wrangler 13mwz

just found a pair of raw wranglers for cheap, so i picked em up. they are actually pretty fucking nice. ring ring broken twill, made in usa, rise isnt as high as everyone makes it out to be, pretty hevyweight denim, nice and stiff. i was wondering if anyone has experience wearing these in. is it possable to get a good fade? does the indigo wash out really bad like the levis stf?

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

I used to wear these when I worked construction... along with 501XXs and Canes47s. They turn out a lot different than the 501s and canes. They tend to have more of an even fade comparatively, but I was also washing them once a week. The denim, though, is made to last and it is much harder to rip holes in them than in the 501s.

I'm a big fan of the 13MWZs!

They've always struck me as the unknown bargain, and they are just so cool. The back-pocket rivets are the best feature - very retro.

They are heavy weight and wear very well, and yes, the wear patterns aren't as distinctive as found on some other brands, but they still have their own exceptional character.

And as you stated, the rise isn't really that high either - just a false perception, I'd say...

Jim

Jim Cissell

Wrangler....I live in Texas and I am just soooooo sick of seeing people in Wranglers two sizes too small with a fucking loud ass ugly shirt jammed tucked in with cowboy boots covered in cowshit. If any of you lived where I do you would not get ANYWHERE near a pair of Wranglers, that is unless you are a cowboy/cowboy wannabee. Most of which are the latter.

damnian - I hear you! I've seen that look (not as much as you) and it does give Wrangler a bad name. At the same time I realize that those particular jeans are very much a part of that sub-culture, and that's just the way it is. I'd image they'd say the same thing about the hiphop styling. Think how goofy 501s used to look way-way-back-when (say, the 20s?) on authentic, hardcore, blue-collar workers. 'Probably pretty silly, really. The styling of how to wear jeans really evolved back in the late 50s and were refined ever since on thru the late 60s.

Wranglers are like any other clothing - its really all in how you wear them. My take is to size them and wear them as if they're 501s or something - then they look good. When the 13MWZs are worn tight with cowboy boots they do come off kinda creep... but I still say worn 'right', they look pretty good...

Jim

Jim Cissell

well... i like em tight, like all my jeans(tho i dont have a beer belly hanging over them like most of the people i see wearing them), but i decided to take all the wrangler branding off. no plastic patch, no w on my ass, no tags. they look like much nicer jeans now.

the cowboy thing has always turned me off of them... but without anything screaming wrangler they are just well cut, heavy duty jeans. the only problem i have with em now is the back pockets are set very high. for 10$ i can get over it tho.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Apr 7, 2006 at 07:13 AM

yeah... the pocket rivits and broken twill are the reason i wanted to get them. that and the fact that they are 15oz denim. im liking the color too, a good break from super dark jeans, but not faded out.

You guys are right. It is in how you wear them, I guess they are a pretty good deal and nicer to wear than say old navy or some other cheap stuff. Worn a little looser (like 501) they probably are not that bad. The high pockets still creep me out though.

Wrangler's are an amazing deal . . . the construction is very clean and sturdy, felled outter seams etc. . . very impressive with brass rivets, made in the US and cheap. I'm a big fan of the 936DENs as well, they're more slim fit than the 13mwz . .though the rise is still higher than I would prefer.

speaking of wear, several years back I picked up 3 pairs from a rancher in montana for less than $15 . .they all looked pretty much like this:

wrangler01.jpg

wrangler02.jpg

Yup - I find myself prefering the 13MWZ more and more over the 501s - I hate to admit that, as I'm a headcore Levi's 501 fan, but these newer Levi's don't seem to be made as well as they used to, and the lighterweight denim bugs me. Don't get me wrong - my all-time favs are the 1947 models, but I'm getting tired of having to jump through hoops to get a pair anymore, pay out the rear for them if I find them, and worry about if they're sized properly or not...!

The Wranglers just seem to fit better, and I like the heavyweight denim. And like I've said before, I can't get enough of the rear pocket rivets... and they're easily sourced!!

Jim

Jim Cissell

I'm a big fan of 13mwz too - I know we've talked about it before Jim, but its great to hear from other people that appreciate what wrangler has done. I like the rivets, I love the change pocket, and the fit is good too. A great 501 alternative - as much as I love my Levi's, I love my 13s for variety.

I'm more into the 936 slim, at size 34 the 13 MWZ starts getting a little too relaxed

in the seat and the thigh. The high rise in the front isn't that big of a deal to me,

I've got a long torso so it still looks right in proportion.

Has anybody gotten into Wrangler's fashion lines (besides the built by Wendy one)

I'm more into the 936 slim, at size 34 the 13 MWZ starts getting a little too relaxed

in the seat and the thigh. The high rise in the front isn't that big of a deal to me,

I've got a long torso so it still looks right in proportion.

Has anybody gotten into Wrangler's fashion lines (besides the built by Wendy one)

after wearing these almost every day for the past week, i love em. the fit is nice and slim, straight leg(or maybe very slight boot), creases coming along nicely. heres pics for fit:

143777.jpg

143778.jpg

definatly worth more than the money you will spend. alot more than the 10$ i did spend.

Quote:

does anyone know where i can pick up a pair in NYC?

i went to target but they didn't have rigid indigo (which i am assuming is raw?).

maybe an army navy store?

--- Original message by mizanation on Apr 12, 2006 11:09 AM

http://www.discountwesternwear.com/product_info.php/products_id/43/

buy your true size, or size up for a looser fit.

Quote:
Quote:

does anyone know where i can pick up a pair in NYC?

i went to target but they didn't have rigid indigo (which i am assuming is raw?).

maybe an army navy store?

--- Original message by mizanation on Apr 12, 2006 11:09 AM

http://www.discountwesternwear.com/product_info.php/products_id/43/

buy your true size, or size up for a looser fit.

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Apr 12, 2006 11:15 AM

thanks for the sizing tip.

i found some places in the ny area off the wrangler website:

DAVES ARMY & NAVY

581 AVE OF AMERICAS

NEW YORK,NY

View Map at MapQuest.com

WHISKEY DUST INC

526 HUDSON ST

NEW YORK,NY

View Map at MapQuest.com

WESTERN SPIRIT

395 BROADWAY

NEW YORK,NY

View Map at MapQuest.com

RALEIGH MENS WEAR INC

LONG ISLAND CITY

ASTORIA,NY

11106-2649

View Map at MapQuest.com

CATBIRD

390 METROPOLITAN AVE

BROOKLYN,NY

View Map at MapQuest.com

ZAPATERIA MEXICO I

88-07 ROOSEVELT AVE

JACKSON HEIGHTS,NY

View Map at MapQuest.com

Edited by mizanation on Apr 12, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:

cleaning lady does it.

dont you have a cleaning lady?

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Apr 12, 2006 11:02 AM

the wife hates it when i call her that

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Apr 12, 2006 11:11 AM

mine gets wet when i call her that...

how does the fit on these compare to 501xx's, specifically the seat? I like to sag a little and it looks bad on 501's because of the anti-fit, do the wranglers fit better on skinny people and not have such a baggy ass as the 501s?

oh, and what size are you wearing in that pic, cheapmofo? (and your height/weight too please if you do not mind)

Edited by taromakino on Apr 12, 2006 at 12:17 PM