- - - - -

vacation advice superthread

• Please log in to reply
646 replies to this topic

#361 beatle

beatle

supermodisan

• supermod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,554 posts
  • joined 14 march 06
  • attitude:none
  • denim:addict

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

Berlin to Croatia is 24 hours by car..

Take the train to Prague ...It's an ok ride...I really don't know how hard it is to get a train from there to Croatia...it's like noman's land..especially after the war a couple years ago..

Croatia itself offers some great spots along the coast..try to make it to Dugi Otok - a great relaxed island ....

#362 mrip

mrip

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • joined 02 october 06
  • style:cosplay
  • attitude:chilled
  • denim:size 32

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image
?

#363 hotboyx2

hotboyx2

superbored

• Pip
  • 423 posts
  • joined 20 august 06

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

Try to go to Copenhagen, it is a fantastic city, although a little expensive!

#364 tec761

tec761

superbored

• Pip
  • 216 posts
  • joined 10 january 07

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:41 AM

I am an american college student who is unexpectedly taking a gap year between freshman and sophmore year, (I am 20). Basically I have 8 months to do whatever, 3 or 4 of which I will probably use working. But I want to have fun, see the world, have sex with foreign women, do things I won't ever be able to do again until retirement. So does anyone have any ideas or specific places and things to do? Also, where and what types of places to stay, and how to get around would be appreciated. Oh, and I will be alone.

I am thinking about: South Africa, Thailand, UK, Ireland, Amsterdam, Egypt, Dubai (probably can't afford), Australia... But I am open to almost anything that would be fun to a single 20year old american man with a lust for life and getting in trouble.

#365 herpsky

herpsky

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,308 posts
  • joined 21 march 05
  • biography:ラーメン、イケメン、ボクブサメン
  • wish i was in:Macau

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:45 AM

you just want sexxxx?

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud. 

#366 poly800rock

poly800rock

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,040 posts
  • joined 09 september 04

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:49 AM

it's not like the UK or Austrailia are super cheap either.....third world or bust.
TEAM OZAWA (oi lui xwy qluy wh l krcviukevi, zeaeylxy kibuiy kwbeiyt. oi lui drky l hlsi qemml kfwq.) http://www.superfutu...ad.php?t=255186

#367 Serge

Serge

superbored

• Pip
  • 845 posts
  • joined 10 june 07

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:01 AM

I'm planning on roadtripping through Europe next summer but I've got absolutely no idea where to start. I've already saved up $10,000 which hopefully should cover most of it. I've got some destinations in mind but I don't know whether it's better to buy an old van or rent one to drive around.

Anybody done this before?

#368 alex_844

alex_844

superbored

• Pip
  • 264 posts
  • joined 15 december 05
  • biography:"thats the ticket"

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:01 PM

move somewhere and work there, then u get money and can get with them mysterious foreign women at the same time.

#369 corporategrunt

corporategrunt

superbored

• Pip
  • 271 posts
  • joined 06 november 06

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

I've heard from friends that Dubai can be pretty boring after you take in the construction boom and peep the stores. How about Honk Kong to London using either a bus or train?

#370 eastcoastrider27

eastcoastrider27

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,962 posts
  • joined 04 august 05

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

Go to Brazil.

Brazilian women are the best.

#371 Fookums

Fookums

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,453 posts
  • joined 31 january 07

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:58 PM

I was thinking of that also (between high school and college) but I think if I ever do that, it'll be between College and grad school.

Anyways, go to a third world country or something. Or maybe somewhere in south america or africa. Or at least somewhere where people don't usually go for vacation.

#372 Serge

Serge

superbored

• Pip
  • 845 posts
  • joined 10 june 07

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:37 AM

Cmon, someone has to have done something even remotely like this. Unless of course SuFuers are lazy bastards.

