim, that's it. 

SExFHxRR10 = SelfEdge X Flathead X RingRing :: 15oz LHT :: W33

Practically spanking new when acquired from @coldstorage awhile back. Nowadays, I'm w33-34 in most japs, but these were a bit loose on the getgo. SD to a W32 would have been spot on. Anyway, 'got them hot soaked x2, then tumble dried__ w/c I never do before break in. Resulting fit was acceptable, but we'll see if these LHTs will stretch back out to unflattering degree

Worn for just a solid week:

C3686628-9EF3-4CE4-AE02-A0AE93FA71DE.jpg

62C14488-F885-45BD-97D3-3E417E0C8D9E.jpg

2E220296-DE06-4AD1-8AED-A6C440C20762.jpg

D803A0EB-D8C9-4BAE-A41D-64AB23E7B492.jpg

#devilisinthedetail:

ED946F9D-620D-4CC5-B6D5-4767829A06BD.jpg

297E44C4-1CAF-4385-AC75-582557C8C734.jpg

A19D0AD8-0671-45EF-A64F-BDEF8EA7DDEC.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic