The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Shameless plug, selling a pair of almost new sz 34 BSPs and a pair of very lightly worn tapered sz 34 SExFHxRJB15s in my sale thread. Looking to move these so I can pick up a pair of Stevensons. 

Hi guys, 

As you can see I'm new to this forum. Recently I bought a pair of FH 1001 at Rivet and Hide while I was in London. I thought it would be nice to share the progress with you.

Hope you like it!

This is a fitpic pre-soak. Size 33/36.

14475143670_293a8343a6_b.jpg

14475195428_2ef4b34aca_b.jpg

14475193738_417a421dd2_b.jpg

These are my pictures of my 1001s post soak. I did this soak for half an hour in fairly warm water. They shrunk about 1 inch in the waist (and stretched back again) and 1,5 inch in the inseam. This jean is still a bit tight around my thighs but I think I just have big thighs. Danny from Rivet and Hide thinks these jean will stretch some more. What do you guys think about the fit?

DSC_7129_zpsc1396a76.jpg

DSC_7131_zpsde3f2165.jpg

DSC_7133_zpsa9cd7c6c.jpg

Pretty much exactly how my 1001s turned out a few years ago. Nice fit pre-soak, then the water just blew the proportions out of whack. I ended up wearing them for like five months, and haven't touched them since.

Imho, the thighs are much too tight, and the lack of a taper really gives an almost bootcut look. Not my cup of tea, but it's obviously up to you.

it really depends on the kind of look youre going for generally. from the leather belt, leather wallet, boots and they way you hike up your pants to the max in the above pic id say youre going for the semi/urban-workwear look, in which case the jeans would be a bit too tight for the standard norms of that look. but if youre normally (out of sufu sight) going for a more relaxed street-style steez and can sag your jeans a bit and wear cons/vans then youd be fine. (though your balls might disagree.)

These are my pictures of my 1001s post soak. I did this soak for half an hour in fairly warm water. They shrunk about 1 inch in the waist (and stretched back again) and 1,5 inch in the inseam. This jean is still a bit tight around my thighs but I think I just have big thighs. Danny from Rivet and Hide thinks these jean will stretch some more. What do you guys think about the fit?

You've got another…probably inch or so of shrink left in the inseam, but once you get that cleared up, the fit will be significantly improved my hemming them a bit to reduce the bootcut effect around the calves.  Though you haven't reached the absolute maximum shrinkage on these, you look like you're not going to size out of them by doing so, and this denim does have a fair amount of give to it.  While I'm not a fan of the low slung, slim hipped top block of this cut personally, you've definitely got the physique to make it work, and with wear it will stretch, soften up, and fall more naturally for a much more flattering shape than the snug thighs and poochy hems are displaying in this photo.  I've certainly seen this cut work out for people who sized snugger than you did.

As long as you can sit down without cutting circulation to your thighs and private parts - it can work for you.

Do some squats and lunges to assist with stretch around the thigh region if needed.

Ben,

Without any other context to go by, I'd guess we're looking at a 44 or 42 in the top picture and a 34 or 36 in the bottom picture. Funny the changes that get made across size ranges to accomodate things like pockets and embroidered letters.

Edit:  Nevermind, this is what happens when I try to respond to things on my phone at 430am when I wake up to have a glass of water…bottom picture is similar to the 42/44 pocket layout.  Top is different than I've seen and it looks like the label is different from the version that I've seen (green background with yellow "Flat Head").  Interesting.  Ben, do you know where the top photo is from?  It looks an awful lot like tradeshow/sample photography I've seen from FH before, meaning perhaps that's a sample, which in itself could explain the pocket orientation.

Edited by tmadd

I was actually thinking that it would be a size difference thing... there's no way it'd make sense to straight up produce them with only that difference.  The first pic is one for sale that's a size 42...and other pictures show the F as being the normal gray, so I think that size differences must be the reason.

Shame though, I think the larger versions pocket placement looks better and is more useful.

Edited by itsbenhere