#373 soraanaam

soraanaam

banned

• banned
  • Pip
  • 1,108 posts
  • joined 25 january 07
  • biography:denim freak
  • talents:cycling

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:14 AM

fuk dat shit mang, my dad back in 04 rented an rv in germany to go road tripping from frankfurt to bodenheim, let me tell you one thing i was fuking pissing my pants, roads are so dam narrow. i swear my dad is hardheaded it would have been more fun with a sedan. then there was this one time where we went to italy and we got lost so this dude on a scooter says he'll show us the way so we follow him and pretty soon hes taking us through alleyways and small nieghbodyhood roads and shit, shit seemed suspicious so we just went the other way. finds out, he was taking us in the opposite direction. motherfuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE http://supertalk.sup...s//viewpost.gif
Are you kidding me? Soraanaam is the best poster we've got. When soraanaam quits posting, a kidney of this forum dies.

TEAM SORAANAAM GHOST AGENTS

Posted Image

#374 Tisswat

Tisswat

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,877 posts
  • joined 25 september 04
  • style:none
  • attitude:hypnotized

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

Serge, there are several threads on European tours in superjetset with lots of info on destinations and such.

I know many people (usually wind/kitesurfers) who have toured through Europe in a van. European highways/main roads (at least in western Europe) are perfect. And rent/buy a GPS system if you don't want to get lost like soraanaam. I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

By the way, I don't know the situation in Canada, but European gas prices are high. Then again, everything is expensive with the current €/$ rate.
In before waywt thread.

#375 thomas_highstreet

thomas_highstreet

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts
  • joined 06 july 05
  • style:exotic
  • attitude:hater

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

hmm.. .. yeah. i was thinking of doing a trip sometimes early 08.

i have a car already in europ though, and i wouldnt want to tour it in a rental car. they are normally in shitty condition and dirty as fuck. even the new ones, as the companies only keep fleets 6months then sell, so i guess they dont even bother to clean them before the day before the auction.

also, you gotta think about fuel economy over here. we dont have redneck fuel tax subsedies like in the us. price per litre in the uk just broke the $2 mark.

also driving in some citys is a nightmare...i hope your a very compitent driver and handle stress well.. :D

the money you might save on buying a shitty car will probably be lost on the shitty mpg you'll get. get a 2nd hand bmw 320d, will be a joy to drive and be decent on economy. if you have the time at the end of your trip you could get a good return on it anyway.

t

#376 Tisswat

Tisswat

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,877 posts
  • joined 25 september 04

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

Also, check www.mobile.de for vehicles. English version available.
In before waywt thread.

#377 Serge

Serge

superbored

• Pip
  • 845 posts
  • joined 10 june 07

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:37 AM

Cmon, someone has to have done something even remotely like this. Unless of course SuFuers are lazy bastards.

#378 soraanaam

soraanaam

banned

• banned
  • Pip
  • 1,108 posts
  • joined 25 january 07
  • biography:denim freak
  • talents:cycling

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:14 AM

fuk dat shit mang, my dad back in 04 rented an rv in germany to go road tripping from frankfurt to bodenheim, let me tell you one thing i was fuking pissing my pants, roads are so dam narrow. i swear my dad is hardheaded it would have been more fun with a sedan. then there was this one time where we went to italy and we got lost so this dude on a scooter says he'll show us the way so we follow him and pretty soon hes taking us through alleyways and small nieghbodyhood roads and shit, shit seemed suspicious so we just went the other way. finds out, he was taking us in the opposite direction. motherfuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE http://supertalk.sup...s//viewpost.gif
Are you kidding me? Soraanaam is the best poster we've got. When soraanaam quits posting, a kidney of this forum dies.

TEAM SORAANAAM GHOST AGENTS

Posted Image

#379 Tisswat

Tisswat

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,877 posts
  • joined 25 september 04

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

Serge, there are several threads on European tours in superjetset with lots of info on destinations and such.

