The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I want a Flat Head x Samurai collab featuring the 710 cut made with Flat Head's 3XXX, 1XXX, or kevlar denim, back pocket shape + embro, and poly/cotton stitching, with Samurai's red tab, patch, front pocket bags, buttons, and rivets.

i'd love an 05bsp cut in samurai denim

I want a metamorphosised Roy/Ande Whall being to get in a time machine and go back to 1933 to make me a pair of vintage Levi's using Flat Head 3xxx denim.

Can we end this silliness here please?

Edit: or start a new fantasy collab thread?

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Posted (edited) · Hidden by lsinner, May 17, 2012 - hacked by someone in my university network.
Hidden by lsinner, May 17, 2012 - hacked by someone in my university network.

-Hacked, wasn't my posting.

Edited by lsinner

Update on my BSPs, just under three months of real wear.

I still feel this is a weird cut and wish the combs weren't so tight-looking, but the denim is starting to look good.

from the back, they kinda look like the knee is the tightest part of the leg, eyes playing tricks?

Yeah, I swear they're not really as tight as they look though. It's because the leg has a sharp taper, and I'm really tall and therefore have longer thighs. It's strange how they look so different from the front. On the plus side, the combs ought to look really interesting in a few months.

Ugh

just got my se05bsps in. Sz 34. And they dont fit. Cant button top two buttons. They were hemmed to a 38.5 inseam and have never been worn or soaked.

Trying to sell them so i can try my luck on another pair.

Please get in touch if your interested.

If you've ever wondered who needs a size 38 SE05BSP - it's me. I've had these for a little over a year now. One initial hot soak and two warm bronner's soak-washes since then. I took a half inch off the 38" inseam which may seem a bit obsessive, but it made them perfect for me. Truly my favorite pair ever. The fades look better than they do in the pics.

Lr6tL.jpg

SDn1f.jpg

Edited by occupant

I rotate them out with 2-3 other pairs, so they get worn regularly but not every day like some people do. Enough wear to get stinky. I won't say the fades are great, but the bright sunlight seemed to wash out what modest ones i have going on. You can see a white peak at the top of my inseam and also at the uppermost comb-crease on my right leg. I've seen other people get nice outdoor pics and sunlight always seems to bring out a denim's qualities when actually looking at it in person. Not sure what I should be doing better.

You've probably only got 3-4 months of real wear time on those, don't feel bad about it. FH jeans give great fades, but I think they're slower to evolve than most people think.

For best photo results, I suggest taking photos with your jeans on the ground in the shade on a sunny day. Most of the best-photographed pairs I've seen looked like that.

I rotate them out with 2-3 other pairs, so they get worn regularly but not every day like some people do. Enough wear to get stinky. I won't say the fades are great, but the bright sunlight seemed to wash out what modest ones i have going on. You can see a white peak at the top of my inseam and also at the uppermost comb-crease on my right leg. I've seen other people get nice outdoor pics and sunlight always seems to bring out a denim's qualities when actually looking at it in person. Not sure what I should be doing better.

Whats your actual waist size? Im a size 36 in IH301s with belt, but when I had a size 36 in BSPs, I couldn't even button the 2nd button from the top. Need some sizing advice

looks he's wearing them raw/no soak from the get-go, that's got to count for something . . .

I keep on trying to come up with a 'blueprint' indigo joke and failing. Now I regret typing this. Oh well.

He's big pimpin'! That's how you wear 'em.

His stylist probably went to BiG in NYC and got those Samurais there. I'm betting neither he nor his stylist know anything about sizing or soaking raw unsanforized denim.

Edited by scmah174