glasto 2007?

tweeds

a pal and i were hanging out over coffee and cakes yesterday afternoon, and we decided hey we have to go for a glasto before we go off to college. so im in charge of preliminary planning for the thing (next june) since this year is fallow isn't it?

has anyone been to glasto before on these boards? let me know what it was like. especially transport and other mundane shits like that. we'll be flying in from singapore if we're going to make this happen next year, so if anyone has any good and CHEAP/INEXPENSIVE/BUDGETY suggestions please let me know as well.

I went in 93, but it's changed since then. For better or worse, depending on who you ask.

Nothing about Glastonbury festival is cheap/inexpensive/budgety, and although it spins itself as something different, it works like any other enormous festival - you need your ticket, a tent ( if you're doing it properly) and a hella load of money. A big bag of assorted narcotics helps as well, IME, if only to trade and barter for a new tent/clothes/food when yours disappears under twenty feet of water/mud/sewage.

The tickets are pricy in themselves, and they sell out in a flash - like, hours if not minutes. They went on sale early on a Sunday morning last year and there was a load of fuss because the phone lines crashed/people in other countries couldn't get through/ etc, etc.

Best just check the website regularly?

[url=" http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/"] <a href="http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/</a>

it's definitely changed, from some other older folks i've talked to who've been to the glastos in the 90s, but there's still the lure of seeing mad hot bands like franz ferdinand and radiohead live. and the mud.

thanks for the headsup about tickets, i'll hang about the festival forums and listen out for more stuff as well.

Was there in 2004 & 2005. Really had a great time.

Word of advice: make sure you get tickets. Had to use 2 computers and 3 phones but still couldn't get through the website/call centre. It was like a phone brigade and friends actually got our tickets because we weren't successful! Note the date and time they're selling tickets, and use an alarm clock to remind you.

Just look at the glastonbury website. Loads of useful advice there.

i'm your friendly hedonistic loner