The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I ordered the medium hold pomade. The product works great, but now I smell like a grandpa, I mean like the pomade smells EXACTLY like old man smell. I think I am going to order something else because it's so bad.

Edited by KPJ

Didn't have a problem just rinsing it out yesterday. But didn't use very much first time.

^ Hahahahahah that's funny, haven't used that one yet, but goon grease smells nice. Kind of like cucumbers.

Edited by bradl

I've got a couple previous season Flat Head flannels in size 44 up for sale on Grailed right now if anyone is interested…link is in the signature.

Bsp owners, the inseam on the site says 41 how much shrinkage did you get? I read in the thread someone said 4 inches but I have never had a pair shrink that much.

I want to hem to 35, I'm about 5'9".

Much appreciated.

fwiw, i have 3009 and hemmed to a 34 and it shrank to almost exactly 31 after several washes

Come on bro, I'm 5'9" and work with a 29.5" inseam, although I sag a little and like a short inseam.

Max you need is 32.5, stacks are out, correct inseam length is in...

this is kind of like saying slim fits are out straight fits are in, but the reality is he has bsp's, slim usually look good with some stacking, there's not one correct inseam length, and not everyone wants to wear the 3005 with a 1 inch cuff and no break  :ph34r:

Ok, that sounds way more normal!

If you want them to end up at 30", hem to at longest 33" before soak and wash.

They might shrink 4" when the inseam is 41", but think about it, that's just because there's more inseam to shrink than the normal 36". As you hem them more they shrink less.

Ok, that sounds way more normal!

If you want them to end up at 30", hem to at longest 33" before soak and wash.

They might shrink 4" when the inseam is 41", but think about it, that's just because there's more inseam to shrink than the normal 36". As you hem them more they shrink less.

Ben is of course right!

And this is pretty logical since shrinkage is a percentage change.

For example:

10 % of 41" is 4,1" shrinkage

and

10 % of 34" is 3,4" shrinkage

That would lead us to

41" - 4,1" = 36,9"

or

34" - 3,4" = 30,6"

(the % of shrinkage is just an example but is in a expectable range)

my body started rejecting slim fits around age 27; by age 30 i couldn't pull a slim pair over my calves without my body rejecting them. i don't think i even grew, just got older..jeans are mysterious. i'm also 5'9" and prefer my inseams around 29-30'' which usually allows me at least a single cuff

Edited by ironheartfan123

Funnily enough my TFH jeans shrunk so much I don't have to cuff them. I'm one of the weird people into denim that prefers no cuff so it worked out well for me. But jesus these jeans lost a ton of inseam in soak.

Yeah mine lost 3.5"

Yep Denimio hemmed mine to 85 cm (~33.5) and my "real" inseam is about 30.5.  Normally I hem unsanforized to 33.5 to help with soak and just live with a cuff.  In comparison my PBJ 24-005 were hemmed to the same length and have probably a 1" cuff or so.

I don't think it's so much that FH slimmed down their shirts (which have always been slim.) I think they just make them smaller now, which seems counterintuitive when it seems like most of the brand's potential growth would be the overseas market with bigger people on average than Japan.

Edited by Cold Summer

You're right!

I should clarify.. I say slimmer because I'm just really close to being the right size. It's like if I had the same frame but the body fat of the skinny Japanese dudes you see on blogs, a 40 would be great. The 42 now fits but it looks off, too long in the sleeves etc.

Probably a size down is the better way to put it, I never thought of it but the new ones probably fit me like the old size 38's... Close but no cigar.

I don't think it's so much that FH slimmed down their shirts (which have always been slim.) I think they just make them smaller now, which seems counterintuitive when it seems like most of the brand's potential growth would be the overseas market with bigger people on average than Japan.

So if I have a 38 in their western winter flannels are you saying I may need a 40 in the current generation?