The Flat Head

LFC4ever

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks bro. I like to think that the shirt game is just as strong!

zvZJRc1.jpg

ynmJ32h.jpg

Jacquard love

edGwhy2.jpg

Party shirts

WtDHC8m.jpg

Mind melters

DKfwuLV.jpg

Ol' faithful, and still my favorite shirt

bhzNATf.jpg

All fit perfectly too. Still don't see any rival to flat head's style or quality...

Oh, and here's the jackets!

KJL95Wu.jpg

Thanks guys.... pretty happy with the collection as well! Although always want a few more things!

This is amazing, I was just looking at Kobayashi-san's fb and saw this. It's at the Grove, an outside mall in LA... I would've shit my pants if I saw him there.

Ihuapgs.jpg

I also saw a dude wearing a pair of flat heads at a mall in Orange County, that was really weird too... you literally never see selvedge here, much less something cool!

Got my type 2 the other day, unfortunately the seller had it marked on the sale as a 42 and its a 40, VERRYYY tight in the biceps and shoulders, but fuck it, I got it for such a steal that im just gonna keep wearing it around the house and hope I get an inch or so of stretch in each place. First dealing with flathead denim, I'm quite impressed.

I raise you my 3005!

From taking my pictures I've just realized that these are pretty much a medium wash pair of jeans now. Kinda crazy how that happens... I also feel that these are turning into exactly what I envisioned they would and that makes me really happy. Hopefully people can see how much more spectacular the denim can look when you wash it a lot.

Tm7PLTN.jpg

u43hp32.jpg

57R232n.jpg

27Kqqz9.jpg

Wow Ben those are seriously looking amazing, true testament to TFH denim right there. Really surprised you have that nice of combs considering how loose the cut it, but easily my favorite pair I have seen in awhile and will only get better.

Ben I've been wearing some 3005s off and on too. You used to have 3009s right? What didn't you like about them?

Yep, I have the 3009s too! They're great and nothing wrong with them, but they were my gateway into looser pairs and I wanted something looser for comfort and aesthetics. It should be a real testament to how awesome the pioneer denim is when you consider I put maybe 6 months into them just to get the 3005 later. And this is coming from someone who thinks you should only have 1 or 2 pairs of regular ol' blue jeans...from any brand!

Only thing I'm a tad bummed about is the dumb spot on my leg, it came from carrying my skateboard and it rubbing against it every once in a while. Oh well, wabi-sabi?

How is the sizing on the Flat Head F2001?  

I'm looking at either size 28 or 30.  

How much shrinkage and stretch can I expect?

I plan on buying from Rakuten and won't be able to return.  

For reference:

The legs of the SEXI14 I currently have in size 32 are perfect, although the waist is too stretched out now.  

I also have 21oz Unbrandeds skinny fit size 29 which are too tight for me in the waist/thighs.  

Can anyone recommend 28 over 30 for F2001 or vice versa?  

Hey guys,

So i bought a pair of the 3012 and after the first soak they fit pretty snug, I can button them up but the thigh is pretty tight.

was wondering how much stretch can I expect from them and should i wear them around the house for a week or two until they give or should I sell them...?

Although I'm not familiar w/ FH, generally raw selvedge jeans don't stretch too much in the thighs, mostly in the waist. 

You won't get all of the shrink out until they get a couple of long soaks or true washes. So if they're snug now, they may still get a little snugger. 

IMO, as someone who's bought and sold several wrong sizes, since you've already soaked/washed them, they've already depreciated and you won't get back what you bought them for. I say if you like the cut and fit overall, wear them for a couple of weeks, without exposing them to any harsh wear and tear, and see what they do. If they're too snug for you're liking now, move them for what you can get. 

Yep, I have the 3009s too! They're great and nothing wrong with them, but they were my gateway into looser pairs and I wanted something looser for comfort and aesthetics. It should be a real testament to how awesome the pioneer denim is when you consider I put maybe 6 months into them just to get the 3005 later. And this is coming from someone who thinks you should only have 1 or 2 pairs of regular ol' blue jeans...from any brand!

Only thing I'm a tad bummed about is the dumb spot on my leg, it came from carrying my skateboard and it rubbing against it every once in a while. Oh well, wabi-sabi?

Any updates on your 3005As?

I wish! I've been wearing the 3005 exclusively since I got them in October.

I was actually thinking about selling the A's since I'll be getting the SDAs and those are completely natural indigo, not sure though.

Yeesh, as much as I've been talking about the dartisans I'll need to post some good pics...

@itsbenhere I'm not surprised for your love of the 3005s! Your fits in them convinced me that slim-tapered fits are overplayed nowadays; straight fit gang or die.

Hey guys,

So i bought a pair of the 3012 and after the first soak they fit pretty snug, I can button them up but the thigh is pretty tight.

was wondering how much stretch can I expect from them and should i wear them around the house for a week or two until they give or should I sell them...?

any other notes to this? 

^ sounds like that all-in-all the size is manageable, but the thighs are the real problem.

Forget about stretching the thighs - it will only be minimal.

Sizing up might also be unsatisfying as the increase in thigh measurements might be negligible.

Sounds like you need a different cut...

Edited by Foxy2