The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Yeah, not a bad fit at all... but if you want shrink a hot wash will probably get you some.

Here's my type 2 after about 3 months of wear. I'm really stoked I didnt go with the sugar cane one... this is my third denim jacket, but the first one that I'll be keeping forever!

ma7qMOt.jpg

COD84i7.jpg

4QGScqD.jpg

Je2QMga.jpg

nIDt9jw.jpg

vcQvpyj.jpg

Nothing wrong with Sugar Cane denim but that jacket is looking good Ben.

I'm also interested to know if you've washed it yet, as I've been wondering whether mine will continue to shrink even after the factory one-wash. My past experience with Pioneer denim is that it keeps on shrinking with successive washes for quite a while...

Thanks guys!

I'd say it's had 2-3 washes so far.  It's washed less frequently than my jeans (which I'll also have to post soon) since it seems like tops (and especially jackets) feel cleaner way longer.

Yours shouldnt shrink any more, I don't think mine did and it's a one-wash as well.  This is the first garment I've had one-washed and I'm pretty stoked since it's behaving exactly as I'd expect nonwash pioneer denim to.  Although given the choice i'll always go raw.

And sugar cane denim is fine, but I just feel that pioneer denim is next level... it's way hairier and has a way more distinct look and feel once faded, and I've personally not found a denim that I thought looked better! (maybe RJB ties actually...)

Edited by itsbenhere

Yeah, I've found there's very little difference between raw and one-wash denim after it's been through my own washing machine once or twice, other than a few crinkles from the factory wash (which I quite like). My Canes and my Fullcount both arrived O/W and it's made no impact on how they've faded.

I get to wear my Type II today as the weather has taken a turn for the worse again. Hurrah!

Yeah, I've found there's very little difference between raw and one-wash denim after it's been through my own washing machine once or twice, other than a few crinkles from the factory wash (which I quite like). My Canes and my Fullcount both arrived O/W and it's made no impact on how they've faded.

I get to wear my Type II today as the weather has taken a turn for the worse again. Hurrah!

There is quite a big difference between the end result in how denim looks after regular wear of a year or two between one-wash and customer soaked denim.  The one-wash process used at factories is quite harsh and softens the fabric intensely, not to mention sometimes it makes the denim look quite washed out when new.  

If you're getting denim jacket, which is far more difficult to get good wear in than a pair of jeans, and you're concerned with how it looks after a couple of years, definitely opt for the raw version.

There is quite a big difference between the end result in how denim looks after regular wear of a year or two between one-wash and customer soaked denim.  The one-wash process used at factories is quite harsh and softens the fabric intensely, not to mention sometimes it makes the denim look quite washed out when new.  

If you're getting denim jacket, which is far more difficult to get good wear in than a pair of jeans, and you're concerned with how it looks after a couple of years, definitely opt for the raw version.

I respect your perspective Kiya but only speak from personal experience. For me, it's not an issue.

Yeah, Kiya definitely knows more than I do.  But....

This denim really doesn't feel any different to me than my raw flat head jeans after they've been through a wash.  You can also see it looks insanely hairy and it seems the fabric has not been damaged.  I'd imagine that different companies have different one-washing methods?

All I know is that I was sold after seeing and feeling Mr. Ooi's (RJB Daikanyama Head Honcho) type 2 which he's had for 13 years.  It was amazing and I can't wait for mine to look like that!

I'll be at that store in Daikanyama next week. Wonder if Mr Ooi will be hanging out there...

I suspect that the factory wash used by TFH is not as aggressive as that used by some other brands. The leather patch on my jacket doesn't have that scrunched look that Sugar Cane patches have for example. And agreed, I'd be hard-pressed to see any difference between my one-wash jacket and the pair of 3001 I purchased raw.

For anyone that has had both. Does the waist of the 3005 run larger then the 3009? I have the 3009 but am interested in getting the 3005.

You can get the same size as your 3009, even if its a little tight, and the 3005 will feel a lot looser.  Personally, I think the 3005 is the nicer cut and it doesn't look way different than the 3009, but just gives way more room.

Here's an updated fit on the 2111s I'm wearing for the Denim World Championship.

CXmjHqO.jpg

MEXc0CK.jpg

91Qtwbj.jpg

The more I wear these, the more I like the fit.  I think the pattern of whiskering and honeycombs will both look really cool on these since they're a bit of a looser fit.  And the looser fit means that they should be comfortable even in hot weather.

Gonna have to stop wearing these soon since I'm almost out of amnesty wears.

Great evo on those 20 ouncers Chubacca, how many washes?  And how much real wear time would you guess those have on 'em?

Off the top of my head, I think I washed them 4 times in 2 years.  Tough to say with real wear time because I wore them mostly on the weekends, but wore them in some pretty hostile environments camping/kayaking/desert/moshing/hiking/clubbing....:)