The Flat Head

LFC4ever

The FH tee I own is a perfect weight in my opinion. It's a bit heavier than the Studio D'Artisan tees I own, and considerably more so than my Stevenson tees as well. Definitely good for cold weather and have enough stretch to them for plenty of moving around. The weave is very dense, and I imagine it would be pretty tough to tear (can't say the same about my Stevenson tees, although those are my favorite shirts for separate reasons.)

The shirts are short and cut very close to the body, very similar to their flannels. I am 176cm and 58 kg and their size 38 tees hit just below the belt on me.

Edited by chicote

^damn youre skinny, i thought 40 thc's were midget enough already....

Max, if youre looking for a substantial fabric then the thc's are for you.  The only reason why they're not my favorite shirts is that, if you don't live somewhere cool, it's pretty easy to sweat in them.  They're not insanely thick though by any means, just a pretty perfectly substantial midweight.  

Yeah, The Flat Head shirts can be harder to wear in the summer months as they have a really substantial feeling even compared to tees from McCoys, SDA and Warehouse. I really love the cut on them though, especially my Vertical Fade Glory Park tee (the other GP shirts I own have a different cut). For someone living in a colder place like Hamburg, I reckon you'd get a lot of wear out of them.

Thanks guys, I always waver but I think you're right... The sleeves mainly would probably be too long if I went a size up. Strange though because this is a 38, and most fh stuff in a 38 is straight tiny on me.

Still waiting on a brown leather sleeved black wool body... Make it happen flat head!!!

Ben,

I wear a 38 in the FH Native Smoke varsity as well. I wasn't sure about the length of the body at first (felt short), but the sleeves were right on and would be too long if i sized up. Your fit looks great - especially if you can wear a hoodie underneath.

FHNative_zpsd5d90e72.jpg

ShibuyaNativeSmoke_zps33efa19e.jpg

Edited by codenamejun

My TFH flannel got snagged on a nail which pulled the yarn up(as shown in the photo).  It doesn't seem to have broken anywhere.  Any tips for minimising the damage here?

lROfv6A.jpg

EDIT:  As of now, I've pulled the loose yarn through to the other side of the fabric with a needle so at least it won't get caught on anything else.

Edited by JammySTB

My TFH flannel got snagged on a nail which pulled the yarn up(as shown in the photo).  It doesn't seem to have broken anywhere.  Any tips for minimising the damage here?

lROfv6A.jpg

EDIT:  As of now, I've pulled the loose yarn through to the other side of the fabric with a needle so at least it won't get caught on anything else.

Stick a needle through the place that the yarns are pulled then pull through to the reverse. Cut the thread and tie the two ends together to form a knot

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Yeah, something else really doesn't fill the void of having the one you really really want.  I was really excited when I saw there were two native checks coming for 15ss, but from the (crappy) pics they really didn't look too awesome.  Definitely not on the level of previous ones imo.

I think the fact that you couldn't nail your correct size, even while living in japan for a while is kinda funny... can you imagine how hard it is for the rest of us??  Also, I'm kinda bummed that this thread isn't in its heyday anymore!

Hey guys.. just an early shout out for those that need to make travel plans.. We're having a Flat Head pop-up shop at SELA starting December 6th and a party that same night with the entire FH crew coming from Japan to celebrate.  

(no sale will take place during that weekend)

Hey guys.. just an early shout out for those that need to make travel plans.. We're having a Flat Head pop-up shop at SELA starting December 6th and a party that same night with the entire FH crew coming from Japan to celebrate.  

(no sale will take place during that weekend)

oh fuck thats awesome!  i was actually meaning to ask you if that popup shop was still happening, at one point I thought I'd imagined it since I haven't heard anything about it in a while.  are you or kobayashi-san coming?  and would that be weird to get him to sign my jeans???? hahah

oh fuck thats awesome!  i was actually meaning to ask you if that popup shop was still happening, at one point I thought I'd imagined it since I haven't heard anything about it in a while.  are you or kobayashi-san coming?  and would that be weird to get him to sign my jeans???? hahah

Yup, we'll both be there!  Hope to see you there.  Bring a sharpie.

whoa.. what does a pop-up shop entail..? anything awesome to look out for?

We'll have about 75% of the entire Flat Head collection for sale, all at once.  Not even a store in Japan would have this many different items available all at once.  Pretty excited to go a little deeper than usual in Flat Head shirts.

Edited by kiya