I know many people (usually wind/kitesurfers) who have toured through Europe in a van. European highways/main roads (at least in western Europe) are perfect. And rent/buy a GPS system if you don't want to get lost like soraanaam. I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

By the way, I don't know the situation in Canada, but European gas prices are high. Then again, everything is expensive with the current €/$ rate.
In before waywt thread.

#380 thomas_highstreet

thomas_highstreet

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts
  • joined 06 july 05
  • style:exotic
  • attitude:hater

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

hmm.. .. yeah. i was thinking of doing a trip sometimes early 08.

i have a car already in europ though, and i wouldnt want to tour it in a rental car. they are normally in shitty condition and dirty as fuck. even the new ones, as the companies only keep fleets 6months then sell, so i guess they dont even bother to clean them before the day before the auction.

also, you gotta think about fuel economy over here. we dont have redneck fuel tax subsedies like in the us. price per litre in the uk just broke the $2 mark.

also driving in some citys is a nightmare...i hope your a very compitent driver and handle stress well.. :D

the money you might save on buying a shitty car will probably be lost on the shitty mpg you'll get. get a 2nd hand bmw 320d, will be a joy to drive and be decent on economy. if you have the time at the end of your trip you could get a good return on it anyway.

t

#381 Tisswat

Tisswat

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,877 posts
  • joined 25 september 04

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

Also, check www.mobile.de for vehicles. English version available.
In before waywt thread.

#382 moondog

moondog

superbored

• Pip
  • 925 posts
  • joined 20 january 06
  • talents:kendo, soccer, stuff

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:23 PM

so im dead set on going to these places in may or early june. I dont know why, i should probably go to some other touristy area...but i really want to go to these places.

if anyone can give me some advice, some tips of places to visit. also im thinking of going to norway as well...or is that just going to be way to expensive.

if there is any good night life anywhere? good looking lasses? neat things to see?

let me know

#383 ardeetee

ardeetee

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,380 posts
  • joined 11 august 05

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

can't stress the GPS enough... it will save you loads of trouble.

#384 superBobo

superBobo

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  • joined 25 september 06

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

I have been to neither country/island, but as no one else replys..

I know Reykavik is supposed to have a nice night life, but imo the point of going to Färöarna och Iceland is for the nature! And I guess you´d get the best info about that from tourist sites..
The north alantic islands seems to have so amazing nature..

#385 moondog

moondog

superbored

• Pip
  • 925 posts
  • joined 20 january 06
  • talents:kendo, soccer, stuff

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:04 AM

well im really going to see stuff cool stuff, and i plan on doing some biking aound on the faroe islands. I did a report on the faroe islands in grade 5 and i have always wanted to go there.

im going to be flying into olso, so im probably going to get all my partying out in and around stocklhom and .I i extended the trip by a week.

#386 Pandemonium

Pandemonium

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts
  • joined 25 january 07

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

don't the faroe islands have these fucked up custom whereby a boy becomes a man by killing fuckloads of whales until the sea turns a deep red?

cool.
\\\\\\\\\\\

#387 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:23 AM

just rent a car and make sure you visit madrid, barcelona, biarritz, paris, amsterdam, berlin, munich, venice, milan and some of the cote d azure. that'll be a kick ass trip. did this with a friend some years ago.

#388 Thebroadkastnet

Thebroadkastnet

bored

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • joined 20 september 07
  • talents:MONEY

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:09 PM

What up party people I am a senior and this is my last spring break!! Were should i go????? What should i do?? What is going to give me the best for my MONEY?

Help me find a trip

#389 englandmj7

englandmj7

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,817 posts
  • joined 28 july 05

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

Bogota, Colombia
Darfur, Sudan
&
Burger King

#390 darkanimal

darkanimal

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • joined 20 january 05
  • biography:instagram: @darkanimalnyc @darkelephanttattoos

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:28 PM

Alaska .

IMO, one of your worst outfits. You look like an andrognous fat gym teacher, those shorts are blech.

NYC contestant #13
Monster Sale!!! Cloak, RAF, Dior, N(N), more!!!